Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

6 hours ago, Cressa said:

👍 If you get a pic with a tape measure next to it that would be great. Blue tac sounds a good idea as I was thinking of some thin sponge with water based paint on it. As i have had this over a year, there is no rush 😊

One thing to note here is that fresh engine mounts can raise the engine and rub on the corner of the schrick if you dont cut enough away - you can sort of see my cut out here but can take a better picture if needs be, 

ss1.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Wow you did that wiring like a pro! I wasn't aware of all those modifications required to make that intake work, quite a process. Interested to follow the next steps!
I also just noticed those black caps over the lug nuts, really like that too!
Cheers mate

3 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Wow you did that wiring like a pro! I wasn't aware of all those modifications required to make that intake work, quite a process. Interested to follow the next steps!
I also just noticed those black caps over the lug nuts, really like that too!
Cheers mate

Do you mean the caps on top of the suspension strut? 

Also ABV have you had chance to look at the 288mm brake upgrade thread? It is nearly finished, just need to add some relevant information details on it 😇

When you were doing your 288s I don't suppose you found the disc rubbed on the splashguard at all? The little tab that sticks out a bit and sits behind the ABS ring/sensor?

27 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Do you mean the caps on top of the suspension strut? 

Also ABV have you had chance to look at the 288mm brake upgrade thread? It is nearly finished, just need to add some relevant information details on it 😇

No mate haven't seen the thread?? I've been looking at "drivetrain" fir brake related stuff and didn't see anything new? 

And no, I meant the caps on the bolts that secures the wheels! Didn't you installed a black cap over them mate? 

21 hours ago, Cressa said:

Yes it did, only slightly. So I just pushed it off and it stayed back ,👍

Cool, thanks, mine did the same, so that's reassuring.

Took the car for a dyno power run today, results on the picture.

I wanted to see how the car is now that she is running. I think she is fine but who knows.... maybe down on power, hmmm

20210107_144636.jpg

Have you had a chip for ecu otherwise Schrick youll get pinking . Cant read that chart to faded what was the max bhp from engine not wheels ? 

42 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I'd say a bit down mate, unless it's a AAA motor. Was that with the Schrick fitted as well? 

My thoughts too. It's an ABV. I haven't done the Schrick yet, I wanted the power run for a before and  after !!

22 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Ok can see 172 bhp at the top was this wheel bhp or engine ? 

It is a rubbish picture of a poor printout. I believe this was at the wheels or am I wrong.... I will ring and ask them tomorrow.  Hopefully at the wheels and I have nothing to worry about.

The good thing was that it sounded like a jet engine on full throttle and there was no smoke or anything from the exhaust 

It looks like engine power, if you do the KW conversion to Hp, which would suggest a little down. If you are worried do a compression test on it.

1 minute ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

It looks like engine power, if you do the KW conversion to Hp, which would suggest a little down. If you are worried do a compression test on it.

Sounds a plan👍I have never done that b4 and always wanted to. Shopping list for a compression tester and some google time. 

Daft thing is she does shift when given the right foot treatment.

1 minute ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

His Dyno could be off a bit. Was it JP auto tech 

Yes. So close and other people I tried never answered.. That has also been my thought 

I was there about 8 years ago when it had a supercharger and I thought it was a bit low on his Dyno.
I had a new throttle body on 15 months ago and got over 10 more Hp on the next run. Point is a clean properly working air intake is as good for power as the block. I’d check the compression, if that seems ok throw the schrick on and take it back for another run and see what the difference is. If it’s Jason doing it he’s ok at doing the run but not much more tune wise I think. 

I knew I would hate doing this 🤪

can of worms mate, can drive you mad. I wouldn’t read too much into one run. 

Stealth his got the ecu chips ready to fit for a schrick takes 5 minutes to fit and can maybe give you a blast before and after on the road and also advise if there is a power loss what the issue may be. 

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Stealth his got the ecu chips ready to fit for a schrick takes 5 minutes to fit and can maybe give you a blast before and after on the road and also advise if there is a power loss what the issue may be. 

Sound advice but not “just” down the road I’m afraid. 

15 hours ago, Keyo said:

That's for the future, money dependent. 

15 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I was there about 8 years ago when it had a supercharger and I thought it was a bit low on his Dyno.
I had a new throttle body on 15 months ago and got over 10 more Hp on the next run. Point is a clean properly working air intake is as good for power as the block. I’d check the compression, if that seems ok throw the schrick on and take it back for another run and see what the difference is. If it’s Jason doing it he’s ok at doing the run but not much more tune wise I think. 

I will do the compression test.The guy was good at doing the run but nothing else, so could be the same guy. He was very happy at how the car ran with no concern.

Watch this space 😩

17 hours ago, Cressa said:

Took the car for a dyno power run today, results on the picture.

I wanted to see how the car is now that she is running. I think she is fine but who knows.... maybe down on power, hmmm

20210107_144636.jpg

I'm no expert, but Dave Walker at Emerald is:-

EmeraldM3D.com - Rolling Road

How Rolling Roads Work

power-curveBefore we consider how a rolling road measures power output, it helps to understand what we are measuring.   We often talk about bhp (brake horse power) as if it was something that existed, rather than the reality of it being a convenient number - which we have calculated.  Bhp is a rate of doing work and in order to do work you need to put in some effort and then you need to see a result for that effort.  The effort is, in our case, the torque generated by the engine.  The result is the distance moved by the flywheel (expressed in rpm).  The simple formula for calculating bhp is based on 33,000ft lbs of work being done in one minute.  This amount of work is regarded as one horsepower.  The formula is: HP = Torque x rpm over 5252.  From this you can see that when the rpm is at 5252 the HP and the torque are the same.  If the power and torque lines do not cross here on the graph then someone is telling you porkies!   We use the term "Brake" horsepower because the engine torque is measured on a device called an Engine Brake, or dynamometer as it is more correctly known.  Dyno's measure torque at a given rpm and then we calculate the bhp from there.  With an engine bolted to a dynamometer we take the torque reading directly from the flywheel and without any form of gearbox.