Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

What a week - C is now a Cat C

Ahh smeg. I'll have to find out where it's gonna get broken and get the parts from it there.

Good job I went to get as much as I could off it now then :)

Think it might be rather dead tho...

jeeees!!! that is bad

again glad your ok, but you really need to get that leather back, almost makes me think you shouldnt claim and strip it if thats possible???

Nasty :( :(

Gutted for you mate, I'm sure most people here have a crashed at one time, and know what a git it is... the amount of hassle a few seconds of driving causes you :p

Hopefully Elephant will give you a decent pay out... can you find out how much they'll offer you, then not claim? I.e. if they say they'll give you £1000 but you can't buy your car back... can you then say, ok I won't claim, and sell the bits for £2000 (random figures btw) :?:

almost makes me think you shouldnt claim and strip it if thats possible???

That wont work, he'd have to pay for the telegraph pole, emergency services, recovery plus he should get 5k+ settlement and the cars probably worth 3k in bits tops.

Yeah it was pretty nasty, obviously that stack of tyres wasn't there, that's just where she's been dumped at the bodyshop.

There's no point not claiming because as Scruffythefirst says, it's not worth that much in parts. I do want to extract the Recaros tho... they're not leather, but rather the rarer form of rocking horse poop - cloth Recaros.

The engine should also be in good nick, but I'll see where it's getting broken and I'll have words...

Think it might be rather dead tho...

I did pretty much that type of damage to a really old Cavalier once ... That was a laugh, errr not..

Best of luck with the insurance...

The engine should also be in good nick, but I'll see where it's getting broken and I'll have words...

I hope so. My old Golf took a knock like that and the impact force bent the driveshaft and cracked the block :cry:

Words fail me mate...... I can't believe the cr@p luck you've had in such a short space of time :(

I hope 2005 is a better year for you.

K

I'm absolutely stunned! :shock: But glad your OK and still have all the relevant body parts intact, quite amazed you walked away to be honest!

Such a waste of a good car, but I guess these things can't be helped. I'd buy Jediknights, though make sure you have some more Driving lessons first :lol:

sorry to hear this dinkus,,, mian thing is that ur alright and its only a piece of metal which can be replaced....

Hope all goes well

Gutted for you man, but to echo to the trend of others, you're all right and at the end of the day, no matter what you feel, it is just a car. I was the same when I wrote off my valver. Get down the pub, and remember, Insurance Companies' main job is to screw you out of money. Fight them until you get a good offer...and then buy a replacement :)

Take it easy,

Tom

Sorry to see that mate but if its any consolation Elephant are very good for paying out promptly... a good friend of mine has just had to do that through them. Very good.

Thanks again for the sympathy guys and my apologies in advance for your higher premiums next year :(

I must say that elephant have been very good with me so far, always helpful (if sometimes a little thick) on the phone and no hassle to get things sorted out. I just hope it carries on that way.

I'm currently thinking I'll get an L reg Passat CL or somesuch with a tow bar...

then spend the rest of the payout on a crappy E30 320i and trailer. Strip it, cage it and take it racing :D

We shall see though

I'm currently thinking I'll get an L reg Passat CL or somesuch with a tow bar...

then spend the rest of the payout on a crappy E30 320i and trailer. Strip it, cage it and take it racing :D

Good plan!

My mate sold his E30 320i for £500 recently, fully loaded aswell. Never mind!

The 4 cylinder E30s make for better track cars but the sixes are still fun though.

I'd personally get a beaten up old 325is.....3 door, grippy recaros, LSD, 170 bhp and sport suspension. Got everything you need in one package.....

oooohhh e30 325i's.... :twisted:

I looked into buying one of those before i got my C, they look great in coupe form.

With everytime i think about changing cars (which seems to be every day at the moment :lol: ) i consider these....

Sooo much calss and style for so little, kind of like a Corrado :lol:

A 325 would be nice, but if you want to enter the SELOC series, you can only use a 318i or a 320i...

You have to strip it and use an approved seat with harness holes anyway, so the Recaro interior wouldn't matter.

You can pick up 320i bimmers for peanuts (£600 will do), but you then need to spend another £2.5k on a cage, seat, fire extinguisher etc... not to mention £1200 for a trailer...

I'd eventually like to own a beemer with a straight 6 engine. I'd never really liked BMW's before, but the refinement and power of them just really has me thinking a lot in recent months.And the noise from those engines is sublime..

I'd eventually like to own a beemer with a straight 6 engine. I'd never really liked BMW's before, but the refinement and power of them just really has me thinking a lot in recent months.And the noise from those engines is sublime..

Ah you're getting the wrong end of the stick... I don't like the things, they're just something cheap to go racing in :D