Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

It was 16v and VR6 IIRC. I've seen them in a UK car, but can't be sure if they were from UK release cars or were sourced elsewhere. The car was black, but again not entirely sure if they came in specific colours..... Sorry!

It was 16v and VR6 IIRC. I've seen them in a UK car, but can't be sure if they were from UK release cars or were sourced elsewhere. The car was black, but again not entirely sure if they came in specific colours..... Sorry!

Thanks that would be a very nice car indeed in either guises.

From what I can see it was like the colour concept leather two tone and matched the body colour. Had matching surround trim on carpets and seat belts, half chrome golf ball gear knob well above its time . It's like a EU good taste version of the Anniversary we got in the UK.

Red

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnzKJOJOlYClM0UVHgMuabfnZH-X0lT9eyNLziHUP7KKugrdWRoA&s

Green

https://live.staticflickr.com/5496/9323112607_872c661c17_b.jpg

Yellow

https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GLX3.jpg

Blue

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5697/30517221095_7622087077_b.jpg

I'm sure there will be other colors about.

Edited by Keyo

i am 99.99% the gti editions were for the rest of europe as for the gti anniversary they all came with the same chequed interior

as the for the colour concepts we only got the dull 8 valve the rest of europe got 8 valve, 16 valve. vr6 and vr6 syncro

Thanks Geri it’s a shame they didn’t sell the edition and also the vr6 synchro as I’m sure they would of sold well over here . For me the anniversary interior just kills it .

I bought a 96 VR6 in 99 after owning a tight handling MK2 8V, awful car to drive on a road with a bend in it. Fitted Koni and Eibachs and it was still poor. I've also owned a MK3 TDi estate with a weitec kitand G60 brakes on it and it could take a bend quite well - a combination of the diesel engine leaning back towards the bulkhead (opposed to the VR6 leaning forwards towards the rad pack) and the extra weight behind the rear axle helped I think.

MK3s rust badly too, MK4s are built much better IMO

I bought a 96 VR6 in 99 after owning a tight handling MK2 8V, awful car to drive on a road with a bend in it. Fitted Koni and Eibachs and it was still poor. I've also owned a MK3 TDi estate with a weitec kitand G60 brakes on it and it could take a bend quite well - a combination of the diesel engine leaning back towards the bulkhead (opposed to the VR6 leaning forwards towards the rad pack) and the extra weight behind the rear axle helped I think.

MK3s rust badly too, MK4s are built much better IMO

Yeah I have read the metal quality VW sourced after the MK2 golf was a lot less better quality, makes sense as lets be honest the Rado suffer from rust quite badly as well, my Mk2 golf is 5 years older and had a shed load of owners and the body work underneath has done better then the Rado to be fair.

Late Mk3's suffered the worse. Early ones more on par with the mk2. They are terrible cars though compared to the mk2, mk4 is even worse.

Definitely rose tints where that car is concerned. I don't miss mine at all. The ED30 is way, way more capable and a lot faster when remapped. I don't care about engine noise personally, I'm just interested in grip and speed. I would say a mint ED30 would hold it's value more than a MK4 R32. The MK5 R32 drives a lot better and has a better engine, but looked incredibly dull with it's Jetta front end.

I had a shot my friends Mk4 at the weekend, first one Ive driven. The Ed30 would leave it for dead on a good road, far more competent for sure. Certainly a totally different experience. Maybe I need to try a Mk5. I just miss the V6 noise and the a 5dr Mk5 ticks a lot more boxes for me. I am in discussions with someone on a swap for a Mk4 but with cash on top. Not so sure now.

If you can stretch it would go for a mk7 gti with performance pack , **** off a shovel and stick to the road like glue , stunning interior as well .

You have a vr6 rado for the growl? I've put the idea to rest to be honest getting an r32 as too many classics are a bit stressful with storage and costs.

Edited by Keyo

I don't have a Vr6. Mk7 is far too new, Im only looking at around £5-6k budget. TBH if I had the money for a Mk7 Gti I wouldn't be buying a Golf anyway.

Ok mate Ive had Mustangs, V8 Quattros and flat six Porsche's and the Golf Mk7 is one of the best all round performance cars I have ever owned, I dealt my old Mustang would keep up with her on the B roads. Cracking car. I was going to get the R but just the extra weight the GTI just flys down the lanes. What sort of R32 was you hoping to get with 6k would of been a bit of a shed a thet price. you need to spend at least 8k for a half decent one and more like the 10k- 14k mark, prices on these have gone up in recent times. 6k would be a bit of a project car I imagine if that is what your after?

Credit to VW I know a lot of of folks touting it the best looking golf since the MK2 golf and I totally agree although MK2 golf big bumper is still my fav Golf by a long shot.

Edited by Keyo

Got a massive itch for one of these they have just aged so well and have really cool BBS options and cool retro Hella round lights and spots, also totally cool interior with class door cards and dash etc. Parts seem to be cheaper then the rip off VW classic scene as well.

Stock model. Beautiful car IMO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-BMW-318iS-E30/254417988803?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Cool man in the shed build (nice engine swap and colour with rare parts fitted)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-e30-325i-REDUCED-LAST-CHANCE-NO-OFFERS/223755684827?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Edited by Keyo

Got a massive itch for one of these they have just aged so well and have really cool BBS options and cool retro Hella round lights and spots, also totally cool interior with class door cards and dash etc. Parts seem to be cheaper then the rip off VW classic scene as well.

Stock model. Beautiful car IMO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-BMW-318iS-E30/254417988803?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Cool man in the shed build (nice engine swap and colour with rare parts fitted)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-e30-325i-REDUCED-LAST-CHANCE-NO-OFFERS/223755684827?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Yeah, they are lovely cars, but getting pricey now. I just can't afford another dependant, seeing as the VR6 has nearly bled me dry!

Could still be tempted by a nice W124 estate, maybe a 280/320 or a 300 diesel - at least Merc and BMW try their best with parts availability for their classic cars, unlike some......

Yeah, they are lovely cars, but getting pricey now. I just can't afford another dependant, seeing as the VR6 has nearly bled me dry!

Could still be tempted by a nice W124 estate, maybe a 280/320 or a 300 diesel - at least Merc and BMW try their best with parts availability for their classic cars, unlike some......

I know of a 190e 2.3 cosworth sitting right there pilling on the dust if anyone wants a project.

10 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I spotted that on his drive a couple of days ago, it’s just around the corner from my house! 8 grand’s a few mortgage payments though so I’ll have to pass!

Sure 8k is a fair bit of money but how much would it cost to get it up to that ? Has had Stealth do the work so should be A1 engineering on it which is a huge bonus. Running similar setup to Seans by the look of the power output figures. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Sure 8k is a fair bit of money but how much would it cost to get it up to that ? Has had Stealth do the work so should be A1 engineering on it which is a huge bonus. Running similar setup to Seans by the look of the power output figures. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s worth every penny, I’ve long thought we undervalue our cars. I try to think of reasons to justify buying another one but unless I match six numbers tonight it’s highly unlikely! It sounds like a fantastic motor for somebody.

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s worth every penny, I’ve long thought we undervalue our cars. I try to think of reasons to justify buying another one but unless I match six numbers tonight it’s highly unlikely! It sounds like a fantastic motor for somebody.

Heee he you are talking yourself into it. 

The last seller got it for £6500 looking at the link  Dox posted or maybe even cheaper,  If I was looking at it I would be  so what  have you done to the car in the last couple of years, also bubbling on arches so would be having a thorough inspection there. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Heee he you are talking yourself into it. 

The last seller got it for £6500 looking at the l,ink the Dox posted or maybe even cheaper so If I was looking at it I would be like so what have have you done to the car in the last couple of years, also bubbling on arches so would be having a thorough inspection there. 

Nope, can’t happen!

Four pages full of corrado on the classifieds in Germany. 

Fair few with recaro seats and G60  oetttinger- also a rare Irish Green with Recaro. 

Seen a couple for less then 4000 euro with recaro seats. 

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&pageNumber=5&scopeId=C&sfmr=false

Edited by Keyo