Cressa

Top tip of the Day

My ignition lock was ridiculously stiff in trying to turn it. I was thinking I would have to replace it!!!  So I sprayed it with some vw lock lube i had and the result was instant. A smooth turning lock

Cost to me = Nothing

Smile on my face, priceless 😁

That does not happen often with a Corrado

15865110279725502349264067643859.jpg

You’ve got to love a free easy fix. There often a lot more to it than a quick squirt will resolve. 

If in doubt, lube it!

I picked up a litte bottle of VW lock spray a few years back - looks like a small trave deodorant or sanitiser - always make sure to do them before the Mr Frost arrives.

11 minutes ago, dragon green said:

Once you’ve done your locks before Mr.Frost arrives,
Then do all your opening seals with this
502442cb7a8121c8f5429f6a66d37384.jpg

I've got the same stuff and even use it on my window and door seals in the house. Brilliant product

Good for around the sunroof seal too. Stops it sticking to the opening when not In use over winter and makes all rubber stuff look quite new again if applied in time. 

Im getting some of this stuff, didnt no it even existed, is it ok to spray it into the ignition barrel, as mine sometimes sticks and cant even turn the wheel lock, well annoying. 

2 hours ago, dragon green said:

Once you’ve done your locks before Mr.Frost arrives,
Then do all your opening seals with this
502442cb7a8121c8f5429f6a66d37384.jpg

How does this help your seals, stops things stick to the rubber ? Does it also treat the rubber and back to black? Cheers. 

It doesn’t turn them black, but what it does do,when you get a hard frost,your doors won’t be frozen shut !
Even when it rains and freezes, you can still get in your car,

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im getting some of this stuff, didnt no it even existed, is it ok to spray it into the ignition barrel, as mine sometimes sticks and cant even turn the wheel lock, well annoying. 

Mine was like yours. Seems to be fine as the electrics are on a separate lower part that this just turns. Fantastic cure for me.

And gummi pflege is just the stuff that miracles are made of. You dont know how,  but it just does 😄

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

How does this help your seals, stops things stick to the rubber ? Does it also treat the rubber and back to black? Cheers. 

It seems to rejuvenate old rubber if not too far gone and makes it easier to clean so black shite stops coming off it. Miracle stuff Keyo

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Could be worse, could be Ham & Cheese....🤐

Now that is a blast from the past!