Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Looks wise, halogen on the left of the pic, LED on the right

[ATTACH]81793[/ATTACH]

All done

[ATTACH]81794[/ATTACH]

I'm sure it would be appreciated by all if you'd start a thread with links etc as most of us put up with awful lighting for most of the time.

Do you have an uprated loom? Is there any difference with the loom or is it not needed with the LEDs

Went to the bi-anual inspection today, and my Corrado G60 sailed right through the inspection.

THe inspector remarked that he had not seen such a nice Corrado both technically and cosmetic, for 15 years ;)

Happy days ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Not today, but Monday. Drove 410 miles from Basingstoke to Cumbernauld & Glasgow. Didn't miss a beat :)

Got asked to jump start a newish Polo as I drove into a car park. I popped open my bonnet and the other driver couldn't believe how simple it was to get to the battery to put the leads on. In contrast to the simplicity of mine he'd also just walked to Halfords to get a new battery to be told he needs a specific VW one. WTF??

Replaced the starter motor and fitted a shiny vr6 engine cover, went for a drive....tried to open bonnet to check oil.... cable snapped!

Test fitting wiring, and the TEVES 20 ABS Controller.

Pulled out the old TEVES 2 harness, what a rats nest. Figured out most of the TEVES 20 wiring, and what needs to be spliced into the the CE2.

Spent yesterday cutting up the MKIV ABS bracket and fabricating a custom one fitted to the car.

I wanted to mock everything up to make sure all the custom stuff was going to fit.

19262771060_dc1e840f97_q.jpg

Spent far too much time in the heat breathing in solvents! Finally got finished removing all the old glue from the soundproofing and will fit the new tonight.c8d09d719273fa800d44b9296da75d1a.jpgb6c52cef28dc4f6e46ff6233bc79228f.jpg

1. Fitted new alternator belt

2. Fitted new power steering belt whilst I was down that neck of the woods

3. Fitted a new water hose as the last one was the original and was in an awfully tatty state

Spent far too much time in the heat breathing in solvents! Finally got finished removing all the old glue from the soundproofing and will fit the new tonight.c8d09d719273fa800d44b9296da75d1a.jpgb6c52cef28dc4f6e46ff6233bc79228f.jpg

what did u use to get that off?

More last week than today, but picked up the Storm from the paint shop after a full back to metal, windows out respray and took it over to my regular garage to be MoT'd. Looks absolutely mint, chuffed to bits - all the crap 5/10 paintwork and flaws and the dent where some dickhead jumped on my bonnet are gone, mix of new and refurbished trim. Can't wait to get it back and on the road.

I'll stick up some pics of the respray etc in the next few days.

I did mine with white spirit in a garden sprayer, soak for about 10 mins then old barclaycard or MyWaitrose card to scrap.

Took of the masking from my respray and put on all the parts I'd taken off during the respray i.e bumpers, lights, antenna, spoiler side indicators. Now just waiting for my sand blasting gun to arrive to strip the wheels and give them a respray too :)

I did mine with white spirit in a garden sprayer, soak for about 10 mins then old barclaycard or MyWaitrose card to scrap.

Same as me, the adhesive remover I bought was too volatile and evaporated off (mostly in to my lungs I think) far to quickly to get the job done and left me with a mother of a headache

Went to see my storm grey vr,still not running after 6 months,since the 3.2 went in.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel plus biking everywhere is not the same

Changed my gear knob to the original, put up with some horrible red thing that I have swiftly disposed of for too long.

Started with Evo Stick solvent remover but ended up using white spirit and a credit card! Slightly less toxic and worked just as well.

Well today was the first time in over a year the VR6 has moved.

Fitted a new clutch slave and master cylinder, bled up in 2 mins and all is good.washed the green off the car and infected it for everything it will need for an mot. Luckily just looking like 2 tyres and a rear wiper blade.

Master cylinder though was not the exact same. Plunger, orientation and pipe work including bleed nipple was. But the mounting holes were 6 mm through holes instead of 8mm threaded for studs. So a couple of 6mm 8.8 bolts, larger washers and some nylon nuts and a bit of help from the wife and it was bolted up in about 15 mins.

Drove the car back and forward on the drive, brakes are free with working hand brake.

Oh the only other things that have taken a turn for the worse is the roof mouldings have finally perished and starting to fall apart and a few of the stone chips around the car have started to have a little surface rust. So need to treat and tidy those up.

So plans are to get it mot'd next week and start using it again.

Forgot to add. Got some nice bbs forged wheels in 16" that need a little love and the centres machined out so wheels getting changed in the near future along with the bilstein kit.

Well today was the first time in over a year the VR6 has moved.

Fitted a new clutch slave and master cylinder, bled up in 2 mins and all is good.washed the green off the car and infected it for everything it will need for an mot. Luckily just looking like 2 tyres and a rear wiper blade.

Master cylinder though was not the exact same. Plunger, orientation and pipe work including bleed nipple was. But the mounting holes were 6 mm through holes instead of 8mm threaded for studs. So a couple of 6mm 8.8 bolts, larger washers and some nylon nuts and a bit of help from the wife and it was bolted up in about 15 mins.

Drove the car back and forward on the drive, brakes are free with working hand brake.

Oh the only other things that have taken a turn for the worse is the roof mouldings have finally perished and starting to fall apart and a few of the stone chips around the car have started to have a little surface rust. So need to treat and tidy those up.

So plans are to get it mot'd next week and start using it again.

You "infected" it. What with? ;)