Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

yvyne7yg.jpgnedyqyjy.jpg3ajepy5a.jpggyvyze5y.jpg

New coilovers, brakes, disks, pads and bearings fitted.

Off for paint at the end of next week.

Gave her a wash and had my little bro come over from the West Midlands with VAG-com to diagnose the ABS error (rear left sensor) no other errors.

Took her out round town but there was ton of traffic and I'm sure she was a little hesitant or misfiring on the way home, she just felt lumpy. Filled her up with fuel. I think she has crap in her fuel tank as she was low. We'll see.

My little bro is a very experienced mechanic with lots of VW experience, especially anything pre-mid-nineties (for which he has a varied collection) and while he was here, he gave her a good once over and advised that although I should expect the usual problems, I'd bought a bloody good car for her age. Chuffed to bits, after a good 8 months reading and looking she was the first I test drove and bought so the last three months ownership have not been lucky (rear ended after a month) and have been filled with the fear I had been a bit rash. Confidence restored.

Until the next issue...

Fitted new tax disc and parking permit holders (Including cleaning the old stickers off with petrol ;) then cleaned inside and out. Good night had!

MOT passed today so back on the road after being sorned since September last year. Was good to get behind the wheel again :)

New front Discs and pads, rear pads, braided hoses, replaced the rusted brake lines (there were many) and found a hole in the rear sill that needs welding this afternoon :bad-words:

Not really done anything, but was told that my newly refurbished headlining will be ready next week, to go with my newly working sunroof. Tilt AND slide. :-D

Not really done anything, but was told that my newly refurbished headlining will be ready next week, to go with my newly working sunroof. Tilt AND slide. :-D

BIB - that's just showing off! Mine has a broken slider and it's leaking so mine comes with in-car shower when it's been raining ;)

Only thing I've done with mine is drive it with the biggest grin. Oh and I stuck a "V-dub" fish (like a Jesus fish but with wheels) in the window. She's running like a dream (for now)

got a call from the body shop.....respray in full swing! gotta find some time off to put it all back together

excited much!!

Fixed my water leak big thanks to joeblogs pointed out all the parts on here and added a little bit of bling to my engine bay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78616[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78618[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78617[/ATTACH]

Edited by Micky fletch

Tried to get my new shiny billet radiator elbow on, but couldn't get the bolts out from the old one. They are spinning in the sleeves. Anyone any ideas?

Possibly hacksaw the heads off and go from there? Maybe chop them and stick some nuts/washers on? Just a quick idea off the top of my head... I'd be prepared for the worst though in case something breaks.

G60 is still off the road, never been so dirty! :-( But finally got around to fitting the Red anodised C.O pot pipe.

co-pot-pipe-anodised.jpg

co-pot-tube-fitted.jpg

looks good riley, roger cheers for the offer dude.......bit far though I'm in north devon, should have it covered just got to find time around work

ill get some pics up when done

Repaired my sunroof for the first time! Working so far....chuffed!

Just hope I've aligned it correctly and it doesn't "whistle" when I take it out for the first time!

Levelled off my suspension... Sort of. The driver side rear still needs a tweak up 5mm or so.

Got my number plate fitted at Colbornes Guildford, replaced Indicator Side Repeater & ordered some new Corrado mats from Veedubmachine

Given it a proper wash and polish ready to get myself to stonor park tomorrow

pu7emyme.jpg

Even did the wheels for once

Washed and dried her before starting the mammoth task that is clearing out the garage for her. 10 years since we bought the house and not one car has made me want to do it before now :) fingers crossed she'll be in by tomorrow night. No more rain coming through the leaky broken sunroof* :dance:

*it's on the list.

Edited by DPS

Reset the sunroof motor so it closes correctly on the close button rather than randomly going too far past.

Went to the scrappy and scoured over various Veedubs trying to find a suitable interior light spring clip. Paid £5 for a polo interior light, got it home compared it with the Corrado light and realised the clip is a different size. Squashed one of the clips a bit with a pair of pliers and got it to work so that'll do for the time being. Then finally got round to cleaning up the headliner, first time in 6 years of ownership!

Enthusiasm is returning!