Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Highest Millage in one Calender Year

Its coming up to 12 months of Corrado ownership for me - and despite my doubts about the Corrado i picked in the end - i have to say its held up very well indeed. I've had it 11 1/2 months and its been in use almost everyday - the daily commute to work and back is about 45 miles round trip - weekend is even more driving.

I am set for the millage for this year being between 17k and 18k.

Just wondering what the highest number of miles anyone here has put on their C in a single year? Anyone going to top the 18k?

Also during this time i've had surprisingly little thats needed doing for maintenance - only broke down once when the gear linkage broke [1st day of owndership too!] - apart from that its been a very reliable and low maintenance car - and it was dirt cheap for me too!

So - any advances on 18k miles in one year?

My g/f does at least 22K in her little Saxo. Im more like 8-10k per year

Hmm well i try to keep the long distance stuff to the 1.8 8v Gti that my gf now drives. Keeping the C miles to a minimum seeing its a thirsty old girl and also the other Golf is limited to 4500 miles a year on classic insurance.

I bought said Gti with 110000 miles on the clock in Jan 2001, now its approaching 190,000 miles and on its 3rd engine. None of the previous engines were changed due to major engine destruction. I think my record was 24,000 miles in a year when i was doing 50 miles a day to work and the gf lived in london.

During 1998 I did just under 27,000 miles in my C (had 1 major and two minor services) as I was driving to Sheffield and back from Leicester each day.

This year, so far 147 miles :)

I had done 22,000 miles in the year between my two MOT's, was quite shocked, but I guess doing 40 miles a day to work doesn't help!

Jay

had mine 10 months and ive done over 20k...nearly 4K or them were going to spain ..but ive clocked up a few more than i would have liked!.

I've done 14k MOT to MOT, probably the most I've ever done in a year. I doubt the corrado will see another 14k under my ownership though :(

I'm currently doing about 800 miles a week in my Rado, it definitely feels better for it

26K per year in J-DUB before I started with all the engine work (read as "off road time"...)

My Grey one has done 9.5K miles since late January when I picked her up... work that out and it's about 27K miles per year... :|

Im set for around 20k in my vr each year i think, but if you want to here something amazing check this!

Looking for my raddo a couple of months back i bought a rust free jetta 1.6td for £150 the guy had it from new. This is not a joke but he commuted to germany every week in it, back at the weekend and it had 319,000 miles on. WAIT FOR IT..........head had never been off and it was still on its original turbo. I had every bill from day one including petrol receipts, it was true. and its second clutch at 229,000. It still drove perfectly and used no oil or water in the 2 months/4000 mls i drove it!

I had a lhasa green mk1 campaign in 1990 with 69k on, had it 7 yrs and sold it with 288,000 and the only thing i ever replaced was the water pump, and then just oil and plugs.

My corrado has used 15 times as many bits as these put together in the first month ive had it...........BUT I LOVE IT !

Crikey.. factoring in fuel, Eurotunnel, and insurance costs surely he would have been better off flying and saving up frequent flyer miles?! Madness...

VW diesels of that era were built like tanks.

Shell have a 1600 TD engine in their headquarters that covered over 500,000 miles (exclusively on Shell diesel and engine oil) on the original block and head. They only bought it off the chap because they wanted to examine it and found it had no appreciable wear. They paid for him to have a new engine fitted IIRC....

Mad....but daily used cars and ones that do a lot of motorway miles exhibit a LOT less wear than commuter cars used irregularly.

My C has did 684m between last feb and this feb!!! And it's just done 965m in the last week and a half - only 35m to go before the 1k service on the new engine and then I can open her up and see what she's really like 8)

My X reg 2.0 16V Pug 406 has done 162K and thats on an X plate :shock:

VW diesels of that era were built like tanks.

Shell have a 1600 TD engine in their headquarters that covered over 500,000 miles (exclusively on Shell diesel and engine oil) on the original block and head. They only bought it off the chap because they wanted to examine it and found it had no appreciable wear. They paid for him to have a new engine fitted IIRC....

Mad....but daily used cars and ones that do a lot of motorway miles exhibit a LOT less wear than commuter cars used irregularly.

Wicked, they can have my lump off me when I get shot of it then! :D

edit - they probably wouldn't in retrospect. the diesel burns less oil ;)

Based on the service history (stealer stamped) the previous owner of my VR6 put 25k on the clock in 10 months.

Corrado VR6's were on the BT company car list so quite posible that alot did high mileage early on in there lives..

I've done 15k's between MOT's!!

I did a little over 23k in 2002. About 3,200 miles of that was just travelling to VW shows in the UK!

i was doing around 4k in my vr6,will be doing a lot less this year seeing as ive taken it off the road,my pug 405 diesel has got 246k on the clock and runs perfect