Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Aerial stolen - UPDATED with pics of suspect Corrado

Parked my car in a multi storey car park yesterday evening - managed to find an awesome looking corrado to park next to - park next to it took some pics on my camera phone then moved the car so it was still close to the other corrado - but not in the disabled bay (as that was where this guy parked - shoulda realised then he'd be a dogey character).

Get back to my car some hours later - the other Corrado is gone - but so is my aerial!!!! It was the end of the aerial that just screwes out - after looking again at the photos of the other car i took before his was missing!!

Ok the car numberplate was: "DI 4MIT" - it was black.. debadged.. later style with the clear rear light clusters and customer rear bumper with the numberplate in it.. when i manage to get a data cable for my phone i'll post up the photos!

I feel quite petty posting this after mark just had his whole car stolen - so forgive me mark - but im still quite annoyed by this - id expect better from a fellow Corrado owner :cry:

This was in Wimbledon area by the way - south west london.

... and customer rear bumper...

Spot the computer-based support person. Fingers unable to type "custom" without adding the "er"??? ;)

Steal an aerial off a Vauxhall. They're the same.

Thats not the kinda crap you expect from a fellow Rado owner really, but then I know of one particular owner in the city who's a bit shady who drives a G60.. and i'm not talking about Tempest! ;) :D

I've met a Corrado owner in Coventry a few times - once when I had my Saxo. He was at a tyre centre and I tried to tell him about the forum and asked about when he last had his charger reconditioned. He seemed totally uninterested. Then my sister saw him recently at a petrol station and told him about her brother having a Corrado.. he then followed her and proceeded to prowl around the streets near our house either looking for where she went or my Corrado! Probably to pilfer bits from or something... :|

There should be some sort of vetting procedure if someone's buying a nice dub to weed out people like that and force them to buy a Chavalier instead! :lol:

That sucks mate - it may not be anything major, but it's the principle of the thing...

Pretty crap thing to happen, has happened to me twice in the past on my own Corrado's. However, 90 % of the bee-sting style aerials from most modern cars will fit and pretty sure they are quite cheap too,

Cheers

So you did'nt see him steal it, did'nt see the stolen item in or on his car (as the car had already gone by then) yet you assume that as he parked in a disabled bay he stole your aerial.

Are you sure you don't work in the American Intelligance Community as that is one hell of a leap with no evidence to suport it.

As someone pointed out above Vauxhall's have the same fitment aerial as I'm sure others do, so perhaps another unscrupulous motorists stole it.

Mighty suspicious though....

Exhibit 1 - A Corrado is hardly a suitable car for someone with a disability bad enough to justify parking in the disabled zone.

Exhibit 2 - No aerial present on his car in photo evidence.

Exhibit 3 - Aerial missing when returned to car.

People have been hung and jailed on thinner evidence than that over the years.....

destructiv dave, ah yes but his was missing which is conclusive evidence

... or perhaps there is a thief around the car park who stole both of them?

People have been hung and jailed on thinner evidence than that over the years.....

"... and if she weighs the same as a duck ... ?"

"burn her!!!"

Ah, the judicial system in feudal Essex..

need to find the thief, and repeatedlycrack his knuckles with the said Aerial.

them things bloody hurt! I used to take mine off and leave it in the house when i didnt have a garage, cos ive had them go missing before. One day my sister decided to pick it up and smack me with it "for a laugh" They bloody hurt!

A1 4MIT looks as though he may be asian, cos he's trying to spell his name Amit - an indian name. So he lives in Hounslow/wimbledon and his name is Amit!!

Well as usual it is, with the exception of Marks recent loss, the little things that tend to really get peoples backs up.

Although you have to admit that if the other Corrado owner did take it they must have been having a pretty dumb day.

I know of one particular owner in the city who's a bit shady who drives a G60.. and i'm not talking about Tempest!

Oooeeerrrr ! *putsonshadyshades* 8)

Wasn't there once a theory that all owners of WHITE Corrados are drug dealers or something? I think the BBC once made that statement on their Top Gear website ... :lol: Well, that's me branded then.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the seemingly minute yet nonetheless very irritating theft.

Tempest

A1 4MIT looks as though he may be asian, cos he's trying to spell his name Amit - an indian name. So he lives in Hounslow/wimbledon and his name is Amit!!

"amit " in a german car which is has the prefix " D "= "ADMIT" , this is obviously a confession

book him dan o

:D

As someone pointed out above Vauxhall's have the same fitment aerial

Yes, I find Tigra aerials look particularly fetching on a C.

I have a collection of them at home if you'd like me to post you one. :)

I HATE Tigras! :mad:

Bloody Corsa's for Chav Hairdressers! :mad:

Ok after FINALLY pulling my finger out and getting a data cable for my phone here are the pictures of the suspect car - someone must recongnise this thing! Apologies for the rubbish quality of the pics.