culshaw

Eu Referendum

He voted to Remain in the EU. So probably not.

Corse he did, him and Cameron are close friends!

Corse he did, him and Cameron are close friends!

The reason Scotland voted to stay in is due to Nicola Krankie telling them all to vote remain (I voted OUT) creating the situation we now have, what would she have done if the whole vote had ended Remain!

That was one of my concerns but I always vote with what I best believe to the question in hand however that was the only thing that was on mind.

pictures have strangely diapered but there were photos kicking about of Rebekah brooks wedding, that she held the reception at clarksons house, and her Cameron Murdoch and Clarkson are all together having a right old party. Been mates for years!

Never one to sit on the fence! :grin:

Lol..... I was ranty this morning because I had a flick on my FB news feed and all it was, was referendum stuff! Just different articles assorted journalists from both camps being bandied about. And as usual, the press sensationalise everything out of proportion!

I think the amateur dramatics surrounding the pound dropping in value wound me up the most. I found a website that trend analyses currencies and check this out - http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=GBP&C2=USD&A=1&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=1953&DD2=24&MM2=06&YYYY2=2016&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0&MM1Y=0

As you can see, before we joined the EU in 1975, the buck to quid ratio was strong. We joined, then it started falling and has been up and down ever since. And look at the massive dip at 1985.....the year they are comparing to currently......we were part of the EU then!! :D

I was very much in remain camp by the way ;)

At least this is a reasonable discussion on here, some of the vitrol flying around at the moment is depressing.

It's far more interesting that the CAC (French) and DAX (German) markets are down more than double the FTSE 100 at the moment.

We've only voted to leave !

It could take years to actually leave,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gutted, what ****es me off is that most of the people I know at work who voted to leave are doing so to reduce immigration. Like that's actually going to happen... So sad my for my children's generation especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finding all this rather depressing, I voted remain , and was surprised to wake up to the news this morning that the vote went to leave.

With the build up to the vote being supported by the likes of Richard Branson, Alan Sugar and Steven Hawking to remain I can't believe the vote went to leave , fronted by Farage and Johnson !!

My only hope is that surely more than half the voting public can't have made such a terrible error and things will turn out fine.

It would be nice to hear something more positive from the government and general media as I think the country needs a boost to say the least :(

Right , I'm getting a beer , it might all be ok in the morning !

Edited by Harrier

I voted to stay mainly because I felt that although leaving has its positives nobody has any sort of plan t execute this monumental scheme, I actually feel quite gutted that both sides presented a very poor case for their campaigns and really the whole mentality of it all was no better than a trump rally!

I work for wetherspoons and frankly I'm disgusted in the way Tim Martin used our pubs to promote his agenda of leaving, also the fact that it bent the ears of how shall we say more impressionable human beings who's main focus is making Britain white again and feel the polls have taken their jobs that they don't actually want.

I just hope that a plan is put into action and we make the most of the decision the country has made, we will never know what could of been and will just have to keep moving forward regardless of how the vote turned out

I voted leave as i believe the people we vote in to power should have the power.

Remain seemed to be mainly about money in pockets and free movement of people across a massive collection of countries with ours being the most appealing.

We will deal with the short terms effects, i can't see the country going bust, if we do, Africa will have a charity concert for us and we just keep the comic relief money.

^lol

and can anyone tell me what stuff's good for removing the glue left from those pesky little euro stickers on my numberplate

This Sounds Great.

Seeing as you lot have finally Left the EE, VEEDUBBED can FINALLY get My monies Worth out of the exclusive VEEDUBBED parts Collection.. No more loosing out to the bloomin £..

Ha! Can't wait chumps!!

Haha! ^^

In all fairness, I think its diabolical that everyone is now jumping on the immigration bandwagon, and pretty much calling everyone who voted to leave racist. I absolutely did not vote to leave purely for immigration, and it wasn't even my main thinking behind it. As mentioned above, its allowing our country and our leaders to lead based on what WE want, not what is dictated to us by Brussels. I also agree that strategies should have been thought about way in advance should (as it did) the leave vote prevail, which is another thing the press are jumping on in that why don't we have a time frame for all these things. Well, that too takes time to formulate a plan, and as much as I loath some of these politicians, I'm pretty sure they've been working on it in preparation for quite some time. They're not as stupid as we like to think, so it would'nt be a "lets cross that bridge when/if we come to it" mindset. Everyone just wants answers now, but we have to accept its going to take time. I believe our future generations will benefit from this not be hampered by it, but like I'm sure many of us are I'm questioning my judgement. Have I done the right thing? Only time will tell. Its all sinking in now I suppose but drastic measures were required, and we need to have the balls to act. If we all just accepted it as "thats just how it is" the world would have wiped itself out a long time ago.

I didn't vote because I literally don't care as politics is corrupted and manipulative from top to bottom. I certainly don't want to become one of those condescending halfwits who harp on about it all day on facebook or whatever.

[ATTACH]84056[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sorry to bring car chat into this area but I think this was quite interesting. I bought my shocks from bilstein-shop.com (in NL) on the 8th of June or so. They including delivery cost me £530. Today they would cost £570. Wow.

I bought KW V1's inox for £550 a few years back, think they are about £750 now

I think that's just KW being greedy *******s, than relating to the exchange rate or anything.

As mentioned above, its allowing our country and our leaders to lead based on what WE want, not what is dictated to us by Brussels.

Yep. The amount of times I ranted on here about emissions regs being dictated to us by Brussels! Well, they can feck off now :D

VAT on sanitary products, food and childrens clothes was forced upon us by Brussels too. So they can feck off again.