Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

Any body thought of NOS as an option!?

Keep playing these PS games with cars being Nos'd, the latest being Juiced, which actually manages to have a Corrado VR6 on it! So NOS'd my two Corrados on the game! which is pretty good by the way, and got me thinkin that i never here many in the VW seen using NOS, ne G60 or VR6 NOS'd beasts out there?

my mates running a 3.2 vr on 100hp boost.

Not heard of any G's running it though. funnily enough, i was 'quietly contemplating' it this morning. :lol:

I've been contemplating either a NOS kit or aquamist for my next little spend after the engine has been refitted from Race Power

yeah i was thinking about nos aswell,was going to visit wizards of noz as there only 5mins from me,would having nos mean i wouldn't have to change my intercooler?(bigger one)

NOS is something i have been considering, it works well on G60's as it is a great way of cooling charge. Def an easy way of boosting power and the internals of a G60 engine is strong enough to take it.

Even better is that you can turn it on and off as required

The best setup for cooling a charged engine is a single 25bhp shot just before the throttle butterfly.

I have 100bhp jets in my system when it was sinlge point injectioin, i now have 6 nitrous/fuel injectors, one per cylinder and it's supercharged too and the VR is more than happy with is and has been for about 3years and has 170,000miles on it.

Chris

I think it kind of goes 25bhp shot gives you about 25bhp and so on :wink:

I heard you have to run your car stightly off tune to make the most of it when you use it, or have the systems improved since i then, or i'm i just talking through my brown eye.

you can get various sizes of injectors to deliver different ammounts of nos and they're usually measured in bhp, so when chris is talking about a 25bhp shot it means exactly that, adding aprox 25bhp to the power.

What sort of performance gains do you get with NOS then?

do you remember top gear a few years ago where they put an old jag up against some fast cars and raced them around the track,and the jag got whupped??they then fitted NOS to the jag and raced them again,i think you can guess the rest

when referring to a 25bhp shot, this will be on a normally aspirated car - a forced induction car is more receptive to NOS and the gain can be as much as double - therefore a 25 shot setup will give up to 50 - the attached pic shows the configuration that me and chris are doing for the VR - the advantage being that each cylinder gets the same amount of NOS as each inlet has its own nozzle with a similar travel distance.

OH! And BTW, the equipment we used is supplied by Trevor Langfield of the Topgear feature fame.

Stanbates - urban myth - you'll get chris on shortly ranting about people who set up NOS badly wrecking their engines - its the setup thats important and as you can see from the history of Chris's car and mine to a lesser degree, set up correclty theres never been a problem.

so chris's 100bhp system could equate to around 200bhp in his car? :? blimey!

stanbates, I think so long as you're sensible and your engines in a reasonable state to start with it'll be fine, obviously a 100bhp shot on a dodgy motor isnt going to do it much good, but if you think about it in terms of how much power the charger kits h8rra and kev have just bought add, and the fact that the VR copes very well with the extra 80 or so BHP those kits provide, a standard N/A VR should cope with a 100bhp shot easily. Likewise i'd imagine g60's and valvers would cope just as well.

A G60 would I think take very well to a 25 shot as it would cool the charge nicely. It's an alternative to a FMIC although you obviously need to factor in the cost of the refills which for an 11lbs bottle will be about £40-£50. However, on a 25 shot it would last you ages. There's no danger as long as you set the car up properly, run a cooler set of plugs and retard the timing by a couple of degrees. However, water injection is cheaper to refill and will also serve to cool the charge although has less scope for big power. Also defo go for a Wizards wet kit, they're the best by far.

http://www.wizardsofnos.com/index2.html

I was thinking of it semi-seriously not long ago and joined the WON forum:

http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=892