Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Supercharged J - How did you remove the trim of the hand brake without removing the handbrake handle?

Does the handbrake handle pull off towards the front of the car, was trying to do that yesterday and it wont budge! :bad-words:

Fitted Mk1 Golf acc rubber pedal cover to match the new rubber brake/clutch ones fitted last week.

Brake/Clutch rubber covers = £2 for both from GSF

Acc Rubber from Mk1 = £5.60 from Stealers! :bad-words:

Started sorting out rust on rear wheel arch. Temporary repair untill funds allow a trip to bodyshop later in year.

Supercharged J - How did you remove the trim of the hand brake without removing the handbrake handle?

Does the handbrake handle pull off towards the front of the car, was trying to do that yesterday and it wont budge! :bad-words:

Yeah the handle bit of the handbrake should slide forward off the lever itself, annoyingly i actually managed to break the bottom part of the trim, so how it just lifts off :lol:

but the handle does come off that way, think it slides into a notch in the trim piece, so you might have to put some force into it!

Good luck!!!

Ian

Took car to Volkswagen to get the following changed:

- gearbox oil changed

- new rear brake discs

- new rear brake pads

- handbrake cables fitted

- goodridge braided brake hoses fitted

- brake fluid renewed

Ordered:

- aero wiper for the rear (to match the front)

:luvlove:

Finished spraying the wheelarch, now no rust but finish is shite. :( Can't seem to feather the edges or get a proper smooth shine finish.

Fitted 2nd hand roof bars I've had for six months and bike carrier my gf bought me. Not sure if this is sacrilege. :shock:

She wasn't too happy when she walked in while I was hacking the carrier to pieces with the saw! :nuts: Had to shorten it so the boot lid would open fully.

Gave the car a old clean and also retrimmed the c pillar and a pillar drivers side which is currently sitting in the loft which loads of pegs on it

Fitted new valve cover gasket :D

Fixed drivers side repeater, dodgy bulb holder

Fitted new exhaust bung

Started spraying up a Passat rear door handle, fo fit somewhen in the next week or two

That's it, it's sold....

:pale:

My daily driver is now a 75 year old Morris!

Yesterday i gave the old girl a good clean inside and out along with a polish and wax. She looked her best for the photos for the insurance valuation :D

looked at it and contemplated setting fire to it

then i fixed the fault thats been pissing me off for 2 months :) by chance of course :clap:

Fired her up for the first time since swapping engines! :clap: Should be back on the road soon enough :norty:

On Saturday, Supercharged and I fitted nice shiny new OE injectors, as well as nice clean new sandblasted rocker cover and upper and lower inlet manifold sections. Really brightened the bay up quite a lot!

New injectors were really worth doing - it's really smoothed out the performance of my car quite considerably. No longer lumpy at low speeds / low revs and pulls really nice and clean all the way through to the red line. Very happy despite the horrendous cost! Need to get my old ones removed from the manifold, refurbed, and then eBay'ed I think now! :)

Jim - get some pics up!

SuperchargedJunkie - nice to see the inside of another G60 engine that colour - seen a few now, all G60's - no idea why they go like that as normal 8v's always look brand new... must be either the forced induction or high oil temps that make them go that colour I think!

Not done today but over the last week in between working on bro's van fitted new camshaft sensor and rocker cover gasket, no leaks now and feck it feels so much more like it should with a new sensor, pulls hard and doesn't feel flat anymore :D

Dropped mine off yesterday to be (i believe) the first forum customer of DG Autotech (aka Crazydave and Nemesis360)!

Nothing groundbreaking being done, although i seem to be in a bit of a strange mood at the moment so watch this space.. For the moment it is general servicing, fixing the Schrick vacuum, fitting a Mocal and maybe some shiny fan brackets :)

Changed rear pads and handbrake cables, re-attached driveshafts and took the new block for its first test drive 8) - I'm SO glad the clutch operated properly! :clap: My previous coolant leak also seems to have vanished :confused4: