Ostkakan

VR6 Timingchain replacement

Hello everyone!

Im kinda new here. I just made my timingchain on my Corrado i have owned it for soon 7 years :)

Gonna share a small video off the change. thx for a great site!

Really good clip and good to see how it can be done by just removing the gearbox as opposed to taking the engine out

Your video is nicely done, good job!

That's something I'm going to do this winter so all info is appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks guys!

@ABV-VR6 Sorry for late reply, Have you start your rebuild? I bought all my stuff from ARZ-tuning.de

*AZ9800059VD This kit comes with Transmission Drive Flange Seal(Shaft seal)need to be replace.

*AZ11261 Clutch Slave Cylinder, I changed it only 30Euro.

*3000384001 SACHS Clutch Kit, depends on drive style, But always nice with new stuff :)

*AZNL01 Camshaft Alignment Tool, Good one if you dont have it.

*N90539801 Flywheel Stretch Bolt Kit, Need to replace.

*243 or 2701 Loctite for bolts.

*Liquid Gasket I used Plastic Padding Gasket 375, It is for 021103173E Sealing flange

There was some small info,Remember when you set timing with new chain rotate the engine, I made 4 full turns that is 2 cycle.

Link for Corrado Bentley manual for torque specs. Thanks for James for the copy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/di5rglhkd3s2qj2/Volkswagen%20Corrado%20-%20Bentley%20-%20Factory%20Repair%20Manual%201990-1994.pdf?dl=0

Thanks guys!

@ABV-VR6 Sorry for late reply, Have you start your rebuild? I bought all my stuff from ARZ-tuning.de

*AZ9800059VD This kit comes with Transmission Drive Flange Seal(Shaft seal)need to be replace.

*AZ11261 Clutch Slave Cylinder, I changed it only 30Euro.

*3000384001 SACHS Clutch Kit, depends on drive style, But always nice with new stuff :)

*AZNL01 Camshaft Alignment Tool, Good one if you dont have it.

*N90539801 Flywheel Stretch Bolt Kit, Need to replace.

*243 or 2701 Loctite for bolts.

*Liquid Gasket I used Plastic Padding Gasket 375, It is for 021103173E Sealing flange

There was some small info,Remember when you set timing with new chain rotate the engine, I made 4 full turns that is 2 cycle.

Link for Corrado Bentley manual for torque specs. Thanks for James for the copy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/di5rglhkd3s2qj2/Volkswagen%20Corrado%20-%20Bentley%20-%20Factory%20Repair%20Manual%201990-1994.pdf?dl=0

No worries!

No, I haven't started yet, early March I'm aiming for! But I want to get the engine out so I can get a good cleanup of the engine bay. Then I will proceed to replace many parts and some powder coating while I'm there...

Thanks for all the info and your video, very nice and informative!

Cheers!