Keyo

Black magic returns home

1 minute ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Be like new soon 

Would love to think so but the things they are screwed into are not new- youll never beat a factory fresh car or the smell of one 🤑

i1-newcarscentulimatecarjar.jpg

Just pop one in the rear ashtray, even better if you have a cup holder there already!

EDIT - on second glance, it's not even a candle - just hang it off the rear view mirror....

6 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Or a bar of soap from Lush. God that stuff sinks

ha ha - I nearly choke from the smell of passing by those shops - have never been into one for fear of blacking out instantly.

That's going to be a nice rear end ha haa!
You sourced all of that from Heritage mate?
When are you planning on doing this?

23 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

That's going to be a nice rear end ha haa!
You sourced all of that from Heritage mate?
When are you planning on doing this?

Thanks chap - I sourced brackets, heatshield plus rear bumper Iron from classics via VW Heritage - the front splitter iron was only a couple left from a VAG Eastern European seller so grabbed one of the last ones available last year. All bolts and clips are available from classics or main dealer.  If you have headlight washers you can still get the front bumper Iron as its a different part number then standard. . Its been done at the moment also new radiator going in - bonnet and bumpers painted because of stone chips.  I should really start posting my job list of parts on this thread. 

Edited by Keyo

Here are couple of rare bargain items I picked up in the last few months.

Italovolanti 3 spoke steering wheel which appeared on a VAG accessory brochure which your dealer could put on your new car for either the Corrado or MK2 golf 16V - needs some TLC. 

MK2 Votex centre console for additional storage including VDO gauge cluster- I need to buy the gauge trim in RHD direction and switch trim but thankfully someone makes these  Below is a picture of the three gauges I'm thinking of getting - have coolant plus oil temp all ready on MFA - open to suggestions. 

g1.png

g2.jpg

g7.png

g3.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.png

g8.jpg

Edited by Keyo

4 hours ago, fendervg said:

i1-newcarscentulimatecarjar.jpg

Just pop one in the rear ashtray, even better if you have a cup holder there already!

EDIT - on second glance, it's not even a candle - just hang it off the rear view mirror....

Loving that idea 😂

Keyo, I thought you bought a steering wheel earlier this year 😉

3 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Loving that idea 😂

Keyo, I thought you bought a steering wheel earlier this year 😉

I did chap but this one is for the Mk2 not sure Im going to fit it to the Mk2 to be honest as i have a G60 one which is a leather verion of the stock Mk2 wheel - I also have a cunning plan for a Rado wheel - bit of Nardi and Renewart combined  🧐

Fen Ive purchased some of the magic lotion it best work good mate . 

Edited by Keyo

Yes, I did read afterwards in your other thread that the parts were being installed... Bummer for the radiator! Too bad they don't make them anymore...
I like the steering wheel for the MK2, nice one! I did get an Italvolanti Corsa 4 spoke for my car.
Cheers!

2 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Yes, I did read afterwards in your other thread that the parts were being installed... Bummer for the radiator! Too bad they don't make them anymore...
I like the steering wheel for the MK2, nice one! I did get an Italvolanti Corsa 4 spoke for my car.
Cheers!

I like that four spoke steering wheel mate especially the 16V and VW Motorsport version. 

6 minutes ago, MJA said:

Some nice goodies found there. Like the centre console a lot.

Original for sale here- they do come as a complete unit secondhand very occasional for £350.00 . You can get a swg copy but they look horrible plastic and just look wrong IMO. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk2-Golf-Centre-Console-Genuine-Votex-191061135/154231031854?hash=item23e8e2c82e:g:FgcAAOSw27dfzWCi

I used to have one of the Votex consoles in my MkII - the RHD angled gauge holder is very hard to fins - some folks just turn the LHD one upside down or use a flat one. To be honest it makes more sense to mount the gauges in the radio DIN slot for better visibility and to relocate the radio to the Votex. You could also get a 4 CD storage unit that was DIN sized for them.

I ran volt, oil temp and oil pressure, using a twin pole pressure sender and a temp sensor in the sump plug - but the options are endless, if you run a charger it's great to have a boost gauge there as well.

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Original for sale here- they do come as a complete unit secondhand very occasional for £350.00 . You can get a swg copy but they look horrible plastic and just look wrong IMO. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk2-Golf-Centre-Console-Genuine-Votex-191061135/154231031854?hash=item23e8e2c82e:g:FgcAAOSw27dfzWCi

Jeez- I think I paid about 120 euro for one - best not to look on .co.uk but on .de instead.

7 hours ago, fendervg said:

Jeez- I think I paid about 120 euro for one - best not to look on .co.uk but on .de instead.

Normally about 400 euro on German ebay if one comes up- German ebay is not cheap anymore - there seem to be even more rip off merchants over there.  Facebook has a few Eastern European sellers that are the cheapest for rare parts. You didn't give yours away with your Mk2 ? - what happened to that car every Mk2 GTI in Ireland is 10k plus but quite often a good example. 

Edited by Keyo

32 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Normally about 400 euro on German ebay if one comes up- German ebay is not cheap anymore - there seem to be even more rip off merchants over there.  Facebook has a few Eastern European sellers that are the cheapest for rare parts. You didn't give yours away with your Mk2 ? - what happened to that car every Mk2 GTI in Ireland is 10k plus but quite often a good example. 

Scene inflation so - I sold my 8v to some fellow enthusiasts on the Irish VAGE forum round about 2010/11 - it was a nice original Irish dealer big bumper 3 door in Atlas Grey, needed some bodywork and paint, but all the mechanicals and engine stuff had been done by me, including power steering fitted - used to belong to some US Embassy staff.

Thankfully I had the sense to sell the console and gauges separately - but not for much more than I paid for them.

You'll love this: also in my stash at the time was a set of mint Happich rear pop out windows (it was a 3 door), electric heated mirrors, electric window conversion and an a motor and kit to convert the sunroof to electric. They thought Christmas had come early on that forum.....

Treated the Valver to a joint 30th and Xmas present Audioscapes and Bremen Dab headunit. Rewired the Mk2 so it had the same plugs as a Corrado and it is a direct fit. After purchasing a gamma 3 that arrived from Lithuania posted it back as it was not working- thought sod it you know you want the Bremen and it is dab ready if the change over comes- also new not a 30 year old unit that is likely to fail. 

Video link of it fitted in my car. 

https://www.facebook.com/100005223245668/videos/1652324648284961/

blau.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Ooooh - nice. Let us know what it looks like lit up in the dash and how it works out.

Note to self: must change careers to whatever he's doing, would like to have the budget to keep my car running properly. let alone all the shiny goodies! 😉

23 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Ooooh - nice. Let us know what it looks like lit up in the dash and how it works out.

Note to self: must change careers to whatever he's doing, would like to have the budget to keep my car running properly. let alone all the shiny goodies! 😉

Can you not see it in the link above chap have made a video of it. My first observation was its more then a third shorter in deph then a standard unit and lightweight- which is surely a great thing for these delicate centre console trims- it comes with lots of grubbins like dab aerial - very small mic discrete - has locking keys-bluetooth-dab Lets be honest for a double din unit 10 years back they were up and over 1k and now been thrown away as have aged bad- this one will never age really - that was my man maths buying it.  

P.,s 30 year time served advanced scaffolder  and went on to start up a scaffolding business 15 years ago  its a risk V reward industry (bit like a corrado 😃 )

Edited by Keyo

6 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Can you not see it in the link above chap have made a video of it. My first observation was its more then a third shorter in deph then a standard unit and lightweight- which is surely a great thing for these delicate centre console trims- it comes with lots of grubbins like dab aerial - very small mic discrete - has locking keys-bluetooth-dab Lets be honest for a double din unit 10 years back they were up and over 1k and now been thrown away as have aged bad- this one will never age really - that was my man maths buying it. 

See it now - for some reason assumed the link was to the shop selling it. Looks great, you must be chuffed - is the illumination adjustable or controlled by the dash dimmer? I want one now just to have, so I can then buy a car to put it into!