Keyo

Word of warning on Aftermarket alloy Radiators

1 hour ago, oneohtwo said:

Ah yeah, it does say 3-5 days dispatch, and the time of year and everything going on isn't going to help.

Hopefully chap it was on a prime delivery(free for 1 month) and was meant to be here on Monday but as you say testing times so still hopeful .  

On 12/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, 1xshaunx1 said:

Pretty sure when Talking to Vince and watching what goes off when he plugs all his stuff in for a Dino/diagnostics. 

oil temp on cluster pretty accurate

water temp on cluster 8-10 degrees lower on cluster than actual

Merry Christmas everyone !!!

i've installed a HUD which measures water temp from the ecu as well and you're right the dash gauge shows around 10deg lower.  I've also fitted an oil temp sensor into the drain plug just need to wire it up into a separate gauge that i'll mount in the console cubby hole so i dont need to keep the mfa on oil temp all the time!  

1 hour ago, fla said:

i've installed a HUD which measures water temp from the ecu as well and you're right the dash gauge shows around 10deg lower.  I've also fitted an oil temp sensor into the drain plug just need to wire it up into a separate gauge that i'll mount in the console cubby hole so i dont need to keep the mfa on oil temp all the time!  

Sounds interesting, how accurate is the reading with ambient temp after being parked overnight (engine cold)?

2 hours ago, fla said:

Sounds very good indeed gauges that tell the truth. 

4 hours ago, Dox said:

Sounds interesting, how accurate is the reading with ambient temp after being parked overnight (engine cold)?

Car is sorned atm but next time i'll check and post up

1 hour ago, fla said:

Car is sorned atm but next time i'll check and post up

Thanks, I’ve always suspected lots of running problems are due to wiring issues, if headlights are affected by voltage drop then engine / ecu must also?

Wont be using Amazon again after  13 days of speaking to foreign call centres and not getting a straight answer is the item in stock or not- is the item coming in stock ?  Finally just pressed the cancel button for it say sorry we cant cancel your order- so will have to call again and know  I wont get anywhere.. It is now showing as unavailable on their website so whether it was in stock or not in the first instance Ill never know.  Was on a premium delivery meant to arrive on the 5th at the latest. 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Wont be using Amazon again after  13 days of speaking to foreign call centres and not getting a straight answer is the item in stock or not- is the item coming in stock ?  Finally just pressed the cancel button for it say sorry we cant cancel your order- so will have to call again and know  I wont get anywhere.. It is now showing as unavailable on their website so whether it was in stock or not in the first instance Ill never know.  Was on a premium delivery meant to arrive on the 5th at the latest. 

I’ve been waiting a while fo a next day delivery. I think they are a bit stretched with some stock

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’ve been waiting a while fo a next day delivery. I think they are a bit stretched with some stock

I wouldn't be to stressed normally its just because I want to know is it a damn god AKG rad 😂

Hmmm, that's not so good. I haven't ever had an issue with Amazon in terms of customer service, although I have never tried ringing them. A few times I have had items not delivered and there's options next to the order (not easy to find), and they've immediately just sent out a replacement. They are such a large company I don't think I would bother trying to ring though, can see why you've had issues! 

Odd that you can't cancel - usually that would mean it has been dispatched I'd have thought and in transit. Have you had any email notification it has been despatched? Might have gone in junk, but they always send a dispatch notification, worth a look. Also you can track the order from your orders page:

image.png

image.png

They're not some two-bit organisation so you should be able to find out some info there. That should at least let you know if it has been dispatched or they are waiting for stock anyway. If it's been dispatched then hopefully all good and it's just a matter of waiting for the delivery company to sort themselves out. 

Thanks. There was a track package but now it has diapered = although it never moved past the order received box  - it now says shipment delayed will be n touch when order shipped - so pressed the cancel button and returned sorry we cant cancel- so I will leave it another week- would be nice if they could say yes it is coming rather the order just dangling in the abyss. 

Edited by Keyo

I think all deliveries are kind of all over the place at the moment, with huge delays, due to the double jeopardy of Brexit and COVID. It should sort itself out after a while hopefully.

15 minutes ago, fendervg said:

I think all deliveries are kind of all over the place at the moment, with huge delays, due to the double jeopardy of Brexit and COVID. It should sort itself out after a while hopefully.

I would say so - one other thing I have noticed connected to COVID is vans have shot up in price as well. / was thinking of getting rid of my oldest flatbed transit 52 Reg and was expecting 1k max - to my shock they are selling for 2 to 3 k with even some as Spares  and repairs and of course the orange peril. Been told it’s due to courier demand  they are earning Upto 1k a week at the moment the self employed lads . My mate who supplies  HGV drivers to blue chip  companies and supermarket companies has just purchased one of them new Lamborghini suv had a record breaking quarter - we have been below average sales ourselves 

Edited by Keyo

45 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I would say so - one other thing I have noticed connected to COVID is vans have shot up in price as well. / was thinking of getting rid of my oldest flatbed transit 52 Reg and was expecting 1k max - to my shock they are selling for 2 to 3 k with even some as Spares  and repairs and of course the orange peril. Been told it’s due to courier demand  they are earning Upto 1k a week at the moment the self employed lads . My mate who supplies  HGV drivers to blue chip  companies and supermarket companies has just purchased one of them new Lamborghini suv had a record breaking quarter - we have been below average sales ourselves 

I Had this when I bought another van 2 years ago. Wanted a cheap van to last a couple of years, cheapest was a messed up knackered LDV @ 2.5k. Ended up with another newish Merc van. If you’ve got a van that runs ok with 12 months test 2.5k at least, gone in a couple of days max

Its mental I purchased it in 2007 with 60k something for 7 inc Vat , Have replaced two clutches - fuel pump, alternator, , battery and that is it - have had the chassis welded twice as well. I think Im going to let her go for a Euro 6- I always kept her because kept hearing horror stories off other contractors- in the last six months first lad 2 year old transit has had a new gear box and engine ( he purchased it second hand) was over 60 k on clock  so no warrantee off Ford - exactly the same happened to a chap with an ecobosst Ford Ranger I think he called it . Might get an Iveco this time, I like the quad wheels on the rear axle and Merc plus VW always seem to have the single  axle .   I have to have a 4m internal flatbed. 

What you reckon I could get Shaun ? - Mk6 Transit - 166k on the clock cat free- normal age related surface rust on wings and sills= has 11 month mot cat free- every switch works and electrics. Mine is a drop side Alloy flatbed, they are one of the  hardest variants  to find.  

Look at this for example well over what I expected an no bed which can be pricey 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-transit-smiley-mk5/254828372407?hash=item3b54f461b7:g:wSUAAOSwjDpf-c82

Holy cow or maybe I might just store her at my yard ha. 11k 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-transit-mk-2-tipper-rat-look/203223153729?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Its mental I purchased it in 2007 with 60k something for 7 inc Vat , Have replaced two clutches - fuel pump, alternator, , battery and that is it - have had the chassis welded twice as well. I think Im going to let her go for a Euro 6- I always kept her because kept hearing horror stories off other contractors- in the last six months first lad 2 year old transit has had a new gear box and engine ( he purchased it second hand) was over 60 k on clock  so no warrantee off Ford - exactly the same happened to a chap with an ecobosst Ford Ranger I think he called it . Might get an Iveco this time, I like the quad wheels on the rear axle and Merc plus VW always seem to have the single  axle .   I have to have a 4m internal flatbed. 

What you reckon I could get Shaun ? - Mk6 Transit - 166k on the clock cat free- normal age related surface rust on wings and sills= has 11 month mot cat free- every switch works and electrics. Mine is a drop side Alloy flatbed, they are one of the  hardest variants  to find.  

Look at this for example well over what I expected an no bed which can be pricey 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-transit-smiley-mk5/254828372407?hash=item3b54f461b7:g:wSUAAOSwjDpf-c82

Holy cow or maybe I might just store her at my yard ha. 11k 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-transit-mk-2-tipper-rat-look/203223153729?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Never give any advice on a unseen vehicle,  my top tip  
All vans break at some point. It’s avoiding the ones with known issues that cost a bomb and take ages to fix. 

39 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Never give any advice on a unseen vehicle,  my top tip  
All vans break at some point. It’s avoiding the ones with known issues that cost a bomb and take ages to fix. 

For sure Ive always said the biggest issues with trucks and vans is they are normally driven by people that dont own them. 

Just an update got an email off Amazon saying will be delivered on the 18th followed by an email an hour later saying out of stock will give a refund . So conclusion Dasis is the only OE fitting radiator available on planet earth for a VR at this present moment 😂 I will still be fitting the new Hella Fan so will give an update on that instead. 

Edited by Keyo

😂 That has got to be the longest thread that still had nothing at the end, damn. Hopefully someone will remake some for us🤞, but well done in trying 

3 minutes ago, Cressa said:

😂 That has got to be the longest thread that still had nothing at the end, damn. Hopefully someone will remake some for us🤞, but well done in trying 

Thanks Cressa it was worth a bash - don't be surprised if a AKG one is ever made again if it is called Mahle because they have purchased Hella refrigeration- also worth looking out for Nissens in case they bring a batch out made by AKG.  

Ahhh, shame! Still at least you know now. 

I rather suspected after you said there was an issue and was now showing out of stock that there was an error on the listing and they never had any. Probably such a rare purchase that the listing was never updated. It did seem surprising at the time that Amazon would be the only place to have any!

10 minutes ago, oneohtwo said:

Ahhh, shame! Still at least you know now. 

I rather suspected after you said there was an issue and was now showing out of stock that there was an error on the listing and they never had any. Probably such a rare purchase that the listing was never updated. It did seem surprising at the time that Amazon would be the only place to have any!

Thanks for the initial heads up it was certainly worth a shot- I have been in contact with AKG in Germany to see if they would be doing a batch in the future but the lady said to call the next day but I never got round to it. 

AKG also have a UK branch, a shame rado owner dont work there ha. 

https://www.akg-uk.co.uk/