daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Morning Dave

My Mums corrado handle went pop yesterday. Its a drivers door, but it's a left hand drive, so presume passenger side would be the kit I need.

Can you please PM and let me know if you are still doing these, price and can you deliver to Portugal

many thanks

Dic

Hi there,

im after a drivers side set if you are still doing these

wish i would have spotted this earlier!

cheers, sam

Hi Dave,

I bought one of your repair kits a while back to repair my drivers door handle and it was superb, trouble is the same handle has now stopped working. I am not suggesting in any way that there is a problem with the repair kit as it was excellent quality and i dont see any way in which it could possibly break (especially as it went when my 7 year old daughter was opening the door and she finds them hard to open anyway let alone snap!).

I was wondering though if possible you could email/pm me a copy of the instructions again as i didnt keep those you sent me and i found them very clear/essential for the removal/refitting of the handle and think they would be useful to me when i take it all apart again to see why its not working now.

Cheers mate, any help would be greatly appreciated (and any suggestions as to what the problem may be, the handle is totally loose on the outside now but still works fine from inside the car?)

Martin :D

Hi Dave,

I bought one of your repair kits a while back to repair my drivers door handle and it was superb, trouble is the same handle has now stopped working. I am not suggesting in any way that there is a problem with the repair kit as it was excellent quality and i dont see any way in which it could possibly break (especially as it went when my 7 year old daughter was opening the door and she finds them hard to open anyway let alone snap!).

I was wondering though if possible you could email/pm me a copy of the instructions again as i didnt keep those you sent me and i found them very clear/essential for the removal/refitting of the handle and think they would be useful to me when i take it all apart again to see why its not working now.

Cheers mate, any help would be greatly appreciated (and any suggestions as to what the problem may be, the handle is totally loose on the outside now but still works fine from inside the car?)

Martin :D

Hi Martin,

PM me your email address and I'll email it ASAP.

If you can ease the handle out of the door (to save removing door card) and send me a some pics of the handle from differnt angles I'll have a look.

Dave

door handle repair kit arrived today , good clear instructions and a well engineered piece of kit , delivery in two days from payment

Thank you Dave

Rob

Hi Martin,

PM me your email address and I'll email it ASAP.

If you can ease the handle out of the door (to save removing door card) and send me a some pics of the handle from differnt angles I'll have a look.

Dave

Hi Dave,

my email address is [email protected]

I did pm but not sure if it sent.

Cheers mate

again i would like to add that im 110% certain that the problem is not with Dave's repair kits and is probably more due to me not fitting it quite correctly despite the clear instruction hence why i want another copy! :lol:

Hi daves16v,

My driver's side handle did the dreaded 'crack-plink' thing last night - the MOT was at 11 this morning :roll:

Please PM me PayPal details (I want to replace both sides please) and I will get payment to you asap :wink:

Thanks mate,

Andy.

hia

My drivers side handle which is less the 6 months old is broke it looks like its the cast iron part as it still work from the inside. my passengerside is broke also but is a different issue, its a old rear passat door handle with no key hole, its just very loose. I don't know if anything can be done with this. From briefly reading this post it seems that you might be able to do something with them? I'd be very interested in any help/info

regards

Kempy

Dave16v can you, pm me or post the price for a kit for both door handles, I just got my C and the handles are fine! but the laws of sod tell me that wont last!!! prevention maybe the best bet, cheers

Dave16v,

Please excuse me if I'm asking a stupid question, but what fault does the repair kit fix? My driver's side handle lately seems to require more and more of a pull to actually get the door open, is this a symptom of the problem your kit repairs?

How difficult is the repair? How much is the kit?

Cheers

Hi Daves16v, Please can you send me a drivers side repair kit (I've had one of yours before but for the passeger side - looks like it's time for the other one now, doh). Please let me know payment details. Thanks, Jonathan

Hi, sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but my Ex has just told me hers has failed again, can you pm me the cost of getting one drivers door side replacement bit please mate, I need to get her one as she's climbing in through the passenger door

Cheers Dave, fitted mine in 20mins at lunchtime, and I now have a working drivers door handle again. Yay. Just in case anyone is worried about doing this, if I can, anyone can :lol:

Cheers Dave, fitted mine in 20mins at lunchtime, and I now have a working drivers door handle again. Yay. Just in case anyone is worried about doing this, if I can, anyone can :lol:

It's a pleasure matey.

Alright Dave!

Finally got some 'one on one' with my C due to a house renovation chewin up all my time!

New door handle repair kit fitted, a little fiddely but instructions carried me through!! 8)

Well chuffed my door now works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I will never be afraid of filling up at the pump again, whilst the whole forecourt stare at you climbing through the passenger door and strategically pushing your drivers side door open so it won't slam shut as you run around!...........Thank you Dave!!

got a set months ago but ive lost instructions any chance you could pm me them pls

cheers

PM me your email address.

cheers dave, got my repair kit today, very good instructions, and a much better fit than the one i repaired my driver door with (kit from ebay). saved a full mot retest, thanks.

got to say after cutting my hand three times i ended up using a different screw from the one sent.

philips or cross head screwdriver was much safer, i used a shorter screw with a thinner point, and it grabbed without any hassle or too much pressure.

felt a bit like i was been setup to slash my own wrist! you sadistic man dave! :)

cheers dave, got my repair kit today, very good instructions, and a much better fit than the one i repaired my driver door with (kit from ebay). saved a full mot retest, thanks.

got to say after cutting my hand three times i ended up using a different screw from the one sent.

philips or cross head screwdriver was much safer, i used a shorter screw with a thinner point, and it grabbed without any hassle or too much pressure.

felt a bit like i was been setup to slash my own wrist! you sadistic man dave! :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll take on board what you've said but the instructions don't tell you to cut yourself........lol

Seriously I will consider your findings.

Thanks again.

Dave