Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

The All New Lupo Aero Wiper Conversion Thread!!

The information from this thread has now been compiled into a Wiki article, so I've locked and un-stickied this thread.

Should VW, in their immense wisdom, decide to change the part numbers again, then drop one of the mods a PM and we'll update the Wiki article.

==========================

Ok, I've locked the old thread as it was way to long and almost unreadable...

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153

The wipers are no longer available from VAG or GPC as a set (arm and blade) and you need to buy the seperate parts...

Here is what you need with RRP prices inc VAT...

2 of 6x2 955 410c £35.78 ea.

1 of 6x2 955 426 £12.33

1 of 1J2 955 425B £12.87

This will give you

2X Driver's Arms

1x Passenger's Blade

1x Driver's Blade

This lot comes to around £96 but if you ask for discount you should be able to get them for around the £75 mark, especially as this whole conversion used to cost about £33 all in!

Hope this helps - Information correct as of July 2005

Not wanting to start another 'mega' thread :lol: but is there any reason you need 2 of the same arms? Could never really answer that from the other thread

I used two drivers arms and two drivers blades. Got the lot for £64 all in thanks to a very nice parts man!!

These wipers are well worth the money. Super impressed!

What was the deal for a rear wiper again? Was it 1X passenger setup, then drill out the pin on the carrier hub and reattach?

ta

edit - actually thinking about it, wouldn't a LHD wiper work better, cos RHD would be upside down?

If like me you're a bit strapped for cash you still use the Haywire method of grinding down the arm limiting lobes in the wiper arm to increase wiper pressure on the screen. Plus I'm sure Halfrauds will have some similar wiper arms soon? Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to the Lupo ones?

Does anyone know if the seat arosa wiper arms are the same but cheaper? or will they know it's for a corrado and bump the price up accordingly :)

you can now buy the aero blades for std arms.. but in my opinion to make these work as they should you need to take 3mm off the stubs under the std wipers there has been a "how-to" on this for years on the ccgb site if anyone needs to know how its done.

this mod works fantastic well worth it, now that ive done this mod the standard rear wiper looks pants is thier a mod to match it up with the newer front wipers??? does a lupo rear wiper fit on??

I did the rear wiper on my C - you get another Lupo arm (any one will do, try and find one that's got a similar length blade to your rear C one) then cut the arm about 2" from the wiper end.

You then cut your original C arm in a similar place.

Then, using your friend that can weld - weld the lupo arm and blade bit onto your original C arm.

Not wanting to start another 'mega' thread but is there any reason you need 2 of the same arms? Could never really answer that from the other thread

The passenger arm is indeed too long.

Also, if you open the bonnet with the arm in the down position it fouls on the rear edge of the bonnet and scrapes the paint off :(

I've been making enquiries with a local motorfactor to see if there is an alternative supplier for the blades as £35 each is a little steep!

I'm sure I saw some on the GSF stand at Inters for £20 per blade.

Ok, I've locked the old thread as it was way to long and almost unreadable...

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153

The wipers are no longer available from VAG or GPC as a set (arm and blade) and you need to buy the seperate parts...

Here is what you need with RRP prices inc VAT...

2 of 6x2 955 410c £35.78 ea.

1 of 6x2 955 426 £12.33

1 of 1J2 955 425A £12.87

This will give you

2X Driver's blades

1x Passenger's arm

1x Driver's arm

This lot comes to around £96 but if you ask for discount you should be able to get them for around the £75 mark, especially as this whole conversion used to cost about £33 all in!

Hope this helps - Information correct as of July 2005

have you got the arms and the blades mixed up there ?

and dinkus.

weld?

wouldnt you be better to take off the old arm, and at the bottom where the flat metal "arm" section is attatched, the metal wraps around the arm and is clamped on. undo that, cut the lupo arm, insert, re tighten. perhaps respray them too.

would look alot better IMO.

I thought it was trendy to take the rear wiper off and leave it off ?

I was thinking of doing this as the spoiler stops the screen getting cr.p on it unlike the mk1s and 2s i have had which go black in a few miles!

yeah...but its a bit of a ballache to get the rear wiper mech out.......you have to remove the spoiler mech etc to get it out...

weld?

wouldnt you be better to take off the old arm, and at the bottom where the flat metal "arm" section is attatched, the metal wraps around the arm and is clamped on. undo that, cut the lupo arm, insert, re tighten. perhaps respray them too.

Yup, that would probably work too...

have you got the arms and the blades mixed up there ?

Errr yeah that is wrong but I didn't add it... Dinkus???

I'll correct it now

weld?

Yup, that would probably work too...

it would also look 10x better in most scenarios too im guessing.

i reckon your mate is one bloody good welder to do that, and not see any join. or god of welding even, cause it wouldnt be easy to be 100% straight and un noticeable.

where as say jons mate dave has a welder...... :lol:

its also the perfect way to retro fit these wipers onto a mki or mk2 say, as they have different spindle size's.

I thought it was trendy to take the rear wiper off and leave it off ?

Yep, the rear wiper looks pants imo.... a bit of Rain X on the rear screen and you don't need a rear wiper!

I use lupo arms on the front with standard blades. The lupo blades are pants....been using them since March 03 and they seem to last about 2 months and then start juddering...... silky smooth with the standard blades for 6 months at least.

corradowales,

it`s easy to remove the rear wiper, did it in 10 mins, although my mate had a `mare!

just lucky then i reckon

yeah...but its a bit of a ballache to get the rear wiper mech out.......you have to remove the spoiler mech etc to get it out...

I didnt have to :roll:

I bought one arm on Ebay and was going to get the other from vag in the end I didnt bother and used a car polish on the glass and buffed it back to nothing.

They wipe well but it needs reapplying every so often with original arms and wipers.