sweetcorne

H plate Corrado 1.8 16v

Andy, i've been trying to add your number to my Whatsupp list but I don't think it went through.

I'll try again later. What are you planning on getting off that silver corrado? Are you gonna turbo the corrado 1.8 KR engine? What's the front end like condition wise?

Cheers.

Andy, i've been trying to add your number to my Whatsupp list but I don't think it went through.

I'll try again later. What are you planning on getting off that silver corrado? Are you gonna turbo the corrado 1.8 KR engine? What's the front end like condition wise?

Cheers.

I am using all the running gear/sub frame clocks,wiring loom,tank pump, power steering to convert My boys White MK2 Jetta into a 1.8t

Don't want to come over wrong andy but i take it you've done something like this before?

If i may offer some advice, i don't think your going to use much off the corrado in the photo mate, gearbox ratios will be very short, the corrado clocks i don't think will fit inside the jetta's instrument cluster hole in the dash, i personally would change the pistons in the KR mill as the CR will be way too high, then you have the exhaust, turbo manifold, wastegate, injection system in place of the totally insufficient fuelling system, turbo plumbing, intercooler, which type and where? uprate front brakes...the list goes on..

As i said before, and on the PM i sent you, i don't want to come across as a big headed know it all mate, it's just that i've been there and done this loads of times now and know virtually all the pitfalls..

Don't want to come over wrong andy but i take it you've done something like this before?

If i may offer some advice, i don't think your going to use much off the corrado in the photo mate, gearbox ratios will be very short, the corrado clocks i don't think will fit inside the jetta's instrument cluster hole in the dash, i personally would change the pistons in the KR mill as the CR will be way too high, then you have the exhaust, turbo manifold, wastegate, injection system in place of the totally insufficient fuelling system, turbo plumbing, intercooler, which type and where? uprate front brakes...the list goes on..

As i said before, and on the PM i sent you, i don't want to come across as a big headed know it all mate, it's just that i've been there and done this loads of times now and know virtually all the pitfalls..

I am using a MK4 Golf 1.8T engine. I am using the complete rear axel off the Corrado.The complete front sub frame ,The brakes and front hubs and power steering off the Corrado The clocks do fit,hence why I'm also using the wiring loom. Its the same as a MK2 golf (CE2).The gear box I'm going to use will either be a Mk3 Golf GTI or MK3 Golf TDI (LONGER 1ST/2ND).The Corrado as a better anti roll bar than the golf. The power steering rack is the same I just have to change the steering arms to MK2 golf ones. Gabriels Jetta is only a 1.3 so I need to convert the rear beam to disc brake so use the Corrado. I hav

ent done this before well not on a golf I am into Old Skool Fords. I have restored a few of them over the years

001.jpg

100_2069.jpg

100_2087.jpg

005-1.jpg

100_1096.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

I want to be a brand snob and say I'd rather push a Volkswagen that drive a Ford, BUT, those are some extremely impressive and nostalgic cars indeed. I must admit, I'd seriously think about swapping my car for either of those, and they're probably worth more than twice what mine is too!

Best of luck with your newest venture, although I'm sorry I can't offer any advice. :thumbleft:

Lovely fords... the 3 last letters on that corrado number plate describe it to a T.....

H ECK :)

Edited by delfinis38

Ok Andy. Are you on Passionford?

Basically you will need just the g60 flywheel and normal clutch then?

No Mate and I am going to use a VR6 clutch or the one from you (depends on price) and then I might uuse the fly wheel off this if not then yes you are right the G60 one

Hi I have bought this for the running gear for my mk2 Jetta 1.8t conversion

IMG_0024_zpso7ajazho.jpg

IMG_0378_zps92p3gmax.jpg

IMG_0377_zpsxneumpza.jpg

IMG_0376_zpsi58hscyp.jpg

IMG_0371_zps5r5rwkqm.jpg

IMG_0369_zps824pctv8.jpg

IMG_0368_zpsgc8tayzi.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsxufpbtdo.jpg

IMG_0365_zpsxdbqecyi.jpg

IMG_0363_zpsm0itfqam.jpg

IMG_0362_zps3gg5x8wp.jpg

IMG_0361_zpscqzprpbu.jpg

Hi, would be interested in the sunroof mechanism if it's in working order,where abouts are you. Thanks Alan

Hi, would be interested in the sunroof mechanism if it's in working order,where abouts are you. Thanks Alan

Took it off today looked good £20 plus postage