A bloke just followed me off the main road to ask if i was selling my car. 'Sweet motor' i think were his words :)

He said he was after one so i pointed him in the direction of here, my good deed for the day.

You should have said get a probe or celica before you know it you'll be seeing a corrado everyday in the Notts area common as muck down there :lol:

Good chufty though x

From a wee while ago......

My mate was having a shot of my VR6 not long after I bought it, I was in the passenger seat with the window down, we passed a group of kids in town and one of them shouted "COOL".

I was proper happy! :lol:

Got one today off a lad at work, well sort of.

Went along the lines of:

Him " I saw you last night in your BMW"

Me :scratch: "You mean a VW Corrado"

Him " Ya the one with the black wheels"

Me " yes it has got black wheels"

Him " looks cool"

BMW :confused4: could be worst I suppose :lol:

A guy came over yesterday while I was working on the project Golf (the Corrado was parked in the garage while I worked on the Golf outside).

Apparently he used to work as a salesman in a VW dealer back in the mid '90s and said he used to sell a fair few Corrados. He used to drive a Storm as a company car, and agreed they're a fantastic drive. When I mentioned that perhaps they would have sold more if they were more competitively priced, he said that may be, but at the time they sold as soon as they came in, and there was a waiting list for Storms. He also reckoned that the reason VW stopped making the Corrado when they did was because the chassis could not accommodate a driver's airbag without significant modicifation, so they would no longer have been able to sell it in the UK and across Europe (not sure how true this is, as I'm sure that some European models have airbags?).

Only this morning I was reading this thread and thinking that it'd been a while since my last chuftie but then, like buses, two turn up today.

First was a chap crossing the road in town with his missus and the pram. I was first in the queue at the lights and he was casting quite envious looks at the badge, the grille and the motor generally.

Secondly, got back into the 'rado at Tesco as a middle aged chap and his wife were about to put their shopping into their Toyata IQ (I know). He did follow this inauspicious beginning by saying "Oh, that's one of those old Sciroccos!". Sigh. However, I pointed out that VW moved from Scirocco to Corrado and now back again and he redeemed himself by finishing with "Lovely car that".

15 years old and still turning heads. I love my Dub. :luvlove:

Compliment from the RAC bloke who came to sort the leaking fuel pipe. Praised the car, said it sounded really nice and quiet. I told him it should as it only cover about 28k :D

Again, as per members thread, RAC :notworthy:

I think this qualifies as a Chuftie.

I went to halfords the other night with a friend to get a headlight bulb(£10),sidelight bulb(£2.70) and new windscreen wipers(£16) for his corsa.........the guy working there helped find the correct wipers and i chanced my arm and asked him to put them through as trade......he laughed and asked if i'm in the motor trade........i said no and he said sorry but no, i said i did have 3 cars but this made no difference, and as a parting shot i said i was a member of a motoring club........again he laughed as he was walking away, he then asked which club(just being polite i think), i said The Corrado Club of GB........he then smiles and said.....oh i used to have a G60.......a wee bit of enthusing and 5 mins later i had a trade card :D

The discount was very good too........bill should have been approx £30.........and it was only £10.50 ish :clap: :D

i came round the corner the other day in me rado and it was running low on fuel so started popping and banging and chucking flames out the exhaust and me m8s friend said its the best sounding car hes ever heart as it sounded like a group b rally car :grin: :lol:

was in the pub wearing this t-shirt...CorrG60.jpg[/attachment:3r9occpi]

patron: "That a corrado mate?"

me: "Yeah"

patron: "VR6 is it?"

me: "not quite..."

[turns shoulder to expose "G ladder" badge on sleeve]

patron: "ahhh, G60 then yeah? always loved those cars..."

:grin:

I think this qualifies as a Chuftie.

I went to halfords the other night with a friend to get a headlight bulb(£10),sidelight bulb(£2.70) and new windscreen wipers(£16) for his corsa.........the guy working there helped find the correct wipers and i chanced my arm and asked him to put them through as trade......he laughed and asked if i'm in the motor trade........i said no and he said sorry but no, i said i did have 3 cars but this made no difference, and as a parting shot i said i was a member of a motoring club........again he laughed as he was walking away, he then asked which club(just being polite i think), i said The Corrado Club of GB........he then smiles and said.....oh i used to have a G60.......a wee bit of enthusing and 5 mins later i had a trade card :D

The discount was very good too........bill should have been approx £30.........and it was only £10.50 ish :clap: :D

Will have to try that 8)

I've been getting a load of work done on the house for the past 4 months - extension, kitchen ripped out, the lot (and it's still not finished).

As me and the mrs have 3 cars between us and we couldnt park any on the drive I've left my rado at the gym across the road over the winter.

I picked it up on Saturday to take it for an MOT and a set of KW V1s, and there was a note on the windscreen. I panicked and thought (uh oh - I bet the gym are angry that I never moved my car for months).

Anyway it turned out that the note said "I want to buy you car - please call me".

I called the guy up, just out of interest, and he is the guy that has the most amazing range of cars (he's always turning up in something new at the gym - he must be loaded). He has a White Bentley, the only pearl white Ferrari F430 in the country, a Porka carerra (not sure if its a 3 or 4) - white.

He wants to buy my car! He said he's always loved VRs and he could tell that mine was really well looked after, and that he really liked it in white. He said that he thought mine had much fewer than the 132k on it.

It turns out his daughter has a mini, and he reckons she would be better off in a rado (he had an abt golf and an r32 in the past). I think that secretly he'd like it for himself for a drive though.

He says if I let him drive it, I can drive his ferrari!

Top chuftie or what?!!!!

I'm not sure I can sell him my rado though!!!!! - the going rate for a VR seems like 3k, and she's worth a load more than that to me!

Had one tonight. Couple walking past the garage and the guy asked if it was a show car as Im always working in it. He then asks if its a G60 which is what most people seem to ask. He said the usual "dont seem many about anymore, had a VR6 and loved it". When I told him about mine he just said "thats mad" and walked away laughing.

have just spent 2 weeks changing engines and looms and all that.

Mrs has barely said anything to me about it. Thought she was a bit off with me.

Went out for a pizza with her last night in the Corrado.

Vague smile on her face.

Driving between 2 buildings either side of the road and I floored it(for the noise obviously)

She sat there and said, can we do that again...................arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Where were you when my hands were being cut to shreds and the I couldn't get the wires thru the bulkhead.

Gotta Love 'em :grin:

A mate at work has been off ill for months and he came back a few weeks ago but without transport so he asked me for a lift home, he wasn't sure what car I had now without seeing it. He's 6ft 8" so it was a bit of a squeeze :lol: anyway we got moving and after turning right at some lights onto a faster road I gave it some beans and not all of them I might add, his reaction was "fook me, what's in this?" Big grin time :grin:

was easing through esso forecourt to get out on to road. Two jap drift type yokes parked up with owners sat inside staring out at their 'rides'.

Young lad walks past front of VR, cue big smile & double thumbs up. He proceeds to walk straight past the two jap yokes parked right by the door in their 'look at my car' spots :lol: and completely ignored them :lol:

was easing through esso forecourt to get out on to road. Two jap drift type yokes parked up with owners sat inside staring out at their 'rides'.

Young lad walks past front of VR, cue big smile & double thumbs up. He proceeds to walk straight past the two jap yokes parked right by the door in their 'look at my car' spots :lol: and completely ignored them :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was out side mine washing my corrado at the weekend and trying to sort its dam cold start problem and a bloke walked past and said nice corrado mate 8)

to top it off me mrs started her new job last week as a service receptionist at my local vw dealer 5mins walk :lol: and turns out the guy is a technition there and remembers working on them when he was doing his training .ive lived in my house for 3 years and the guy lives behind my house and always walks past on his way to work never guessed he worked for vw :lol:

and the second chuftie is since putting pics of it up on here and other forums ive had about 20 pms asking to buy my wheels :D

Chufties are very much like buses: two yesterday.

Firstly the tyre place I always go to. The boss was on his way out in the van as I arrived but one of the young fellers who works there came over with an appreciative gleam in his eye. I left the car with him to have two new fronts. When I came back, the boss was coming out of the office. He smiled and said "I thought it'd be you!". I laughed and said that there can't be many Corrados that they shoe. He commented on how quiet the engine is, "sweet as a nut" being his exact words and then stated how the young feller has to be pretty much prised out of the driver's seat whenever he runs it into the shop from the car park. The boss said "I'm always there with the jack under, ready to go, telling him to get out and he won't!". All this put a huge smile on my face, despite them also telling me that it seems my driver's side wheel bearing's shot; at least I know the origin of my sudden recent intermittent weird noise from that side...

Then the key cutting place I went to for some blanks cutting noticed the Corrado key ring and passed admiring comment. Said he (after the inevitable "Is it a VR6?") "There's one round the corner from me in Kidderminster. Every time I drive past I think "I'd love one of those"...

Made my Saturday! :clap:

Let my mate drive my car yesterday…. he couldn’t believe how quick my 16 yr old VW was; it was LOL all the way. He also commented how comfortable it was and how well it handled. He’s now a Corrado convert.

It’s quite weird sitting at the passenger seat of your own car.

It’s quite weird sitting at the passenger seat of your own car.

Your missus obviously isn't a named driver on your insurance then..

Had a bit of an anti-chuftie yesterday....

Driving home along my well road-humped street slowly, povvo spec Audi TT coming the other way. There's me minding my own business, driving with care over the humps, and the cheeky TT driver approached looking at me and the car shaking his head as he passed!

Cheeky sod, what a hypocrite too!

Cheeky sod, what a hypocrite too!

Ah, go easy on him. I'm sure that his hairdressing business will have taken a real kicking during this recession.

Driving into a client's site/work the other day, show pass to copper on the gate who says "you don't see many of these around! .. its lovely."

:thumbleft:

Marc

called the AA out today after a big bang when starting her up, the bloke got out the van with a massive grin and thought he was going to say "good afternoon mate how can i help" or something.Instead his words were f**k me do them wheels rub on your arches i f**kin love corrados and proceeded to wedge his fat finger in the arch

after he sorted the broken air flow canister thingy he was giving it a bit of over entusiastic reving with the bmc giving off its roar, and he said "oh my god it sound good, too good infact"

my head grew a size

Dont you hate that? Happens to me every time I go for mot... Only thing I hear is my car reving... Im a car mechanic and I only do that when it really needs to be done.