Roger Chatfield

Bleeding brakes and abs

Evening chums,

I've just repaired and refitted my abs unit, all is working ok but it does need a bleed.

I've got a pressure bleeder, so what the best routine, do the calipers first or do the abs unit first?

Rog.

It's a pain in the arse Rog! I put 4 litres through it the other week and still wasn't happy. Paid a garage to do it and Mot it, but it came back exactly the same as before, but with a fresh ticket. Think it may have been because I'd been driving the Bimmer for a while but I could have sworn they were better before!

In my experience it does take a good few miles after bleeding to get a proper feel back. In the meantime I just press the brakes a bit sooner and use the gears slightly if really necessary.

In my experience it does take a good few miles after bleeding to get a proper feel back. In the meantime I just press the brakes a bit sooner and use the gears slightly if really necessary.

X2

It takes a lot of patience

We bled mine through the calipers till all the air had gone , the peddle was terrible , bled the pump and it was still crap . Bled the master , bingo , better than they have ever been .

Evening chums,

I've just repaired and refitted my abs unit, all is working ok but it does need a bleed.

I've got a pressure bleeder, so what the best routine, do the calipers first or do the abs unit first?

Rog.

Did you take any pics of the repairs? Was it dry soldered joints or more indepth repairs?

Dry joint mate, mine only failed when it was cold so I assumed a dry that was closing up with heat.

I just scraped the laquar off and resolve red each joint, took about ten mins, refitted and it now works fine.

Just need to bleed the lines now, I've got a pressure bleeder so I'm hoping it'll go fine.

Once that's done she'll be up for sale... :(

Rog.

Dry joint mate, mine only failed when it was cold so I assumed a dry that was closing up with heat.

I just scraped the laquar off and resolve red each joint, took about ten mins, refitted and it now works fine.

Just need to bleed the lines now, I've got a pressure bleeder so I'm hoping it'll go fine.

Once that's done she'll be up for sale... :(

Rog.

My original pump was worse when cold, lots of inlet / outlet valve codes so I presume the issue is the power supply side affecting all within?