Keyo

Black magic returns home

I've had a Gamma IV for years and love it - watch out when buying as there is a later version that looks identical but has blue/red illumination to match the revised dash later Golf and Passat. I run an aux connector for iPod/phone and line in via the CD changer socket, and you can also get full hands free blue-tooth adapters still. I love the little anti-theft light, and the speed sensitive volume control - and the deck (as well as being a theft deterrent in itself) comes in handy for playing that  "Awesome Mix #1" cassette that you found in the attic!

9 hours ago, fendervg said:

I've had a Gamma IV for years and love it - watch out when buying as there is a later version that looks identical but has blue/red illumination to match the revised dash later Golf and Passat. I run an aux connector for iPod/phone and line in via the CD changer socket, and you can also get full hands free blue-tooth adapters still. I love the little anti-theft light, and the speed sensitive volume control - and the deck (as well as being a theft deterrent in itself) comes in handy for playing that  "Awesome Mix #1" cassette that you found in the attic!

Mate over the moon with it to be honest and was happy to see all the cabling behind the stereo  was in good order with original plugs. Fen have you ever seen this 3 cd changer for the USA market )Gamma 3 ) holy smoke not cheap sit down. 1.1K

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Gamma-3-CD-US-model-357-035-196/254213965274?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Would really like a Gamma 3 for my Mk2 now - love the Gamma ha !

Edited by Keyo

Mate over the moon with it to be honest and was happy to see all the cabling behind the stereo  was in good order with original plugs. Fen have you ever seen this 3 cd changer for the USA market )Gamma 3 ) holy smoke not cheap sit down. 1.1K
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Gamma-3-CD-US-model-357-035-196/254213965274?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Yep. Very rare. It doesn’t have an end stage amplifier, so watch out - it only works with VW Aktiv amplified speakers or an external amp. It was a system that abandoned pretty quickly.

Often fitted to Golf convertible. Would be so nice to have a period correct CD player if it didn’t have that gotcha.

1 minute ago, fendervg said:

Yep. Very rare. It doesn’t have an end stage amplifier, so watch out - it only works with VW Aktiv amplified speakers or an external amp. It was a system that abandoned pretty quickly.

Often fitted to Golf convertible. Would be so nice to have a period correct CD player if it didn’t have that gotcha.

Sure chap I have a BLAUPUNKT FREIBURG SQM 26  owning a 91 model I think it was early mk2 19e - also the screen is orange and it is nice to have matching to dash so a Gamma 3 is on the cards. 

Never knew these door frame seals existed- says they are for dusty regions and still available left and right for a whopping £180.00 each. I take it know one has got them on UK cars. 

No 21 on diagram 

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/corrado/cor/1995-76/8/831-153000/

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/dichtung-17d260.html

Edited by Keyo

Ouch. I wouldn't like to drill a hole for no.24 to fix the seal either.  I had seen that b4 on thr drawings but never looked into it that far. Are you doing it ?😊

16 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Ouch. I wouldn't like to drill a hole for no.24 to fix the seal either.  I had seen that b4 on thr drawings but never looked into it that far. Are you doing it ?😊

Absolutely not mate I was more wondering if any UK cars came with them - they also have a special seal under the door for dust region which is still available ( UK ones are na)- I think they came on Canadian cars . l Far too much water comes out my door drain hole when opening the car but my car is parked downhill - I really think its the outer door scrapers old  with no tension anymore. 

Edited by Keyo

The UK cars had the seal at the bottom of the door. Not many of them are still in place as they often split and hang down so people removed them years ago. Not mine I might add, mine are still perfect. 😜

Just now, seanl82 said:

The UK cars had the seal at the bottom of the door. Not many of them are still in place as they often split and hang down so people removed them years ago. Not mine I might add, mine are still perfect. 😜

Mine are still on but have seen better days for sure ! 

Been doing a little bit of restoration on x 3 sets of  rubber Corrado factory mats with  Gummi + new decals which are often missing  and a few sets of gutter trims using new d shape rubbers and 3 m tape at the bottom.  Gutter trims tested as I did a friends set and fit perfect- beats the £350 for a new set hey ! If you have missing ends you can still buy the parts to make them up  cheap from Classics or Heritage. 

Gutter trim  refurb kit. 

x 2 of d shape rubbers with 3 m tape    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4M-Car-Door-D-Shape-Seal-Strip-Edge-Protectors-Weatherstrip-Rubber-Sealing-Trims/303661090288?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

x2 of 3M double sided  tape 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-x-10MM-CAR-AUTO-ACRYLIC-FOAM-DOUBLE-SIDED-ADHESIVE-ATTACHMENT-TAPE-UK-STOCK/171645766460?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Gummi rubber treatment 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Care-Stick-100ml-BUNDLE-SAVER-FREE-SHIPPING/192187603895?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

rub.jpg

rub1.jpg

rub2.jpg

rub4.jpg

gutt.jpg

gutt1.jpg

rug.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Too tip with the Gummi Keyo, as your car is stored outside, put it on your door and boot seals as it'll stop them sticking and potentially ripping as they won't freeze. 👍

10 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Too tip with the Gummi Keyo, as your car is stored outside, put it on your door and boot seals as it'll stop them sticking and potentially ripping as they won't freeze. 👍

To be honest mate you recommended it me and I can honestly say it is a fantastic product. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

To be honest mate you recommended it me and I can honestly say it is a fantastic product. 

Did I!? Lol, going senile in my old age as I can't remember that! 😂

33 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Did I!? Lol, going senile in my old age as I can't remember that! 😂

You did so mate - as you say your getting on a bit. 😀

Edited by Keyo

You did Sean 😂😂

I love the Gummi stuff

Keyo, you source items I didn't know existed. I've had VWs all my life, and rubber mats for them. Yet never knew badges were available for them

Just now, Cressa said:

You did Sean 😂😂

I love the Gummi stuff

Keyo, you source items I didn't know existed. I've had VWs all my life, and rubber mats for them. Yet never knew badges were available for them

Sure chap they come new with decals but they fall off pretty quick as rubber has petroleum in them and has bad adhesion - I got these decals made chap. In the Golf Mk2 world these mats sell for £160 = the Corrado world aint tweeked on yet so they are a bargain at the moment- the best ever sets were the Votex carpet and rubber mix - pure quailty. 

Votex 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-JETTA-MK2-GENUINE-VOTEX-RUBBER-CARPET-FLOOR-CAR-MAT-SET-MATS-X4/324235949443?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I sold a set a couple of years ago as I preferred carpeted ones (have two sets now). The genuine carpet ones were going for decent money at the time too, though do wish I'd kept hold of them now tbh. 😔

32 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I sold a set a couple of years ago as I preferred carpeted ones (have two sets now). The genuine carpet ones were going for decent money at the time too, though do wish I'd kept hold of them now tbh. 😔

There is a genuine set on ebay at the moment 15 nippers mate but in grey I think- dont look in to bad nick with some tlc. Bit of hokery pokery will be very nice .

Edited by Keyo

Spent the morning doing the extremely tedious task of completing  the valuation form- will update the amount of valuation I went for and what and what they agreed . Went with Lancaster same who valued agreed the value at 19K for Mk2 golf- good thing is they only make you send the valuation every 2 years unlike others that are annual. 

These are the pictures I sent them  fingers crossed . 

cc.jpg

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

Edited by Keyo

5 hours ago, Keyo said:

Spent the morning doing the extremely tedious task of sending the valuation over- will update the what I went for valuation and what they agreed . Went with Lancaster same who valued agreed the value at 19K Mk2 golf- good thing is they only make you send the valuation every 2 years unlike others that are annual. 

These are the pictures I sent them  fingers crossed . 

cc.jpg

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

excellent work m8 - good luck & be nice to read the outcome 🙂

11 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Those rubber mats are very nice, never seem them before!

ive still got a set in my 16v but they will be transferred to the VR6 once the valver is sold 🙂

59 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

excellent work m8 - good luck & be nice to read the outcome 🙂

Cool chap I do like a set of rubber mats myself - would love a set of the Votex ones if anyone has any for sale without damage. 

In regards to the valuation pictures just make sure you announce every mod to the insurance as they will have pictures of your car to catch you out if you missed anything - I also had the mods listed on the car history file and cost)  also gave a link to the Blackberry that sold for 17.2 K earlier this year and also a link to the Campaign on 35k - also the last registered car that sold for 21k from memory.  Remember they can check from your factory sticker what your came with from Karmann. Some might notice how many photos I took of paperwork - this is the key IMO as it proves what renovation work has been done to the car and covering your personal loss god forbid anything happens. 

DECLERATION

Factory option Recaro seats   that I upgraded into the car.

Factory option gauge pods that I upgraded into the car

VW Motorsport 16 alloys 

D & W  German tuning house Momo leather Steering Wheel. 

Stainless steel exhaust 

25mm Eibach lowering springs 

Spoonfed extended spoiler which Im yet to fit. 

Schrick VGI Inlet Manifold. 

Edited by Keyo

18 hours ago, Keyo said:

Cool chap I do like a set of rubber mats myself - would love a set of the Votex ones if anyone has any for sale without damage. 

In regards to the valuation pictures just make sure you announce every mod to the insurance as they will have pictures of your car to catch you out if you missed anything - I also had the mods listed on the car history file and cost)  also gave a link to the Blackberry that sold for 17.2 K earlier this year and also a link to the Campaign on 35k - also the last registered car that sold for 21k from memory.  Remember they can check from your factory sticker what your came with from Karmann. Some might notice how many photos I took of paperwork - this is the key IMO as it proves what renovation work has been done to the car and covering your personal loss god forbid anything happens. 

DECLERATION

Factory option Recaro seats   that I upgraded into the car.

Factory option gauge pods that I upgraded into the car

VW Motorsport 16 alloys 

D & W  German tuning house Momo leather Steering Wheel. 

Stainless steel exhaust 

25mm Eibach lowering springs 

Spoonfed extended spoiler which Im yet to fit. 

Schrick VGI Inlet Manifold. 

good info keyo thanks

& yes i make sure i declare all mods to my insurer, always have - in fact this year i had to ring flux back after i received the paperwork as there were only a few mods listed, when i spoke to their customer services the guy checked & said "ahh yes sir, unfortunately we cant fit all of your mods on the paperwork but they are all listed" PMSL