JJBRADO

New member!!

Hello all!

Got myself a 2.0 8V Rado late last year in Black. Just been doing a few bits on it here & there getting her up to scratch. 

Hope to do some shows later in the year & meet everyone!

Thanks,

Jensen 

Welcome aboard! Love an 8v, bullet proof cars and hope you're enjoying ownership. Why not start a members gallery thread so we can see some pics, and you can document the work you've done. 👍

Welcome, equally love the 8v. Hardly anything to go wrong and will save you no end of hassle and headaches and plently fast enough for exploiting the car on a B road. 

Welcome fellow 8v owner 🙂. Are you engine code 2E or ADY ? (just curious). 

We like pictures round here. Feel free to share.

On 2/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, seanl82 said:

Welcome aboard! Love an 8v, bullet proof cars and hope you're enjoying ownership. Why not start a members gallery thread so we can see some pics, and you can document the work you've done. 👍

When I get round to some decent pictures when lve finished polishing/ceramic coating I shall!

Been very happy with the engine lots of poke for only 115hp

On 2/24/2022 at 11:00 PM, James. said:

Any idea how I find out the engine code? Might be useful in future. Was having a look when replacing the throttle cable but couldn’t see anything anywhere? 

43 minutes ago, JJBRADO said:

When I get round to some decent pictures when lve finished polishing/ceramic coating I shall!

Been very happy with the engine lots of poke for only 115hp

Any idea how I find out the engine code? Might be useful in future. Was having a look when replacing the throttle cable but couldn’t see anything anywhere? 

Should be on a white 100mm square sticker in the boot, same sticker inside the service book

On 2/24/2022 at 11:00 PM, James. said:

Just had a look it’s an ADY. Photos below - wheels will be changed in due course

C464380D-301B-45E7-A8B5-8A6B7BF04A0D.jpeg

F167E40E-FCBF-47C4-BE02-FCF5BE1448BE.jpeg

Edited by JJBRADO

Looks a good car, if you don't know all front lights are only available used and are expensive/ rare, if you daily it you may want to use some protection on them.

The ADY is a great motor, change the oil regularly and its bomb proof plus you can get 40 mpg out of it which makes it a great daily driver. Over 18yrs I ran mine up to over 340k with nothing but the usual service items before some git in a Citroen DS murdered it.

16 minutes ago, Dox said:

Looks a good car, if you don't know all front lights are only available used and are expensive/ rare, if you daily it you may want to use some protection on them.

Thanks, body’s not to bad for the age!

Luckily there in pretty decent nick, only one indicator has a small crack. The Foggs & indicators have protective film over them. Any ideas on what I can do to protect headlights?

VW Heritage sell light covers, a bit ugly imo but necessary on a daily 

Edited by Dox

21 minutes ago, mnmv12 said:

The ADY is a great motor, change the oil regularly and its bomb proof plus you can get 40 mpg out of it which makes it a great daily driver. Over 18yrs I ran mine up to over 340k with nothing but the usual service items before some git in a Citroen DS murdered it.

I’m sorry for your loss. 

I’ve done the throttle cable & bush so far. Headlining is out as we speak - re glue & dye 

Going to put a nice Gamma V radio in as someone’s stuck a modern price of rubbish in. 

booked in for a full service next month, just need to find some wheels. Any recommendations? Been looking at Estorils?  

Welcome along and very nice looking car, congrats.

Just for reference, someone (many moons ago) turbo'd an 8V and, i believe with standard internals, got a comfortable 150bhp out of it. No insane boost either so not overly stressing the standard components. 

12 minutes ago, fla said:

Welcome along and very nice looking car, congrats.

Just for reference, someone (many moons ago) turbo'd an 8V and, i believe with standard internals, got a comfortable 150bhp out of it. No insane boost either so not overly stressing the standard components. 

Thank you,

ooo sounds interesting, it’s got an exhaust with some horrible square tip & a k&n filter at the moment so maybe an extra 1hp not sure.

i own an R32 also, few years down the line I’d 100% consider an r32 conversion for the Rado as I’ve fallen In love with that engine. 

interesting  that people turbo these engines, would have thought a 20vt swap would be easier?

Looks nice and I don't mind the wheels tbh - they look period correct and easy to clean. Is it black magic met black or solid black? 

R32 sounds a nice future plan 

4 hours ago, MJA said:

Looks nice and I don't mind the wheels tbh - they look period correct and easy to clean. Is it black magic met black or solid black? 

R32 sounds a nice future plan 

Shes black magic Pearl, I need to take the wheels off & find out what they are haha

Great colour and pretty rare. Lovely golden fleck. The only black id want.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice. Just as others have said, easy to live with, easy to work on (all that space in the engine bay is a blessing at times), but be cautious with parts (lights especially) as parts are getting hard. Fun to drive and rarer (by some way) than a Storm. What’s not to like 🙂.

I had Estorils on my first Corrado. They had diamond cut faces ( they were an option at the time) and looked great. 

Having run mine everyday for ten years, I’d recommend changing the wiper arms/blades to aero type. As the standards are hopeless. Lupo GTI or Audi TT is the way to go. You may also benefit from an upgraded headlight loom as well.

There’s loads of replacement/upgraded parts available.

Lastly, stick the MPG setting on the clocks and see what you can get up to on a long drive.

47.7mpg before you ask 😎.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MJA said:

Great colour and pretty rare. Lovely golden fleck. The only black id want.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks! Matching with my R32, both black magic Pearl - interesting to see they’re quite different in fleck colour & amount!!

20 hours ago, James. said:

Nice. Just as others have said, easy to live with, easy to work on (all that space in the engine bay is a blessing at times), but be cautious with parts (lights especially) as parts are getting hard. Fun to drive and rarer (by some way) than a Storm. What’s not to like 🙂.

I had Estorils on my first Corrado. They had diamond cut faces ( they were an option at the time) and looked great. 

Having run mine everyday for ten years, I’d recommend changing the wiper arms/blades to aero type. As the standards are hopeless. Lupo GTI or Audi TT is the way to go. You may also benefit from an upgraded headlight loom as well.

There’s loads of replacement/upgraded parts available.

Lastly, stick the MPG setting on the clocks and see what you can get up to on a long drive.

47.7mpg before you ask 😎.

sounding like this engine is a gem! Dose feel very nice to drive, got around 45mpg on the way back from purchasing ~100 motorway miles. 

Any recommendations on upgrades any other upgrades?

On the list for the headlight loom - will have to definitely look into wiper upgrades as will be a daily! 

Welcome Jensen! I have just returned onto the forum and also looking forward to some shows and cruises this year with likeminded members based around the East Midlands! Finally finished my restoration late last year! Late 95 conversion also in black 😉 

• Like 1

I saw this car a few weeks ago as I was in the area, it really is very clean, good buy Jensen.