Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Any body thought of NOS as an option!?

Anyone see what a lean condition can do to a piston on NO2? Granted mine was a Ford 428 with a 250 hp fogger system, when the aux fuel pump hiccupped and the pressure went down, BOOM. 1 forged piston completely gone and half of another shattered.

Point being, don't go over board with No2. Small charges will work wonders but it's easy to get greedy.

There's quite a bit of swag on my website about it and has a parts list there to peruse!

'Wizard of Nos' on the Japspeed site.

It's been brought up before but as i'm an agent up here in the Northeast for WON kits i can do a GB with as little as for 3kits!

Also, fitting can be offered to those whom could travel to me.

Chris

man youre all mad, drop the NOS its lame. nothing wrong with pure performance from the engine. never mind this gas business. yeah up grade a bit to make it perform better but thats a step too far.

went to vanfest in malvern other weekend, there was a 25 camper fitted with NOS. Mad or what, shame about the streamline of it.

getting nos in the very near future, as i can get a good price on a kit, going for the 50 jets then 100 when i have the new forged and heat treated bottom end.

but none of that fast and furious button malarky, im getting the progressive setup, so it injects the NOS when i hit WOT.

MK1G60R1, that's a god point.

I've not used them both in conjunction but the nitrous goie in at -160C so not sure if it would make the water freeze instantly as the engine will be hot, need to ask the man whom knows, i'll get the low down off Trevor at WON.

50bhp jets are fine but the effect of setpping up another 25 is shocking.

25jets were noticable but not very much, just felt like you had fitted a free flow filter and exhaust and had it on a crypton tune.

50bhp jets started to give the feeling of this is what i was looking for woo-hoo, but just not scarey or mind blowing.

75bhp jets, now the first time i floored my VR with this setup on was along the coast road at Marsden for whom that know the area and i went to over take some car but there was a pedestrian island in the middle of the road so i thought as the road was clear that i would over take and continue on the wrong side of the road 'til after the island which was 20yards away as there was no way that i'd safely get past the car before that.

Selected 3rd, my wife was asleep in the passenger seat at the time, floored it as i pulled out and bang the furious kick threw me down the road like a strong power band from a 2stroke motorbike and VERY easily got in front of the car and pulled in way before the island with plenty of room to spare WOW what a shock, i shouted 'Now that's what i'm talking about'!

The wife woke up and asked what i was shouting about! :lol: bless her.

In my opinion you are wasting your time with a progressive on 50bhp jets as it's just not a lot of power and you'll find it's wasted, 100bhp is ideal for a progressing as the higher the revs climb, the dynamically the less time the valves are open to let the gas in so you need more gas as the revs climb to keep the acceleration linea!

Chris

That is a good price. I'd prefer progressive though, or what ever the system is that squirts it dependant on load, rather than just chucking it in at WOT. I'm rarely at WOT, so that would be kind of pointless and the sudden load on the engine stresses it harder than adding it progressively against load.

And it's also not road legal and you have to fill the darn things up more often than you would have to refill a washer bottle with methanol/water.

im so looking forward to geting this - what would the insurance be like on a valver - would it jump up a group or two? (sorry for ignorance lol )

The main problem with these kits are that they are American and the parts ie jets and bits can't be as easilly sourced plus the solenoids are weedy and if you go hunting around on various forums there are plenty of posts about these solenoids going down, siezing etc and people, even USA upgrade the solenoids to the WON kits, which are better in loads of ways.

The main problem is that everything is in USA imperial and not metric so i'll leave it up to you to try and sort out the jet size increments cos i can't help you, it's mental trying to get the exact jet sizes you want.

Have fun but just don't phone up WON for advise cos he'll tell you where to go!

Like phoning up Vauxhall to ask them to help fix your Corrado cos thier name has VA and an L in the word!

Chris

my mother has va+l in her name but she doesn't phone up vauxhall either :)

- that statement has my head spinning - totally off the wall - which is where your coming from i spose. - anyway, when you going to fit that multi to your motor so we can vid and demo these kits, chris?

Just out of interest...

Where would you inject nitrous/fuel from a fogger jet on a g60?

Before or after the map sensor? Im guessing after,as id imagine the mix wouldn't be good for the map sensor and it would struggle to read it?

Neil.

Just out of interest...

Where would you inject nitrous/fuel from a fogger jet on a g60?

Before or after the map sensor? Im guessing after,as id imagine the mix wouldn't be good for the map sensor and it would struggle to read it?

Neil.

I presume you mean the CO Pot in the boost tube by map sensor. You'd put it afterwards, otherwise the ECU would try and compensate for it!

Aye...co pot,bloody heads not with it :lol:

Another quickie :lol:

If the set up used activation on wot...and you were running without the boost return piping...would it be safe?

Think im right in saying all the boost/nitrous/fuel would get used rather than a little spat out the bottom of the throttle body? :shock: !

Cheers,Neil.

I'm going to be using N02 when I can afford to buy a WON kit. I wish people would refer to nitrous as N02 or nitrous. NOS is a brand and not a thing. (silly rant over)

I'll be using a direct port system run into the inlet manifold of my carbs. I'll only be going to 50bhp jets and a progressive controller.

Cheap power I say.

So fitting NO2 nigates the need for an intercooler / charge cooler etc?

What are the costs of driving a car with NO2 fitted?

Depends how you drive it but last i heard you could get approx 100 shots maybe more out of a bottle.