Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

The switch slots in to the heater panel above it on a LHD. Maybe one day I will do it try again to do it

20201025_212126.jpg

20201025_211514.jpg

1 minute ago, Cressa said:

The switch slots in to the heater panel above it on a LHD. Maybe one day I will do it try again to do it

20201025_212126.jpg

20201025_211514.jpg

Cool mate where did you get that lighter trim panel from that must be well hard to get hold of. 

Ya, that's how our cars came equipped from factory here in NA. Those two buttons, they do just attach (slides in and clip) to the heater panel. I deleted the A/C on my car and for me one of the challenge was to find a lighter trim without the holes which I did manage to find. Those two buttons for the A/C are still available new online. I sold all of the A/C setup except for the lighter trim of someone is interested in it let me know! Cheers 

A very sad looking windscreen less Corrado,  awaiting  painting and sealing. 

2nd time lucky for this windscreen. 

20201105_123251.jpg

36 minutes ago, Cressa said:

A very sad looking windscreen less Corrado,  awaiting  painting and sealing. 

2nd time lucky for this windscreen. 

20201105_123251.jpg

Was it you I saw had a rattle from the screen then a crack appeared?

Not great to have it out after all your work

16 hours ago, GrahamU said:

Was it you I saw had a rattle from the screen then a crack appeared?

Not great to have it out after all your work

No that was me! We've both had bad luck with our screens. In my case the fitter said he'd put a rubber block at the point it cracked so luckily for me he's fitting me a new one for free but I still have the same hassle as making sure my paint is repaired before the new one goes in (as i've had a full repaint too!)

On 11/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, MJA said:

No that was me! We've both had bad luck with our screens. In my case the fitter said he'd put a rubber block at the point it cracked so luckily for me he's fitting me a new one for free but I still have the same hassle as making sure my paint is repaired before the new one goes in (as i've had a full repaint too!)

We have definitely had bad fortune with our Windscreens.  Look to the future 😇

Haha yes! Mine was re done yesterday. He got it out without damage and although it rained heavy last night it did not leak.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Took her out for a spin today over I  the Peak District. Slippy day so I kept it sensible.

I cant help but enjoy driving her, so she has to get dirty for me 😇😂

I did think about wrapping her up over the Winter, but as I have waited so long to drive her.... she needs to keep me interested.  

Plus it reminds me of the little jobs that i need to do for her

So, as I have a set of 15" Speedlines vs the 90s OZ 16" alloys.... which way do I go?

Speedlines look great although the OZ do fill the gap better !!! Hmmm.

Someone's going to get a refurbed set of cheap alloys soon 😊

20201210_192631.jpg

Very nice!  I think the corrado mis underwheeled with 15s.  16s prob the best option.

Im for the speelines out of  the two above -  bit unfair having the Speedline at the rear as that arch never fills as much as the front - car sits higher on rear axle= Matt Webb got some cracking alloys from speedline in 16 recently. . If that is your only set of speedlines keep em. 

Edited by Keyo

Sent two of the Speedlines to the powdercoated. All balanced and I have just sealed them with some gtechniq wheel armour. If they make the rear ones look bad I will have to do those too😂

Also had the service done at VW today. They didn't do much but it was extremely cheap as they looked after me. All the technicians loved the Corrado 😇

Can anyone recommend a tyre gel to paint on. I did use a mates last time and it wasnt as messy on the alloy as the autoglym spray stuff

And got the Corrado absolutely filthy driving her around in this horrendous weather 🙄.  Great to be out in her though

20201211_173218.jpg

You're absolutely gonna do the other two! Lol. I use poor boys natural look gel on my tyres. You can use it on all interior and exterior rubber and plastics as well, it smells great, leaves a nice satin finish, and doesn't fling leaving greasy marks all over the arches and wheels.

3 hours ago, seanl82 said:

You're absolutely gonna do the other two! Lol. I use poor boys natural look gel on my tyres. You can use it on all interior and exterior rubber and plastics as well, it smells great, leaves a nice satin finish, and doesn't fling leaving greasy marks all over the arches and wheels.

Thanks for the recommendation👍. I'm going to see if I can find some locally 

13 minutes ago, GrahamU said:

You have chosen to go with the speedlines then ?

I think so. I do have some BBS for the summer 😇

On 12/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, Cressa said:

I think so. I do have some BBS for the summer 😇

I think you're making the right decision, Speedlines for winter and BBS for summer.

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I think you're making the right decision, Speedlines for winter and BBS for summer.

Ha ha, totally agree 👍

Don’t let AP Tyres near your centre caps. 
I got my speedlines on for winter too, sadly I can’t use them at the moment 

40 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Don’t let AP Tyres near your centre caps. 
I got my speedlines on for winter too, sadly I can’t use them at the moment 

I've gone off them lately. Took them to a powder coating place in Nottingham near my work