GrahamU

Whats going on with Photobucket ?

Seen a few car pics disappear leaving alot of pages without the needed pictures

It would seem photobucket have decided not to allow sharing unless you pay them, bit s----y considering how many forums have photos hosted by them but I guess they have you where they want.

Only thing is it doesnt seem to have affected all accounts, I dont pay and can still see my pics on the different forums I use so does anyone have any idea whats they are doing?

What alternatives are any good to use?

Noticed this too today. Also using the photobucket site has been a bit crappy the last few years. They seem to have stuck loads of adverts on there.

Not sure what I'll do. Been meaning to move to another hosting sure but probably got over 1000 photos to sort out. Not to mention all the ones on past phones.

Are there any good recommendations for other hosting sites?

Are there any good recommendations for other hosting sites?

Yours is a prime example Ollie, cant see any of your pics which was annoying when I wanted to show a guy at work a blackberry :(

Imgur is my pick, we even use it sometimes at work

I'll give that a look, thanks

I have 15 years of photos on there, gonna be a pain to transfer

I would use imgur for uploads that you are happy to throwaway, I use a mixture of Dropbox and Google photos for more personal ones at the moment. Imgur guarantees that if your photo is accessed every 3 months it wont be deleted but I've got images I haven't looked at in a year that are still there.

Mine seen to still be there.....

I did notice a new set of terms a few days ago but didn't click on it, so this may be it. Have any of you installed any updates from the site recently?

I read on edition 38 that it was after the update. Apparently they are now charging a fortune for hosting pics