Keyo

Midlanders Corrado River Severn Meet

All Midlander Corrado owners and beyond are welcome to attend a small gathering nestled on the banks of the Mighty River Severn deep in the Worcestershire Countryside. We have been granted permission by the proprietor of the freehold to park our vehicles on their Bankside long carpark for a car meet. An opportunity to get a cracking photo of the cars with the Severn backdrop and of course meet other Corrado owners - benches and sitting areas on the river bank next to the tarmac parking. If you fancy brunch pub serves food from 12.00 noon but sells drinks earlier . Please let us know if you can make it . This is not a corrado club meeting therefore they hold no liability and is a private meet. Pub also has fishing rights at no cost if you fancy spending the day on the bank and can get a rod in the car ! Thanks

10.00 am  Sunday 30th August. 

The Hampstall Riverside Inn LTD

Astley Burf, DY13 0RY Stourport

meet.png

menu.jpg

Edited by Keyo

I'went here on Sunday to arrange this with the pub if anyone fancies popping over. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

I'went here on Sunday to arrange this with the pub if anyone fancies pooping over. 

Typo lol

I'm out the night b4, but if I can restrain myself 🍻🍻🍻 I might see if the Corrado has the reliability for this distance. Well done in sorting it 

Temped to make the 2 1/2 trip actually. In the interest of long distance road testing, obviously...... 😁

30 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Temped to make the 2 1/2 trip actually. In the interest of long distance road testing, obviously...... 😁

Be great if you can make it mate- all the hard work you did - bet your car is desperate for a good run,  some are coming far I think because of lockdown- small meets are the way forward and lets be honest will be winter before we know it and all the large shows got canx. There are lots of camps sites near by if you fancy making a weekend out of it, if a fisherman have a go for a Barbel on the River Severn - some monsters in there. 

Cressa would love to see your new paint job ! 

Edited by Keyo

I'll confirm if I'll be in attendance early next week mate. Won't be staying overnight but happy to spend a good few hours there and enjoy a nice roast dinner! 👍

8 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I'll confirm if I'll be in attendance early next week mate. Won't be staying overnight but happy to spend a good few hours there and enjoy a nice roast dinner! 👍

Cool  so we can keep an eye on numbers - cheers. 

Who else can we get out of their man caves this weekend ? 

Edited by Keyo

If anyone coming to the meet this Sunday needs some door membrane I have a roll of seriously strong monarflex stitched membrane so it dont rip (used in my industry. Also has braced /seemed puncture holes for cabling. 

Just let me know if you need some free of charge. On my my mk2 golf. 

membrane.jpg

12 minutes ago, Keyo said:

If anyone coming to the meet this Sunday needs some door membrane I have a roll of seriously strong monarflex stitched membrane so it dont rip (used in my industry. Also has braced /seemed puncture holes for cabling. 

Just let me know if you need some free of charge. On my my mk2 golf. 

membrane.jpg

oooo i could do with something like this - my original membranes are looking very tired after the doors have been on & off in the body shop

not sure i can make sunday though but it would be nice to take the VR out as it is back

13 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

keyo - can i ask what you used to secure the new membrane pls?

Hi Mate just a butyl tape - like this . Glazers use it alot. If you want the membrane come and grab it Sunday ha- I know how to get you lot out ! 😁

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUTYL-GLAZING-RUBBER-FLEXISTRIP-TAPE-BLACK-WHITE-BROWN-6-METERS-x-12MM-x-2-5MM/223476419578?hash=item34083b8bfa:g:ziUAAOSwotZcrIOW

Ibe been buying crap off VW and heritage then I realised why not use this stuff that is mega designed for high stress - have rolls of it sitting in my yard. 

Edited by Keyo

Looking forward to seeing photos from today’s meet, was hoping to make one but have to start on site early tomorrow morning  so have a busy day today at work getting ready for a 5am start. The client obviously hasn’t any concept of Bank Holidays!

Looks like you’ll have the weather for it 👍

8 hours ago, tonedef said:

Looking forward to seeing photos from today’s meet, was hoping to make one but have to start on site early tomorrow morning  so have a busy day today at work getting ready for a 5am start. The client obviously hasn’t any concept of Bank Holidays!

Looks like you’ll have the weather for it 👍

Thanks Tone- it was a nice little meet with about 14 cars in total and a Mk1 golf- there were early G60- fair few VR and valvers also  some supercharged + turbos on display - all round pleasant morning and cant  help but think we just pretty much saw off summer. 

rado60.jpg

rado61.jpg

rado63.jpg

rado65.jpg

rado67.jpg

rado72.jpg

rado71.jpg

rad75.jpg

Edited by Keyo

15 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Great line up of cars, well done for sorting it👍

Thanks Cressa 👍

Great turnout there, nice to see some normality these days! Well done for arranging it.

8 hours ago, tonedef said:

Great turnout there, nice to see some normality these days! Well done for arranging it.

^^^^^this^^^^^👍

Thanks for the kind comments- if you missed out will be organising one next summer= more than lightly take on some of the twisties around Malvern or might head deeper into the Wye Valley for some cracking scenic shots. 

Thanks for the kind comments- if you missed out will be organising one next summer= more than lightly take on some of the twisties around Malvern or might head deeper into the Wye Valley for some cracking scenic shots. 

Damn!!!

Cant believe I missed this one...
Round the corner aswell

Gutted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, fla said:

Great pics!

Thanks Fla- I will put one on next year as well. Must admit owning a late VR I do actually love the early shape of the corrado with the 7 slat grill and boxy front- I have a huge want for an early G60 in red it keeps creeping back into my head. ha . The yellow nugget is lovely on the pics isnt she - owned by Sukhi from Leeds. 

Edited by Keyo