Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

what else chews a hole in your wallet??

as i'm a very recent member (having just acquired a black '96 VR6), forgive me if this has been posted b4, but i'm interested in what other cars do Forum members have jockeying with your 'Rado for a spot in the garage, blocking their driveway or disgruntling the neighbours for taking all the spaces in your street??

at the moment i have - '55 Oval VW (restoration job waiting for my payrise), '67 VW 1300 (my first car - and slow as it may be, i still can't part with the fella!), a '97 Ibiza Cupra (cheap rouand-town fun, sadly soon to be set loose now that the VR6 is the daily driver) and a recently rescued from a field near Winchester '56 Tatra 603 (how absurd is a 3L aircooled V8??)...

My Puma Racing had to go - running costs were stupidly high - even when compared to the Corrado.

Biggest expense is the wife

My 2005 Yamaha R1 has cost me a few quid in the last month - a new pair of tyres and an un-needed stone through the radiator yesterday equate to more than I've spent on the Corrado in the last year. Worth every penny though.

A Caddy Project with my mates!

C2.jpg

Money and work is split 4 ways so its a good cheap laf!

2 Roccos, a Mk1 Rieger and a Mk2 Storm, both garaged with the Rado blocking / guarding the Mk1 Rocco :lol:

None of the 3 used as daily cars, for that I'm fortunate enough to be able to use my legs and walk into work, thus saving loads of money on useless commuting (the idea alone: To have to pay money in order to be able to earn money :-( ), which is spent on the 3 cars :-)

Tempest

jeez thats a few roccos!

plans for caddy is to have front crash damaged repaired,mot'd and slammed along with some other little tricks! 8) :lol: Ill keep you's updated

The shell is amazing though!

rado,golf,bike,twin boys aged 16 and last but def not least in the expense stakes my wife

and a bit of an ebay fetish :-)

Fencing equipment (that's swords not planks) :) Broke 2 blades in 2 weeks and need better protective clothing as the regulations are changing.

mine/my dads concours mk1,50k miles from new.

my spotline,and the old mk1 which looks nothing like it used to :(

i miss it.

The Syncro is easily the most expensive car I have had just with the fuel it gets through. Off the road following the discovery of the front tyres being nearly thought to the cords due to ripped to shreds rear wishbone bushes on both sides. I won't start the poly or std debate again. :mrgreen:

Also done 320 quid on aircon parts in the last 3 weeks to no avail.

A wife that doesn't work, 2 daughters and emigrating to Adelaide finish off any chance I have of buying myself anything.......ever.

One day my number/s will be up :roll:

Gavin

Also got a MKI GTI (that's been in bits for 7 years :oops: ) A MKII Golf Driver (that's currently sat in my back garden waiting for me to get my arse in gear and sell it) My G60 - J-DUB - which is about to get a TDI conversion and my daily driver G60 - H-YYU - which now has a 1940cc somewhat played with G60 engine in her... 8)

CDs (25 in last 2-3 months. Everything from Vaughan Williams - Jazz - Amerie)

hardware, garden landscaping stuff, tools, etc from B&Q, Homebase, Lidl, local autoparts shop and Halfrods.

my pug 405 costs hardly anything to run,just waiting to start work on the corrado..spent loads on fishing gear lately..something like 3k in 12 months

spent loads on fishing gear lately..something like 3k in 12 months

This must include the cost of the boat dazzyvr6?

My old 350LC is keeping my without money at the minute (see link on sig).

I've not started on my Triumph Spitfire which the floor fell out of about 4 years ago. That's still blocking my dad's garage.

well so far me 924S that i bought last year has only cost me new shocks(all round) and a washer pump...........it had a PAS leak but that was fixed for under £20.....tho i think its alternator is maybe gonna need new brushes

2 week holiday to Norway...not the cheapest place on the planet, as I'm finding out...!

spent loads on fishing gear lately..something like 3k in 12 months

This must include the cost of the boat dazzyvr6?

no boat..thats just on the tackle :wink:

My 16v didn't really cost me much money in maintenance, just regular things like brake pads etc, but I've a feeling the VR is going to be rather costly especially as we're planning to have the head rebuilt and stuff soon :roll:

Raddo - Wife - Fishing gear (not as much as Dazz!) - Bits I buy and throw away as they look rubbish, O and T H E C S A and i wont tell you what i think that stands for, but they are not nice people!