seanl82

Corrado sales

22 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

25 Corrado’s for sale on EBay today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many for sale on one site before. A fair few listing are dealers too. 

Never seen anything like it in my life- lock down loans need re paying-  lock down tax for the self employed now due , rising values time to try and cash in, costs of now commuting back to work - inflation - all combining factor- we really need some of these dogs getting scrapped as it will get values back to square one- If you dont have a breaker if you can get one cheap go for it.  

20 hours ago, Dox said:

When I was selling my MK2, I took a lad on a 20 mile test drive, spent an hour on my drive chatting as he inspected everything only for him to say mum doesn't want me to buy it - she wasn't there and no mobile phones back then. 

I never did hear from him again.....

He couldn't use a clutch or change gear without crashing into them, a painful experience that left me scarred to this day

Talking of your old white golf - here is a bit of tuned one coming up to auction- nice rare interior to. 

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1990-volkswagen-golf-mk2-gti-16v-gti-engineering-re2100-nRQ5Jg

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Never seen anything like it in my life- lock down loans need re paying-  lock down tax for the self employed now due , rising values time to try and cash in, costs of now commuting back to work - inflation - all combining factor- we really need some of these dogs getting scrapped as it will get values back to square one- If you dont have a breaker if you can get one cheap go for it.  

It's been a few years since that many were for sale, but not that long tbh. Consistently mid twenties on eBay alone til about 2018. I'm sure all those factors will potentially have had an effect, but remember these cars are generally second or third cars and most owners have had them for a long time so they owe them nothing. Coupled with the fact some may have wanted to sell for a couple of years but lockdown meant it wasn't feasible, there will be a surplus now. Prices through the roof with used cars at the moment so worth cashing out now if you are considering selling up. 

7 hours ago, Dox said:

I'd change the wheels, otherwise perfect to my eyes

100 percent a nice set of alloys would transform that car - interesting read saying power comes on at 3 k revs and 190 bhp -  reckon that would feel pretty damn  quick 😂

11 hours ago, seanl82 said:

It's been a few years since that many were for sale, but not that long tbh. Consistently mid twenties on eBay alone til about 2018. I'm sure all those factors will potentially have had an effect, but remember these cars are generally second or third cars and most owners have had them for a long time so they owe them nothing. Coupled with the fact some may have wanted to sell for a couple of years but lockdown meant it wasn't feasible, there will be a surplus now. Prices through the roof with used cars at the moment so worth cashing out now if you are considering selling up. 

Let’s hope like your Old  car a good example is always sort after therefore a market of its own . 

2 hours ago, Crasher said:

Not a good time for us to sell the VR6 we have then...

51935124517_f11cdc4f28_o.jpg

51936181688_ed4b243294_o.jpg

Leather dash! I have lots of Storm cream plastic should you need any?

28 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Think the seller is on crack.

I will have some if you know him lol- must be good shit that. 

3 hours ago, Dox said:

It's nice, but £40K buys lots of nice things?

I keep getting logged out... 

Dont it just- from what im seeing on modern cars though I wouldn't whack 40 k on one unless under warrantee as they are so poorly made now with so many 3 k parts and things buried in the engine with huge labour costs- I can also see the new B9 audi RS +  S  models are shitting there pants as low as 40k miles- not sure if this applies to the 3.0 v6 diesel engine which was always my go to daily -.. 

Great channel these guys if you have time to watch a bit of youtube.  part one of two - really rate this mechanic runs out of the Black Country. 

Edited by Keyo

very true - new cars are a nightmare and tbh i wouldn't even know where to start on one if something were to go wrong. I'm at my limit of understanding up to around 2010ish.  Thereafter, too many sensors, harnesses and complex electronics

1 minute ago, fla said:

very true - new cars are a nightmare and tbh i wouldn't even know where to start on one if something were to go wrong. I'm at my limit of understanding up to around 2010ish.  Thereafter, too many sensors, harnesses and complex electronics

I can go upto 1992 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, fla said:

Also mate Im noticing real cheap vacuum lines and solenoids that seem to fall apart after a few  years - and say you need an evap solenoid they make you buy the whole lot so means it could be in for  2k for a £50 solenoid which they wont even have a part number on . Another thing  it seems hard to get parts for any car over 10 years now for vag and other brands - they really dont give a damn about keeping parts going as want you to but a new car- I suppose they are prepping us for electric- it will be like a microwave or dish washer once the batteries have gone car will be junked like an electrical appliance . 

6 hours ago, Keyo said:

Dont it just- from what im seeing on modern cars though I wouldn't whack 40 k on one unless under warrantee as they are so poorly made now with so many 3 k parts and things buried in the engine with huge labour costs- I can also see the new B9 audi RS +  S  models are shitting there pants as low as 40k miles- not sure if this applies to the 3.0 v6 diesel engine which was always my go to daily -.. 

Great channel these guys if you have time to watch a bit of youtube.  part one of two - really rate this mechanic runs out of the Black Country. 

Seen quite a few of his videos on youtube - repair costs are scary - on those type of cars Audi RS, BMW M and Merc AMG buying second hand is a gamble

I wonder what it would be like to deal with an aftermarket warranty company for something serious as similar to above

Watch car wizard - hates BMW (V8) - Takes hours of work to get to source of leaks and to find its a seal that costs a few dollars to make and everything is plastic

2 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Seen quite a few of his videos on youtube - repair costs are scary - on those type of cars Audi RS, BMW M and Merc AMG buying second hand is a gamble

I wonder what it would be like to deal with an aftermarket warranty company for something serious as similar to above

Watch car wizard - hates BMW (V8) - Takes hours of work to get to source of leaks and to find its a seal that costs a few dollars to make and everything is plastic

Its true sometimes I do lust after a high power daily but soon escapes my mind when i troll through classifieds and see a bill of 15 k and a bill for 20 k and so on. 

Looking back to 2015 that's why I got a Mustang as had a three year warrantee and for a V8 5.0 for 32 k seemed a great bargain ( not anymore! )- to add I sold it after a year and got my money back due to a waiting list- in fact I have not checked lately but it was the most undepreciated vehicle in the UK- I would say a ford V8 would be much more reliable then one of these Germain V8 or v6 twin turbo. Ford did have a lot of issues with the ecoboost 4 cylinder in the Mustang though I believe with head crack - same pretty much as the block in an RS. 

On 6/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

I can go upto 1992 😂🤣😂

Shaun if you go up to 92 I'll have to revise myself down to 87 at the latest!