FrankyEight

What's your Mileage?

Hi all,

Was just intrigued as to what mileage you guys have. I have 95K on my '95 16v which I can only presume is not that bad for a 21 year old car? Also, how long do you think these 2.0 16v engines can go for if maintained correctly?

Are there any really early ones still out there on the road too? The early nose versions, 1.8 16v and G60?

Just curious...

VRs stronger than the 16vs for longevity?

That was my thinking when i bought a VR, big engine that you can cruise along without over working it.

my G reg 16v is a 1990 & passed 177777 yesterday - i originally owned it from 2000 to 2006 IIRC, then brought it back in 2014. i thik it was around 90k ish when i 1st owned it but am waiting for the DVLA to send the owner data to me as the folder full of history which went when i sold it had been lost when i brought it back

my VR6 is a 95 & on about 171 with a top end rebuild & some breathing done at around 153K. ive had this about 6 years, brought at about 94K

95 VR Storm 93k

95 VR 'Norfolk Black' 103k currently off the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under 96k on my 1.8 16v 1990, although I bought it with under 65k.

As for what will last longer - the 16v will compared to a VR - cambelts are on fixed maintenance cycles (mileage or years) and they don't suffer the 1 & 6 bore wear issues that high mileage VRs seem to develop.

That being said none of the high mileage figures quoted on this thread are a surprise and you should expect around 250k miles from any Corrado engine with suitable maintenance

Yes, even G60s, subject to charger servicing.