Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

I spent ages sat in the boot getting a sticker off the back window - only to totally bodge the new one I put in.

:(

hate getting stickers wrong! i got a gwerks sticker that i thought was suposed to go on the inside of the window needless to say it didnt! skrewg is not a well know g60 tuner!!

yletul-ydoolb-osba :?

is that welsh? :lol:

oh! i fit the baby seat in the rado today :D and took baby izzy for a drive,she loves tha konigsports :lol:

yletul-ydoolb-osba :Confused:

is that welsh? :Laughing:

yup... but you dont wanna know what it means :lol:

More of a 'what I did yesterday' really.

Spent 9 hours at Stealth having rear axel bushes & front suspension top mounts done.

Drive home was awsome (where there was no traffic). Thankfully I am on holiday today too and am about to drive to Portsmouth. can't wait :)

Yesterday I spent 3 hours cleaning it and got a quote for my minor body work 'adjustments' and repair... will be saving beer money for a few months I think :lol:

And had a the first proper drive of it in near on 3 years - I'd forgotten how good it feels to be approaching a ton by the end of a slip road :D

Yesterday I spent 3 hours cleaning it and got a quote for my minor body work 'adjustments' and repair... will be saving beer money for a few months I think :lol:

And had a the first proper drive of it in near on 3 years - I'd forgotten how good it feels to be approaching a ton by the end of a slip road :D

Oooh blimey, you actually did something to it! :lol:

Not what I did myself but took the TDI in to Stealth for the biggie - the 120k service which is a major service PLUS cambelt PLUS waterpump change.. also had the auxiliary belt changed and the gearbox oil changed.

Had it confirmed that my alternator is actually seriously on its way out and that the awful blowing that has developed on my car in the past few days is actually down to the cat having rusted away where it joins the mid section of the exhaust! So basically new downpipe and cat required as they come as one unit.

On the plus side, despite the noise from the exhaust, the car feels SO much better for its service. Pickup from the turbo is so much smoother and really low down the rev range, gear change is nice and slick again, and it just feels like a much happier car - and i'm a happier owner! Just need to find what I spent today all over again for the alternator/exhaust and the labour :( Boo :(

These Golfs sound like expensive business Jim, time to get a more affordable car...hmm like maybe a Corrado ;)

Well downpipe i'm gonna have to buy but got my eye on an alternator on eBay - only prob is its collection only from Rotherham! Bit of a trek but if it saves me £100+ then its worth it!

Took my Solitudes off to be refurbed and replaced them with these mint wheels (from a golf VR) which I got from rocco-jocco. They'll only be on the car for a month or so but think they look pretty good for 15's! What d'ya reckon?

Paid for my HIDs for the In Pro's and got the Milltek fitted to the Bora, absolutely awesome exhaust note now

Finally got my electric mirrors to work properly (ever since putting in the late interior, pressing up sent them down, and left sent them right). Solved it by taking the mirror off and swapping round the feeds to the motor.... That one has been bugging me for ages.

Also started on a set of tweeter builds, and fixed a scuffed alloy as well - good productive day...

Decided today was the day to fix my heated passenger seat, which has never worked since I've owned the car. I was fully prepared to do the full strip down to fix a broken element, however I was robbed of a job when upon unplugging the seat I found that someone had jammed the plug in the wrong way round, I flipped it round and now passengers too can enjoy the feeling of a sizzly bottom :lol:

Oh I also fitted my new DDI door sills, mmmmm, shiney.

Tightened up my offside inner cv joint as it had manged to come loose and was just about to spit its dummy out. (Good job I had a good nosey around it on the ramp!!)

yesterday - snapped bonnet cable, swore, kicked it, got bonnet open... next on the to do list - replce damn cable, fit new HT lead, dizzy cap and grill :roll:

and grill

was that from kicking it?! :lol:

nope, from levering out of the way so I could get a wire coathanger hooked around the bonnet catch to release it... ;) bloody awkward i tell thee...

not today, but last week decided to replace the cabin air intake seal, and hey presto! - no puddles in the footwell when it rains!

gradeAfailure, thats on my to do list!

this weekend, had new suspension bushes and new discs and pads fitted. And also passed its MOT!

although I think the wipers may be dying a slow death