ToffeeRado

Project ToffeeRado

Top work that man! How have you been doing it? It's something I'm planning to do at some point when I find a spare bumper 8)

It's a factory color it was only used in 91 on the corrado's pretty rare from what I have been told it's the main and only reason I bought the car .

page 2 or 3 mate ;)

I'm doing it again because the one on my car shows the work done to it and there is many pinholes and you can tell I'm a perfectionist so that does not work for me.

what colour is your car is it that ups brown?

I wouldn't use that color it's been done, I think it's stupid if someone goes out of there way to be different and then someone copies it. No one actually has the color code for UPS brown, people use porsche brown, UPS has never released the color code and I think they have copyright or w/e so if someone did manage to get it they could sue you if you used it or something like that.

what equipment did you use for the plastics welding? any more pics/info of how your doing the plate recess as i'm doing mine at the moment, your corrado is looking mint as usual. Lots of respect for doing the work yourself

can't you use filler to fill the pinholes on your old bumper?

filler sinks after the while specially in the summer

always best to plastic weld although i think modern filler is up to the job and doesnt sink, hell they use filler on porsches and ferraris when they fix them so its no longer the 'cheap fix' it once was,, this is what ive read i cant claim to have a clue!

billinjahg60, its not the filler tbh has modern filler is good,, tis all in the prep of the fitter

Well I don't want to fix my old bumper since it's on my car, it's not just pin holes it a lot of things side marker just filed with filler so i would have to dig all that crap out just not worth the time. I wanted to learn how to plastic weld anyways. If I fixed the bumper on my car now I would have a bumper with body work all over it, so once I finish this one I can get it painted and put it on .

Bumper is not for sale sorry

Oh yeah I used a plastic welder and plastic cut outs are from a bumper that was wrecked from some domestic. A plastic welder is like a soldering iron but there is a hole in the top that you feed a plastic rod through, it's a very easy thing to do and it's interesting too.

Yes we don't have plate recess over here in north america.

Well I just had to take the car out for some pics I haven't started it up for about 3-4 months. Heres some pics hi res on my host dub sight.

DSC05555.sized.jpg

DSC05559.sized.jpg

DSC05558.sized.jpg

DSC05554_001.sized.jpg