Cressa

Which windscreen ???

Well I went for a green tint on a tinted screen SEKURIT so impressed with the windscreen. Shame the fitter of 30 years experience managed to f##k up fitting it. I'm too Embarrassed to put a picture up of the corner mouldings parts at the top with the outer seal. Excess sealant was bloody everywhere and still is on the inside of the car. I would have liked it to be level...

One step forward, 3 steps back 🤬🤬👊

55 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Well I went for a green tint on a tinted screen SEKURIT so impressed with the windscreen. Shame the fitter of 30 years experience managed to f##k up fitting it. I'm too Embarrassed to put a picture up of the corner mouldings parts at the top with the outer seal. Excess sealant was bloody everywhere and still is on the inside of the car. I would have liked it to be level...

One step forward, 3 steps back 🤬🤬👊

He should have used rubber wedges at the bottom of the screen for gapping and to help keep it up till it sets

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

He should have used rubber wedges at the bottom of the screen for gapping and to help keep it up till it sets

The annoying part is that I have them and gave them to him.

He apparently didnt need them. Twat. 

Not good mate. It's not like it would even be better to remove it and have someone else re-install, as it'll risk scratching the paint in the lip leading to rust. 

Posted (edited)

Who was the window fitting firm ? Sorry to hear this but this is all to common throughout all trades .  Start a new thread of I wouldn't use this turd burger again. 

Edited by Keyo

Seems to be normal when fitting replacement screens - get as much sealant as possible onto the frame fit the screen and as a result you will find the A pillar trims and head lining plastic strip are bonded to the screen also!!