culshaw

Eu Referendum

One things for certain, if we vote out VW Heritage will be even more expensive!

I've not decided but if the cats in tomorrow when I come down for breakfast i'm in.... if the cats out, i'm out.

Is that certain. ..I'm out and hope the cat is too

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is that certain.

Possibly. VW Heritage get some parts from VW Classic Parts on the continent so if we leave, then we have the import duty payable passed on to us.

😁 we all have our reasons for staying in our going out. And to be fair vw heritage prices are a good reason to stay as the last thing I bought was £20. Which I paid for with money that has the Queens Head on 🖒

Yep totally. I have no opinion on in or out to be honest. It's been whirlwinded into a blame tool for a lot of stuff.

Not going to judge anyone either way for their decision, but I am firmly remaining in. Too many unknowns about leaving, and frankly all the people who represent the leave campaign (Farage, Boris, Gove) I utterly loathe. The sector I work in would be affected by a leave vote too so.. it's a no brainer for me about remaining.

Not going to judge anyone either way for their decision, but I am firmly remaining in. Too many unknowns about leaving, and frankly all the people who represent the leave campaign (Farage, Boris, Gove) I utterly loathe. The sector I work in would be affected by a leave vote too so.. it's a no brainer for me about remaining.

I'm not getting into Any political argument butttt... my heart says out but my head says in... Just because the state of my stock n shares and what the ft has done recently. I'd be financially better off...

TBF Jim, you're the first person I've heard (amongst the general population) who wants to remain for a valid (work not) reason.

I don't think "too many unknowns, can't stand Boris etc" is a valid reason to stay. We don't "know" what will happen from one year to the next whilst we're in the EU, with the only known I can see is more sanctions across all sectors being imposed before long.

We won't end up just paying import duty from foreign retailers, we're the 5th biggest economy in the world and an absolutely huge global consumer. Absolutely no private industry will pull out or stop dealing with us for fear of the amount they'll lose in revenue. The same will be said about foreign governments. Large companies dictate what happens to our governments, not the other way around. They will be too afraid to impose or change (by much) current trade agreements as these large companies will loose potentially billions if we reduce importing/consumption, or simply go elsewhere.

Yes I expect prices may rise slightly for a year or so after its announced whilst stock markets settle and get used to it, but we'll come out better for it in the medium to long term.

I'm away at the moment so the wife is voting for me by proxy, but I'm out.

I'm an out as as a small nation we cannot cope with the amount of net migration.

Even though I do think I will be worse off financially by being out, I worry about the mounting pressure on hospitals, schools etc just with our ageing and already inflated population, never mind the continued rise in numbers.

I currently wait over a week for a docs appointment, where does it end.

He's only gone and done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting a EU Ref Thread, dear lord

I buy stuff from Germany and from the USA, I just pay the charges on the stuff from USA, that'll be the difference, its not really that bad, can afford to pay it, i do and don't really think about it, i wouldn't base the future of our country on the fact we may have to paid import duty.

I really think we can sort ourselves out, we got over that double dip recession and all that money the banks lost, Didn't see Greece helping out.

I reckon the EU should be made up of all those smaller countries helping each other out, Germany and France should also leave the EU in my opinion. We can still work with the EU and listen to what they are doing to save the planet. Its not like they won't exist.

I've not decided but if the cats in tomorrow when I come down for breakfast i'm in.... if the cats out, i'm out.

to be fair my cat makes more sense than most of our politicians put together, good idea, I might seek his opinion tomorrow.

This has always been a very civilized forum, I wonder how these threads have gone on some other forums :)

this has always been a very civilized forum

go **** yourself you ******* **** i'll give you civilized you *****!!!!!

;) :) :d :)

...but with a very unhealthy level of sarcasm...

anyway back to cats, here's the cat:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84047[/ATTACH]

Edited by davidwort

pretty sure the last person to start post pussy pictures willy nilly got banned?

might be wrong

He's only gone and done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting a EU Ref Thread, dear lord

hahaha, it was a bit quiet!!!

In or out , we will all be f@@@ed anyway , I haven't voted since I was 18 years old , why ? What's the point ? , whoever is in, they will screw you over no matter what . All the bigwigs are out for themselves . None of them give a stuff about the little people .

They have a poll going on ED38

In (122 votes [30.20%])

Out (216 votes [53.47%])

Undecided (47 votes [11.63%])

Not voting (19 votes [4.70%])

Some folks with strange ideas about what will or will not happen :scratch

I will be voting OUT as will the wife and pretty much most of the folks up here that I have discussed it with.

I'm still undecided, but mainly because I made the error of trying to wade my way through all the different claims on both sides and, to be quite frank, it's all rubbish. Everyone is blaming everyone else, or blaming all the UK's issues on EU membership and yes, some are the fault of the EU but some definitely aren't.

Nobody truly knows what is going to happen. All I know is that it took us 12 years to join the EU, and I suspect it'll take us a bit longer to get out even if we do vote that way so we won't see an instant change.

Worth a read, if you've got long enough https://fullfact.org/

Edited by mic_VR