1xshaunx1

My money pit

Haha don’t panic

I’ve not touched it since I got it back from the sprayshop over 12 months ago. I’ve been waiting for the paint and carbon in the bonnet to fully cure. Over the spring and summer the carbon weave came through and made it look a bit dull 
What you see there is the results of mild flattering with 1500 and 2000 grit. 
Then I moved into buffing mode. 
It’s a scary mind numbing process but the rewards speak for themselves. 
1st stage at the 1/2 way point or there about a.  9318CA44-CA0A-4356-A60A-5FB3211E987E.thumb.jpeg.eb8d67884463efe6efaea2361ab84ad8.jpeg

45 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’ve had a busy couple of days 74951E95-E1DD-45E4-8962-F253F7E40700.thumb.jpeg.f772bc050c5f4f45d0574d8ad9a826b9.jpeg8359C139-BC41-422C-B62E-2D6CC22977A9.thumb.jpeg.e41be21e456dc4dc537ea61481f779dd.jpeg

Jesus that looks a scary job lol I know I would shag that up myself. 

Vince uses them sparks all the time they are audi TT ones and they have to be the Bosch ones- he hates NGK says he has seen too many misfires with them and poor quality. 

that looks stupendous!  Need some sunglasses to look at it.  Absolute credit to your efforts Shaun.

Holy cow mate! At first I wondered what happened, though something fell off on it and you had to get it redone 🤔😆😁. The result is absolutely stunning! You do have steel balls 🤣. I know a guy here who did that to his entire Corrado, glossies gloss ever just like yours! Good work! 

Bought some fuel lines from Latvia off of EBay, from oe245, seem to have gone up over $14 since mind. 
They are the rubber ones on the side of the head going to the fuel rail, the ones I ordered were listed for a Passat but they are identical to the ones that were taken off of my car. 

OE Part numbers

021 133 988 J

021 133 990 J

20 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Bought some fuel lines from Latvia off of EBay, from oe245, seem to have gone up over $14 since mind. 
They are the rubber ones on the side of the head going to the fuel rail, the ones I ordered were listed for a Passat but they are identical to the ones that were taken off of my car. 

OE Part numbers

021 133 988 J

021 133 990 J

Yes I’ve seen this in the past so they are a direct fit - any differences ? 

you might get a tax and import duty  off that seller now I don’t use them anymore as got stung  a few weeks later after delivery ,  heritage free postage over £70 and only normal vat no duty or customs processing fee . 

Edited by Keyo

I can’t see any difference 

it’s funny you mention getting stung

i got stung off ups when I got some stuff delivered from classics way before Christmas, I’ve had a couple of things from this seller with no problems at all. I think they’ve all probably got their act together now

Wow, that's a super shine. Can you see the carbon weave through the blue, that'd look smart? Or was it where the resin had continued to shrink so you just had the texture of the weave?

Possibly a bit late now as you've bought them, but if you were after some fancier looking fuel lines, Hel can cut you a length of their braided fuel hose with fittings. They can't preform them into a shape, but they are flexible enough to fit into the clips perfectly, and looks pretty smart.

1 minute ago, oneohtwo said:

Wow, that's a super shine. Can you see the carbon weave through the blue, that'd look smart? Or was it where the resin had continued to shrink so you just had the texture of the weave?

Possibly a bit late now as you've bought them, but if you were after some fancier looking fuel lines, Hel can cut you a length of their braided fuel hose with fittings. They can't preform them into a shape, but they are flexible enough to fit into the clips perfectly, and looks pretty smart.

Cheers 

The resin and paint had shrunk so you could see the weave, which made it look a bit dull and odd. Too late for the lines, I’m happy with the new oe ones but thanks anyway, it might help others. 

Shaun’s world has taken a spin in the wrong direction again. 

So this weekend I carried on making the car pretty. Gave it a good wash and after having 2 new pilot sport 4’s put on the front wheels, I gave the wheels a good buff and platinum wheels ceramic coating before refitting. 
Sunday afternoon me and my mate went somewhere deserted to test the decibel levels of our cars for possible track use. You’ve got to laugh. 
All went well up until the 2 mile drive home. 
A combination of the new sticky tyres, more boost than should have been present and a way too heavy right foot. The inevitable, I’ve stripped/broken third gear and my gear box sounds like a cement mixer with bricks in it, ffs. So now I have a really pretty car that’s proper goosed again.Double FFS. 
At least I took a couple of photos while it was out for an hour. Be nice not to have to take the front end off again but at least I have another box but not with a Quaif lsd. I wonder if the LSD is goosed now too though  70981C2E-6079-4911-99A3-EDD6AAFD7F4B.thumb.jpeg.51d87e01a9151e1dc32e56018f53918d.jpeg71F8C8DC-02A5-437B-BA5E-5F778CCFC1CD.thumb.jpeg.a1688280b33265cf7d4a1898d70a5330.jpeg

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Shaun’s world has taken a spin in the wrong direction again. 

So this weekend I carried on making the car pretty. Gave it a good wash and after having 2 new pilot sport 4’s put on the front wheels, I gave the wheels a good buff and platinum wheels ceramic coating before refitting. 
Sunday afternoon me and my mate went somewhere deserted to test the decibel levels of our cars for possible track use. You’ve got to laugh. 
All went well up until the 2 mile drive home. 
A combination of the new sticky tyres, more boost than should have been present and a way too heavy right foot. The inevitable, I’ve stripped/broken third gear and my gear box sounds like a cement mixer with bricks in it, ffs. So now I have a really pretty car that’s proper goosed again.Double FFS. 
At least I took a couple of photos while it was out for an hour. Be nice not to have to take the front end off again but at least I have another box but not with a Quaif lsd. I wonder if the LSD is goosed now too though  70981C2E-6079-4911-99A3-EDD6AAFD7F4B.thumb.jpeg.51d87e01a9151e1dc32e56018f53918d.jpeg71F8C8DC-02A5-437B-BA5E-5F778CCFC1CD.thumb.jpeg.a1688280b33265cf7d4a1898d70a5330.jpeg

Car looks nice - sorry about your misfortune- I have an o2A Mk3 TDI box sitting in my yard under cover - code is  CTN - let me know if this is an interest to you - I think they have a good rep for high torque but never done much research about it but I believe they use them on high power conversions. 

14 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Car looks nice - sorry about your misfortune- I have an o2A Mk3 TDI box sitting in my yard under cover - code is  CTN - let me know if this is an interest to you - I think they have a good rep for high torque but never done much research about it but I believe they use them on high power conversions. 

VR bellhousing is different to 4 cylinder. CTN should get your G60 to 60MPH in second gear (saving a gear change over standard)?

19 minutes ago, Dox said:

VR bellhousing is different to 4 cylinder. CTN should get your G60 to 60MPH in second gear (saving a gear change over standard)?

I’m not entirely sure but it’s good to have a spare 4 cylinder O2a- it’s seems have a different looking shift tower like a hockey stick . 

59FF664B-E6A5-449E-9EA8-BD418B6250BA.jpeg

4FB33D15-B347-449E-A0AE-87944569421C.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

53 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I’m not entirely sure but it’s good to have a spare 4 cylinder O2a- it’s seems have a different looking shift tower like a hockey stick . 

59FF664B-E6A5-449E-9EA8-BD418B6250BA.jpeg

4FB33D15-B347-449E-A0AE-87944569421C.jpeg

G60 owners will advise you better, I'm sure that's the box big power G60 owners fit to get ultimate 0-60 time? You don't need a change to 3rd to get to 60?

17 minutes ago, Dox said:

G60 owners will advise you better, I'm sure that's the box big power G60 owners fit to get ultimate 0-60 time? You don't need a change to 3rd to get to 60?

Yes I’m pretty sure you need 3rd for 60 in the G60 - I suppose it’s how the other gears behave in the cht- I know my Mk2 gets to 60 in second . 

Oh mate, I'm sorry to read this, what a huge bummer... There's always something isn't? 

What transmission code is in there right now? I have a good source here for gears, pretty sure I could find you a replacement 3rd, just need the code of your transmission. CCM? I think UK didn't get same has NA right?

If it was me... If the LSD is not shot then I would replace the 3rd gear and lower the boost. But if the LSD is shot I would absolutely upgrade to a 02M 6 speeds transmission. They are the best most bullet proof transmission with 2 R&P the latest being 3.94... The 02A is getting maxed out when going turbo and it's just a mater of time unfortunately. There's a company here who sells an integration kit to install a 02M that makes the transition to a 02M without headache... Not that expensive, proven and super solid. 

Then again, just like what I said when I started this reply, there's always something... The next thing you'll find out after your transmission is solid enough to hold your boost its the axles that will shear... I see that often here one last week again actually... 3.2/3.6 or 2.9 turbo... You need custom made axles solid enough and that's where it's getting a little more expensive. 

Cheers JF 

https://www.fablessmanufacturing.com/products/vr6-02m-complete-mount-kit-vw-corrado?_pos=6&_sid=eaaf42d68&_ss=r&variant=39886318731361

51 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Oh mate, I'm sorry to read this, what a huge bummer... There's always something isn't? 

What transmission code is in there right now? I have a good source here for gears, pretty sure I could find you a replacement 3rd, just need the code of your transmission. CCM? I think UK didn't get same has NA right?

If it was me... If the LSD is not shot then I would replace the 3rd gear and lower the boost. But if the LSD is shot I would absolutely upgrade to a 02M 6 speeds transmission. They are the best most bullet proof transmission with 2 R&P the latest being 3.94... The 02A is getting maxed out when going turbo and it's just a mater of time unfortunately. There's a company here who sells an integration kit to install a 02M that makes the transition to a 02M without headache... Not that expensive, proven and super solid. 

Then again, just like what I said when I started this reply, there's always something... The next thing you'll find out after your transmission is solid enough to hold your boost its the axles that will shear... I see that often here one last week again actually... 3.2/3.6 or 2.9 turbo... You need custom made axles solid enough and that's where it's getting a little more expensive. 

Cheers JF 

https://www.fablessmanufacturing.com/products/vr6-02m-complete-mount-kit-vw-corrado?_pos=6&_sid=eaaf42d68&_ss=r&variant=39886318731361

How easy is the O2M swop JF?  Are there any major hurdles to doing this?

thanks

Hasan

Not from what I've heard but I never did it. With the integration kit, it goes bolt on. You need transmission and axle and 02J shifter conversion I think. Only downside of that bullet proof transmission is that it's heavy... 

So I got my spare gearbox fitted a couple of weeks ago but was done in by the slave clutch cylinder pipe. It was goosed, the rubber had started perishing a long time ago by the looks. Do bought a new TRW slave cylinder and ordered a HEL master to slave line off of EBay. Both wrong, one with bangs and the other with 10 and 12 mm fittings.

Totally fed up with EBay thought I’d try a local supplier. Jackpot, dropped on or found a firm called

Carlton Hydraulics in Rotherham. After 10 mins of showing him what was removed from the car I had the pipe with the correct fittings that had been pressure tested. 
I also had it fitted on the car in about the same time once home as it took to make, excellent. 
93DB1A43-4F43-42EA-B429-18C30200D472.thumb.jpeg.10bd68437db6b6045218c3f4834af107.jpeg
it fits where it should and doesn’t leak. About £40. 
If anybody else is wanting to replace the slave feed they are the ones to contact. 54E42558-7AA6-4B3F-901C-0A6AD255E75E.thumb.jpeg.5ea53138300f26c0bc7e2f0000e46e5e.jpeg

Great find on the hose and even better to find an engineering firms who can knock something up. Can be real hassle finding parts and I hadn't even thought such a thing existed on the car so something for my list to replace.