Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Whatcha listen to in your Corrado?

Liking the D&B Jim....it's giving my home sub a work out at the moment, I'll try them in the car later!

Cheers mate :mrgreen:

kevhaywire, Old hardcore eh !! When i got my rado last year it had a tape player (still has actually cos i buy vinyl) in it and i had a shoe box full of old mix tapes from early 90's, was cool to go through them, bought back memories ! I'm also a Drum and Bass man but more on the deeper/jazz style like LTJ Bukem. Photek (from ipswich) is another favourite.

i absolutely loooooove LTJ Bukem, last time i heard him was at shepton mallet in 95... the bass was unbelievable, could feel your insides moving!

truly awesome.

Agreed on the Bukem... I've got a Ministry of sound 'decades' double CD pack and the second disc a Bukem set from the mid 90s....just him non stop for over an hour...awesome!

I really like his 92-93 hardcore contributions aswell. Must get all my rave tapes put onto CD sometime!

kevhaywire, Old hardcore eh !! When i got my rado last year it had a tape player (still has actually cos i buy vinyl) in it and i had a shoe box full of old mix tapes from early 90's, was cool to go through them, bought back memories ! I'm also a Drum and Bass man but more on the deeper/jazz style like LTJ Bukem. Photek (from ipswich) is another favourite.

Yep, that's me! Mickey Finn, Top Buzz, LTJ, Phantasy, Randall, Clarkee, Slipmatt & Lime, DJ Sy, DJ Unknown, et al....got em all mate :D

Got quite a few of the Dreamscape sets too....

1992 - 1993 was the best period for this sort of music by far!

Neverite, Wicked - get yourself down to 'THE END' in Llondon for Progression Sessions first Friday of every month, Bukem and guests, its always an amazing night !

Yeah Kev, Bukems early stuff was amazing too, 'Demons Theme' was a real turning point in the history of hardcore evolving into D&B

damn kev your bringing back some odd memories! hehe... got a world size collection of early dreamscape and helter skelter tape packs, im gonna have to go through em now lol

agree with most of those, and phantasy!! ... think he was underated tbh. 92-93, cant argue with that either, i liked alot of easygroove and seduction back then too.. i think from 91 until early 95 there was the worlds supply of excellent d.j's around, but thats when the sound started to change and get put in its catagories. e.g breakbeat becoming 4-beat happy hardcore and i think ill stop going to these parties now etc etc lol

ill let you know if i find anything interesting from the packs :D

Haha, I have fond memories of driving to college in my mate's MG Metro with Dreamscape XII blasting out of twin 12" subs in the boot! :oops:

carpoid, he still doing the rounds then?... cool, what about conrad? they still work together?

haven't been near that scene for a (long) while now, would be good to hear some of that again

lmao gradeA...

Top Buzz !! Yeah wicked !! All those i have aswell !

And can i just say Goldie Timeless. Listened to that the other day and OMG !! Incredible album

Neverite, Mate they are still together, touring the world, i saw him in Sydney Australia and had a long chat with him in a record shop. Still got the same style, just gets better all the time !

i thought i liked this forum, but now i love it lol. anyone who was/is into the bukem type intelligent stuff AND the more rock type sounds, have a look for the band i mentioned previously 'Dredg' there second album El Cielo has a truly remarkable sound, and some of the album has a definate intelligent d&b influence.Andy

kevhaywire.. keep trying to arrange a bit of a chance to go over to my mates for a proper old school mix with some really classic drum and bass tunes. He's got a pretty huge collection of tunes ;) Will try and hook you up with a copy if we ever get around to it..

All age joking aside, I hope that D+B isnt a bit OTT as by the sounds of it you like a bit more of the intelligent type breaks and stuff and I find modern D+B a bit tough going sometimes!! :)

does nobody listen to any rock or metal anymore?

bit of norwegian metal?

prince even?

scarping the barrel here! somebody has to have a taste in music as terrible as mine

if you read through youll notice i said im listening to pantera and meshuggah at the moment! i ferkin love meshuggah!

i in a very scary way ...for some, odd, reason... i think slipknot newest album is great... :oops:

does nobody listen to any rock or metal anymore?

bit of norwegian metal?

prince even?

scarping the barrel here! somebody has to have a taste in music as terrible as mine

had a look in car and i have

Hammerfal - Chapter V:unbent unbowed unbroken

Killers - Hot Fuss

Atreyu - the Curse

Avenged Sevenfold - Sounding the seventh trumpet

the Used - in love and death

Killswitchengage - the end of heartache

deftones - white pony

my chemical romance - three cheers for sweet revenge

taking back sunday - tell all your friends

prince - the very best of prince

is that bad enough taste for u lol 8)

Currently in my 'changer are: Jet, Basement Jaxx, Kelis, Therapy?, Orbital, Fugees, Sex Pistols, Mercury Rev, Gomez and Outkast.

Hmm, not sure what that says about my tastes. Varied? Confused, maybe!

mistrall - your avatar

As a fishy person myself, :wink: I have to ask you what is that disgustingly bloated coarse fish you are holding? I know you will be itching for someone to ask you how you caught it and what it weighed, etc.

For eating, we tend to go for salmon, trout and oysters up here - do you Anglo Saxons still eat pike, carp and swans, then? :wink:

ah pantera, the awful departed dimebag, no great loss imo.

meshuggah havent listened to em for ages! been listening to the latest Soilwork album : stabbing the drama recently, totally rockin'!

probably one of the best so far.

having said that i need to get that prince album :D

All age joking aside, I hope that D+B isnt a bit OTT as by the sounds of it you like a bit more of the intelligent type breaks and stuff and I find modern D+B a bit tough going sometimes!! :)

It's fine mate, "02. Spinor Vs Falcon - One More Time - Fokuz Limited (FOKUZLTD 003)" is my taste absolutely bang on 8)

Neverite - If you find some Grooverider in your tapes, let me know!