n3p

Past show memories (pic heavy)

Sold them for 2.5 k

That was the asking price

Don’t regret selling them, enjoyed them for a few years,

They were a bit of a pain at times having to be ultra careful when driving on our potholed roads and also

Worrying if the centre caps would get stolen

Yeah I can totally understand that, it could even attract thieves to steal your car for them as well, Must admit Im half soaked about getting some and I think the BBS RA stock on the golf look really great and very unique compared to today's alloys so will probably leave stock.

I also had some BBS rx504 in 17in , shown in a couple of the pics

I really liked those too and would possibly have some again if some came up for grabs

Hard to find now though

But then again just keeping things standard ish seems more sensible nowadays

Sure stock speedlines are great I have some refurbished in the garage under a blanket , I've not long managed to source some BBS RX226 which are loveleyyyy and took me just over a year to source, also have a set of the split rim version BBS RS771 which are at present on the car.

48979195711_f22cf151bd_o.jpg

Think that's me up in the top left, sat next to my old VR which I sold about three years ago now. Currently own a 1999 BMW 5 Series 523i Saloon and a 2008 BMW 5 Series 520d Touring.. Corrado is gone but not forgotten, same for a lot of the friends I made through this excellent forum and the CCGB.

Shortly after everyone had gone, those of us camping were given permission to take the Corrado’s down the runway!

I managed to invite myself along to a closed event at Bruntingthorpe quite a few years ago now, for the old DubForce.Net forum back when I owned my slightly tuned G60. It'll be a forever memory, going flat out (foot firmly to the floor) down the runway with Darren from G-Werks in another Corrado alongside me, also flat out in a straight line race.. I remember glancing over 130MPH and just thinking how effing cool this was :)

Some of the best memories and times of my life happened through this club, these cars, and the people I met through it.

I've got pictures from old events still.. I'll look to upload some :)

How about this from the CCGB National Day back in August 2003....

7atBkqJ.jpg

Me, 2cc, CazzaVR, ?, Supercharged, banana_man, ?

I actually have some photos by Chris Gaskell from some shows in the late 90’s!

Shortly after everyone had gone, those of us camping were given permission to take the Corrado’s down the runway!

Yeah, still feel a bit guilty about your indicator lens Chris, sorry!

Yeah, still feel a bit guilty about your indicator lens Chris, sorry!

Its Ok, gave me an excuse to buy new ones.

Looking forward to the next CCGB national day now I have another Corrado!

I actually have some photos by Chris Gaskell from some shows in the late 90’s!

Post them up Chris!

How about this from the CCGB National Day back in August 2003....

7atBkqJ.jpg

Me, 2cc, CazzaVR, ?, Supercharged, banana_man, ?

Hey up Jim, that was a cracking day!

Edited by CazzaVR

Sure stock speedlines are great I have some refurbished in the garage under a blanket , I've not long managed to source some BBS RX226 which are loveleyyyy and took me just over a year to source, also have a set of the split rim version BBS RS771 which are at present on the car.

Hi are the BBS RX226 5x100 or 5x112?

5x100 , only thing is they rarely come up for sale . RS771 the split version are very easy to get hold of . There are other Rx2 from different models such as Vauxhall’s and Volvo but have different stud pattern and ET.

Edited by Keyo

Probably a mk3 Golf but not sure to be honest, might of been an aftermarket alloy as they are rare .

I like both the BBS RX226 and the 771. I'm just not sure they'd look right on my white car and can't find pictures. They seem to look great (in silver) on all other shades but need to be a different shade for it to work on white. I'm not a fan of black/dark shades. Thoughts appreciated haha

I like both the BBS RX226 and the 771. I'm just not sure they'd look right on my white car and can't find pictures. They seem to look great (in silver) on all other shades but need to be a different shade for it to work on white. I'm not a fan of black/dark shades. Thoughts appreciated haha

A shame your not local mate you could of popped round mine and tried an RS771 and Rx226 to see if they looked correct, at a guess I would say they would !

BBS Rs GT look the bomb on a white Rado.

Same sort of style in the RX/RS range look good !

Edited by Keyo

BBS is such a quality wheel. I'd only go to 16in. And yeah it is a shame we are not closer in the country!

Some great pictures there. Really like the twin exhaust on the G60. I’ve been wanting to do something like that on my VR for years.

Hi are the BBS RX226 5x100 or 5x112?

Stuart have you considered these ? They only need spigots as the bore is different and are a modern take on the RZ but 5 stud. Spigots and bolts come with the wheels free.

Ronal is a German quality brand not cheapo chinese crap, they also own speedline. £550 a set delivered which is great value for a OE manufacturer.

I really want to see what they look like on a Rado. You can change the black Ronal centre caps to VW or BBS.

https://www.performancealloys.com/ronal-lsx-silver-polished

Those pictures are super nice! It's nice to see so many Corrado side by side.

What are those wheels on the N333PPP car?

Very inspiring! Cheers

Looks similar to a bbs Rx226 it I can see writing on the alloy which rx226 do not have . they look great !

Looks similar to a bbs Rx226 it I can see writing on the alloy which rx226 do not have . they look great !

Thanks mate! Yes I do like the 226 a lot but I too wasn't sure about the writing... They look a lot like it for sure! Cheers