Keyo

Black magic returns home

On 11/8/2020 at 11:41 AM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

good info keyo thanks

& yes i make sure i declare all mods to my insurer, always have - in fact this year i had to ring flux back after i received the paperwork as there were only a few mods listed, when i spoke to their customer services the guy checked & said "ahh yes sir, unfortunately we cant fit all of your mods on the paperwork but they are all listed" PMSL

Ok update on this got my valuation certificate off Lancaster today, Went for 25K as that's what Im into the car with purchase -renovation- rare period factory options and period mods. 

Happy but not over the moon as it wouldn't cover me financially in a total loss - they agreed £20,000  

Would be helpful if folks got their cars valued at a good rate so it became more of the norm . My Insurance cost £320 with agreed value- 2 years NCB and full breakdown in a major city with high premiums. I could of got it as low as £160 but I believe you pay for what you get even when it comes to Insurance, 

corrado valuation.jpg

Edited by Keyo

14 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Ok update on this got my valuation certificate off Lancaster today, Went for 25K as that's what Im into the car with purchase -renovation- rare period factory options and period mods. 

Happy but not over the moon as it wouldn't cover me financially in a total loss - they agreed £20,000  

Would be helpful if folks got their cars valued at a good rate so it became more of the norm . My Insurance cost £320 with agreed value- 2 years NCB and full breakdown in a major city with high premiums. I could of got it as low as £160 but I believe you pay for what you get even when it comes to Insurance, 

corrado valuation.jpg

pity they didnt go for the 25K but 20 is still great m8!!

well done 🙂

1 minute ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

pity they didnt go for the 25K but 20 is still great m8!!

well done 🙂

Yes mate cant complain Im happy with it to be honest as they could of come back with a lot less figure - they always wait 21 days intill you get the valuation back (no dealt because after cooling off period so you would get cancellation fees. )

Edited by Keyo

9 hours ago, Keyo said:

corrado valuation.jpg

Just to highlight the stupidity of insurance, 12 months ago I had a quote from Lancaster for a Volvo 940 estate (one owner who was going into a dementia home with his wife) valued at £1K with an annual mileage of 4K, their quote - £1200 on a classic policy

9 hours ago, Dox said:

Just to highlight the stupidity of insurance, 12 months ago I had a quote from Lancaster for a Volvo 940 estate (one owner who was going into a dementia home with his wife) valued at £1K with an annual mileage of 4K, their quote - £1200 on a classic policy

Wow that is a joke - I suppose its down to what underwriters they have on their system been brokers. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Wow that is a joke - I suppose its down to what underwriters they have on their system been brokers. 

To put it into context, I could insure my MK7 Golf estate, 2004 BAM TT and my Corrado VR6 with Brentacre for around the same price (all 3), ie I'm not a high risk and don't live I a high risk area.

Looks like fun and sounds lovely - a private road of course 😉

Never drove a 16v Mk2, but had an 8v PB for many years and loved it to bits - great cars and closer to the GTI ideal than today's lumps of lard. The interior design is a bit spartan though compared to the later Corrado - I always felt I was going at least 10 years back in time when stepping into the Mk3 rather than the 3 it was in reality!

Love it Keyo! 

Next year I hope to make progress on my 8v GTI, shame it won't rev out as much as the 16v but should be good enough for me. I liked the colour of it.

Plan to put Newman 268 cams in mine 

Get one whilst you can wont be long they will be up to to Mk1 GTI prices - yes private road on my Great uncle Barnicales in the Highlands of Scotland ha.  

Golf 16v.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone on here from Manchester that can collect some door cards pods for my Mk2 golf - seller wont ACCEPT PAYPAL.  

Will cover costs and give you a bung would have to post to Brum.  M44 post code. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Keyo

Just spotted this on facebook- seems reasonable money for a rare edition . Maybe one for James Campaign to have a pair. Dox I think you like a Campaign ?

Campaign spec from factory. 

1988. E regsitration only.

Helios Blue, Oak Green & Metallic Black
Leather rimmed steering wheel
Rainbow seats
16v Half tint lights
14" Le Castellet wheels
8v & 16v version

Looks a great buy to me at £2950 pending cat free of course, 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/205513497837582/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Edited by Keyo

I hate seeing this. 

Can still get these from classics or Heritage new for £65.00 

ON ebay for x5 cost off a greedy seller. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Grill-3-Slat-NOS/254801380636?hash=item3b5358851c:g:iYEAAOSwvi5fzpGI

Someone is bidding on these you can still buy them from the dealers for £65.00 - upto £99.00 all ready with 6 days left. Purchased a set last year. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-RHD-GENUINE-4-piece-black-carpet-mat-set-with-emblem-863VAG1418BJ-NOS/174555033334?hash=item28a44a6ef6:g:pWAAAOSwUAdf02W-

Picture is just illustration part number is correct. 

https://store.inchcape.co.uk/collections/volkswagen-floor-mats/products/vw-carpet-mat-set-863vag1418bj

Edited by Keyo

Me too.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/kuhlergrill-7b36ab.html

I suppose you could argue that the one on ebay is NOS whereas the Classics one is a reproduction by the original supplier - I for one would not be paying extra for the difference, and how would you know that one didn't come from Classic Parts either.? Standard Corrado rip-off scene tax IMHO.

17 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Me too.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/kuhlergrill-7b36ab.html

I suppose you could argue that the one on ebay is NOS whereas the Classics one is a reproduction by the original supplier - I for one would not be paying extra for the difference, and how would you know that one didn't come from Classic Parts either.? Standard Corrado rip-off scene tax IMHO.

Fen the ripoff NOS is 100 percent  a Heritage genuine reproduction one you can tell by the label on the packaging- that seller is on moondust.   I suppose this time of  the year they can catch out family members of Corrado owners buying them Xmas presents for their cars. 

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

Fen the ripoff NOS is 100 percent  a Heritage genuine reproduction one you can tell by the label on the packaging- that seller is on moondust.   

Haha - didn't spot that on the label - suspicions confirmed! We should just post the link to classics as a question on the item.

Just now, fendervg said:

Haha - didn't spot that on the label - suspicions confirmed! We should just post the link to classics as a question on the item.

Yeah mate some mug could buy that. 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:59 PM, Keyo said:

Just spotted this on facebook- seems reasonable money for a rare edition . Maybe one for James Campaign to have a pair. Dox I think you like a Campaign ?

Campaign spec from factory. 

1988. E regsitration only.

Helios Blue, Oak Green & Metallic Black
Leather rimmed steering wheel
Rainbow seats
16v Half tint lights
14" Le Castellet wheels
8v & 16v version

Looks a great buy to me at £2950 pending cat free of course, 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/205513497837582/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

That would.be a nice little project. Hmmm..

12 minutes ago, Cressa said:

That would.be a nice little project. Hmmm..

Make a great summer daily thats for sure. My MK2 16V drinks less then my Mk7 gti did absolute fact- 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Yeah mate some mug could buy that. 

The trouble is, some people just don't do research or ask on forums/Facebook, so assume they're NLA and will pay good money for things. Seen it a million times, and sometimes it's the same with sellers, especially if they've been NLA in the past and have been reproduced (like the grille actually) so reduce the price accordingly when pointed out. Some though are just opportunist thieves imo, like this guy.

Edited by seanl82

Just now, seanl82 said:

The trouble is, some people just don't do research or ask on forums/Facebook, so assume they're NLA and will pay good money for things. Seen it a million times, and sometimes it's the same with sellers, especially if they've been NLA in the past and have been reproduced (like the grille actually) - some some are just opportunist thieves imo, like this guy.

Too true. 

Finally these parts are getting fitted- the only things I couldn't buy new was one front bracket and also the front bumper Iron. Had to fabricate a new panel to fit- where I have circled is where they always get a big rust hole as the metal is wafer fin (the section is just spot welded from factory) - front bumper iron and bracket have gone in for powder coating- the rear heatshield and front splitter are new but I got them powder coated last year for extra protection because come out the factory untreated . 

I could get all new bolts and clips bar the splitter iron bolts however they are available in a weeks time from Heritage 👍

Rear bumper Iron is available from classics - I would buy one if you dont have one spare whislt you can- cant beat factory fresh new parts. £65.00 posted from classics via Heritage. 

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/n90433801-bolt-for-front-splitter-fitting-corrado-89-95.html

ab.jpg

abc.jpg

Edited by Keyo