Cressa

Which windscreen ???

Well I went for a green tint on a tinted screen SEKURIT so impressed with the windscreen. Shame the fitter of 30 years experience managed to f##k up fitting it. I'm too Embarrassed to put a picture up of the corner mouldings parts at the top with the outer seal. Excess sealant was bloody everywhere and still is on the inside of the car. I would have liked it to be level...

One step forward, 3 steps back 🤬🤬👊

55 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Well I went for a green tint on a tinted screen SEKURIT so impressed with the windscreen. Shame the fitter of 30 years experience managed to f##k up fitting it. I'm too Embarrassed to put a picture up of the corner mouldings parts at the top with the outer seal. Excess sealant was bloody everywhere and still is on the inside of the car. I would have liked it to be level...

One step forward, 3 steps back 🤬🤬👊

He should have used rubber wedges at the bottom of the screen for gapping and to help keep it up till it sets

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

He should have used rubber wedges at the bottom of the screen for gapping and to help keep it up till it sets

The annoying part is that I have them and gave them to him.

He apparently didnt need them. Twat. 

Not good mate. It's not like it would even be better to remove it and have someone else re-install, as it'll risk scratching the paint in the lip leading to rust. 

Who was the window fitting firm ? Sorry to hear this but this is all to common throughout all trades .  Start a new thread of I wouldn't use this turd burger again. 

Edited by Keyo

Seems to be normal when fitting replacement screens - get as much sealant as possible onto the frame fit the screen and as a result you will find the A pillar trims and head lining plastic strip are bonded to the screen also!!

On 6/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, Keyo said:

Sound chap its just goldfinger  post above said he got his from pilkington and 160 plus vat sounded expensive.  pfsht got a quote and was £250.00 + Vat off another company. 

Master Auto Glass 0121 773 7737 -  nationwide and delivery service 

http://www.master-auto-glass.com/

Is this it Keyo 

10 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Is this it Keyo 

Thats it chap- they are trade but you say you are and they will sell - go in there need a windscreen for a  customers car we are  spraying - might post , even get your car sprayer to order it if needs be. 

Edited by Keyo

Mine was 260 fitted  Badly.... so the screens must be cheap. I am seeing the Nottingham Windscreens guy on Thursday in the hope he will refit mine. I could ask him for a supply only price, just let me know which one you want 😉

10 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Mine was 260 fitted  Badly.... so the screens must be cheap. I am seeing the Nottingham Windscreens guy on Thursday in the hope he will refit mine. I could ask him for a supply only price, just let me know which one you want 😉

Be very lucky not to crack it getting it out. Fingers crossed for you.

What you going to do about the damage to the car paint around the screen that goes rusty and bubbles in 5 years due to the fitters efforts getting the screen out. I’d want the screen out and sort that out with paint before seeing a fitter to put it back

Just now, 1xshaunx1 said:

What you going to do about the damage to the car paint around the screen that goes rusty and bubbles in 5 years due to the fitters efforts getting the screen out. I’d want the screen out and sort that out with paint before seeing a fitter to put it back

Ditto. 

4 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I intend on doing just that. it cracks, then it will be an expensive day for me 🙄🤣

Well mine was fitted by Jay and Rob windscreens and I'd avoid them. Mine cracked down the middle as soon as I drove it and is leaking on the left hand corner.

I did ring master auto glass but they wouldn't supply non trade.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

Well mine was fitted by Jay and Rob windscreens and I'd avoid them. Mine cracked down the middle as soon as I drove it and is leaking on the left hand corner.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You definitely want his next shit to be a hedgehog 

• Like 1

The fitter came out and looked at it today and to be fair he was a nice bloke and has fitted a lot of them in past for a local VW garage back in the day. 

The screen has cracked on one of the rubber blocks he used so he's getting me a new screen and fitting it. Bad luck I think

6 minutes ago, pfnsht said:

The fitter came out and looked at it today and to be fair he was a nice bloke and has fitted a lot of them in past for a local VW garage back in the day. 

The screen has cracked on one of the rubber blocks he used so he's getting me a new screen and fitting it. Bad luck I think

Result 

On 11/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

You definitely want his next shit to be a hedgehog 

Love that statement 😂😂

Windscreen was removed today. The paintwork does get damaged, but fortunately only in the hidden area. So spent time cleaning all of the bonding off the car, ready to repaint an lacquer in the hope of rust protection..

Won't be refitted until  Monday afternoon now.  We had a good chat about expectations, using blocks and how I want it to be

Unfortunately I need to buy a complete new seal kit when I only need the short top seal. 

Watch this space.

10 hours ago, Cressa said:

Windscreen was removed today. The paintwork does get damaged, but fortunately only in the hidden area. So spent time cleaning all of the bonding off the car, ready to repaint an lacquer in the hope of rust protection..

Won't be refitted until  Monday afternoon now.  We had a good chat about expectations, using blocks and how I want it to be

Unfortunately I need to buy a complete new seal kit when I only need the short top seal. 

Watch this space.

Let me have a look this afternoon see if mine cam out ok, If so that I’ll have a spare

14 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Let me have a look this afternoon see if mine cam out ok, If so that I’ll have a spare

I wish... but not feeling lucky on this one mate 🤞

16 hours ago, Cressa said:

I wish... but not feeling lucky on this one mate 🤞

You are right mate it’s no good looks like Bloody Zoro has had a couple of minutes practice on it. 

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

You are right mate it’s no good looks like Bloody Zoro has had a couple of minutes practice on it. 

They definitely take the brunt of cutting the windscreen out. Thanks for looking though 👍

Windscreen edge has now had 3 coats of paint, just to be sure.. I do not want this to ever rust.

Fingers crossed for Monday that all goes well 😊

20201107_221117.jpg

10 hours ago, Cressa said:

Windscreen edge has now had 3 coats of paint, just to be sure.. I do not want this to ever rust.

Fingers crossed for Monday that all goes well 😊

20201107_221117.jpg

I would want to wait a couple of weeks for the lacquer to harden  before window installation.  Por would be good stuff to paint as your meant not to be able to chip it .