Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Whats the fastest you have ever been in your Corrado?

ive had 150 out of mine while racing a scooby,and according to my gps the speedo is just 2-3 mph out

with the 17" wheels the rolling radius is slightly bigger which corrects the 10% inaccuracy of the speedo so yes you would get a more acurate reading. 150 on 17's though is impressive. when did you change to 5th and did it still pull?

lol! What did you have out of her Rob?

Indicated 145

It felt like there was plenty more to go too

Fastest against another car was overtaking a 2.2 Prelude at 140 who gave a good account untill then but did the decent thing and pulled over for me

An indicated just under 150mph in the G60. Shat it to go quicker as Dick Dastardly overtook me in his VR :wink:

just a shade over 125 on a slight downhill slope, and 120 on the flat, which it pulled up to quite nicely, 105 in 4th then up to 5th and quite an easy 15mph, but at that point it just gave up trying! I'm sure theres more in it, maybe its a faulty fuel pump or lack of enough oil pressure or something. I was quite supprised thats all i got considering my previous 1.6 astra topped out at 120 too, i'd hoped for a bit more! saying that the astra wasn't very happy doing that speed where as the C seemed to be enjoying itself! :lol:

Think I'm best so far :D

An indicated 152mph- tho in fairness it was downhill and I was being pulled along by what I hope was a fairly well modded civic type R. That was with a fairly healthy slipstream- couldn't get more more than 146mph when I was in front :(

Mike

145, wasn't red lining, but thats fast enough for me

An indicated 152mph- tho in fairness it was downhill and I was being pulled along by what I hope was a fairly well modded civic type R. That was with a fairly healthy slipstream- couldn't get more more than 146mph when I was in front :(

Mike

CTRs can do 145-150 as standard I'm sorry to say........ but then so does the VR, so they're quite evenly matched.

An indicated 152mph-

Mike

Mine was at the reset, which is past 160

In my 1.8 16V 1991 model i've hit 125mph - at which point i just got too scared to do anymore - but as said by others it seemed willing to go further - about 5000 rpm in 5th so a bit more potential there - my excuse is that i've only just got the car and also the car was in the garage for 20 out of my first 21 days of ownership! (dont think that one will stand up in court but i'll give it a bash! :lol: )

Also this speed was done with 4 people in the car including myself! Not bad at all 8)

Roads where a bit on the crap side but still managed to reach 125 before some prat in a BMW 5 series decided to move into the middle the road so I couldn't pass him Grrr.

When driving mine for the first time after I picked it up I was stuck behind a A6 Quattro that felt like it was pootling along in the outside lane. They pulled over I accerated past. I then realised I was zapping past the rest of the traffic rather quickly. Glanced down and then backed off when I saw I was going 110ish. lol. Made me laugh tho.

Hmm this topic smacks of "my knob is bigger than yours" but.... :lol:

When the VR had 268 cams, VSR etc, etc,etc. it was off the clock and still pulling. When slowing down I shot past an unmarked cop Subaru at over 140mph. He caught me slowing down at an average 130mph over the mile or whatever distance it is they measure.

very opportunist (that's definitely spelt wrong!! :roll: )

Spelling looks good to me Timo :wink:

Game On!!! 8)

Makes a change! :roll:

Timo.

An indicated 152mph-

Mike

Mine was at the reset, which is past 160[/quote:b4dde]

Hey that makes me second with 158 on the speedo but would have defo gone to the reset button but pants were browned by then, i agree with speedo being out though :lol:

CorradoVR6Nos (or is it ChrisVR6NOS?) has had 165 out of his

Yes I remember the thread- think he was racing some japanese beast at the time- can't quite remember what car it was he beat though :|

Unmarked Scooby???????

That ain't playing fair :(

Although think Humberside Plod have 2 x Ex Colin McCrae Prodrive preped WRC Scoobs as traffic cars..............with the turbo restrictors removed!!!!! :shock:

I was just thinking about this thread (or the exact same one that went around a few months ago) the other day as I hit 142 (indicated).

just under 6000 revs

stock standard vr6.

Had to slow down as all the other cars were coming at me in reverse at 70mph! :)

It would take quite a long road for the old girl to get much more than that I think.

CorradoVR6Nos (or is it ChrisVR6NOS?) has had 165 out of his

Yes I remember the thread- think he was racing some japanese beast at the time- can't quite remember what car it was he beat though :|

I think he was racing his mate's MR2 turbo.......

I think he was racing his mate's MR2 turbo.......

that'll be chrisvr6nos then! I've been lucky ( :?: ) enough to be in his passenger seat at 140 with plenty left in it, I've also sat in the ex-mr2 owners new (to him him anyway!) modded skyline gts-t while racing chris and he actually pulled away from it! supercharged vr6's are 'seriously' fast, it'll be even better once hes got the smaller pully hes been on about!

230 kph on a German Autobarn, check out the oil temp! Ouch!

G60 GO was standard then, the weekend after it got Jabbered.

It goes faster now that rev limiter is higher :lol: Although i wouldn't take a pic at that speed

6700 if I remember correctly mate, felt like a different car after it had the stage 4, chip and pulley.

On the same trip I had it showing 240 on a french motorway but the camera was out of reach!

What is it about french motorways? An indicated 135mph with 2 passengers and kit on the way back from le Mans at about 6,000 revs (although I was too busy concentrating of the corner coming up....

Cheers,

Tom