Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Replaced front indicators for the ones in far better condition (also replaced all rusted screws and checked bulbs)

Touch-up painted few cracks on the front bumper

ps. Was there any particular reason VW decided to use "non stainless steel" screws on things like headlights, indicators, etc... It seems really daft not to go with stainless steel in first place - I don't think it was to limit the cost, was it?

trial fitted the VDO gauges 8) Also clayed the car and started to clean the interior. Got lots I want to do tomorrow before the AGM on Sunday but unfortunately one of my neighbours is having some building work done, so just leave the car for 2 mins and it's covered in red dust again :(

Taxed it and applied an all important emerald.com sticker to my windscreen. May even drive it tomorrow!!

Technically this was yesterday now...

Finally fitted my audioscape pods. I was going to wait until I had new speakers but with a few unexpected expenses that isn't likely to happen for a while longer. So I made some adapters to fit my old smaller speakers into them and then swapped them over. Unfortunately I then spent several hours taking down the rattles I introduced. And by the time I finished that I was working by torch in the dark lol.

and cup holder

Picture002.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

That rear cup holder and little tray looks great mate. Did you do that yourself?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

and cup holder

Picture002.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

That rear cup holder and little tray looks great mate. Did you do that yourself?

That is some seriously nice Recaro interrior. And cupholder too!!

What is that from?

Wanted to clay mine today, but as I had just taken it out of the garage, it began to rain and hail ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Not had any input on here really as I had a back injury not long after getting my rado and it is only now, post op that I am getting the niggles sorted.

Took the passenger seat out in September 2011 to start, ha..ha... Cables bent due to some ediot messing about underneath and some locating bits snapped off. Over the past few days (I'm a semi-crip so bear with me!!) I have repaired the cable mounts and fitted new cables, Fitted a boost gauge and also a volt and old pressure gauge set-up. Panel made from scrap plastic and all wired in and working. The rado is a pretty decent place to be so I am only looking to tackle any minor things and keep it basically as is. Hope this is to some ones liking. Gauges are yellow as my car is a Nugget G.

That is some seriously nice Recaro interrior. And cupholder too!!

What is that from?

The Recaro front seats are from a 'Toyota Surf' ,the rears were trimmed in the same material as the fronts.

The cup holder would normaly be fitted to a bus drivers door! I know it's april 1st but it's not a wind up.:shrug:

fitted short shifter - crisper shifts

fitted new gear knob - smarter interior

fitted new exhaust hangers - less wobble and no banging from the exhaust!

Hi 4eyes2wheels,

May i ask what short shift you have fitted?

Cheers,

Redfox.

It's the Daves16v one ( http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?61985-Corrado-Short-Shifter&highlight=shifter ). The instructions are very good and apart from it taking me ages (because I'm a klutz) to grind away the bit of metal to get the pin out and a bit of fun adjusting things, the result is very pleasing. It really is a shorter throw up and down. Second to third is brilliant!

Great. Now, how about a G60 one Dave? Ups Dave, I forgot to take a picture. It's been pouring down, so will try to see tomorrow.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Fitted a rebuilt 90Amp Bosch alternator to replace the tired old 65Amp original, very good service from GSF via ebay arrived next day with free delivery, took old one back to local branch & got surcharge re-funded same day.

The G60 had also been weeping fuel from the pressure switch connected by short pipe to fuel rail, ordered new switch on Thurs, collected & fitted it today. Stopped the occasional whiff of V power in the cab, heady stuff

---------- Post added at 8:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:43 PM ----------

Edited by Album56
double entry

Got it straight though it's first MOT in my ownership :)

Jay

First is always the worst Jay isn't it mate. All the unknown horrors ha..ha... Mine went back end of last year and all it needed was the numberplate light twisting and the front calliper changed. Well happy with that

2 things

Sunroof and Headlining

Sunroof didn't want to open. Could see that the motor was attempting to turn - because I had taken the cover off to do part 2 here. So I manually opened and closed and tilted the roof, then tried the switches again and it worked. But it was slow on the sliding closed. Tilt was OK.

Any ideas why it might have stuck or be slow/juddery on the closing direction?

Fixed the headlining. The fabric was coming away from the backing around the sunvisors so was saggy. I opened the sunroof removed the strip round the sunroof opening. pulled the fabric away from the backing where it hadn't already fallen off. Behind the fabric was an Irn Bru coloured sticky mess. On the passenger side I cleaned this off as best as I could. Then sprayed the hard backing with 3M Art spraymount stuff. Gave it half a minute then put the fabric back. This seems to be holding. On the driver side I didn't bother trying to clean the Irn Bru stuff off. It was really sticky and difficult to remove on the passenger side so I didn't disturb the driver side at all. This side looks OK too.

Will let you know if this holds and if there is any difference passenger vs driver side.

Changed the fuelfilter, fuellines, oil, plug, filter, coolant, flushed the coolant system, and got some new better clips on it all. About time, as the Corrado just began to smell of petrol, and the fuellines were completely and utterly rotten from the inside.

The day before I got it rolled, and it being a standard engine I am well satisfied with 177 Hp and 228 Nm.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

130 mile round trip to get an estimate for some work from a trusted body shop. The car got quite a but of attention while there.

Fixed right side main beam, lead had fallen out of uprated wiring loom! Fitted new rear number plate holder and plate, looking great.