Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Dirty, filthy C!

Having not washed my C since last wednesday and traveling over 1K miles it's now covered in s**t and is beyond the point of me being able to give it a quick wash... which has got me thinking - our C's are our pride and joy yet many are used as daily drivers... so, how dirty do you let it get before you have to wash it? And, how many times a week do you clean it during the winter months?

Here's the current state of mine! Would be interesting to see more dirty C's :D

the dirtiest mine ever got was driving to spain through the pyraneese in Feb....

EDIT-- frightening how bald i'm going at such a tender age :(

i seem to remeber dr_mat's being caked in mud at some point, didnt he have his crud-encrusted grille as his avatar for a while? also the american guy (red=fast?) with his off-roading red C.

the off roading red one was done by throwing buckets of mud over it though so that was cheating :lol:

I'm almost tempted to not wash it until e38 and go for the true rat look... trouble is I'm already thinking about filling a nice warm bucket of water and car shampoo and going out for a bit of one on one time with it ;)

I drive myn everyday & clocked up 600miles last wk.. it was covered in dirt so washed it!! wash it once a wk.. although as winters now here see if I can get it dirty enough & post some dirty pics of my rado lol

This is the dirtiest mine has ever been :D It was a 400 mile trip through dark muddy wet Wales last month.

I've not washed mine in well over a month which is very unlike me. Just moved into my own house and every spare minute is sorting bits of the house rather than spending time washing the C. Pics to follow.

8) they do look good when dirty... have decided that I have to wait for the w/e to give mine the wash it deserves

i seem to remeber dr_mat's being caked in mud at some point, didnt he have his crud-encrusted grille as his avatar for a while? also the american guy (red=fast?) with his off-roading red C.

Heh, yes. I'll dig the pic out later if I get time ..

LOL..they do look cool. Although when I bought my last g60 it was like a pig sty, dirty outside is cool, dirty inside certainly isn't. :pukeright:

I removed 3 carrier bags of chrisvr6 nos's 'stuff' from my car when I got it :roll:

TBH i hate it when mines mucky, it looks shabby!

I know what you mean Chris but once it's got really mucky you almost have a sence of pride about it :D

I hate cleaning other peoples dirt out of newly bought cars - the worst is finding hair :pukeleft:

sticky sweets that've obviously been their for years are a recent addition to my list of 'things i really dont want to put my hand into unexpectedly' after cleaning out my lasses 206.

I remember finding a huge yellow toe-nail in the ashtray of a Carlton I had just bought to use as a taxi years ago....it makes me want to heave just typing it....

I was looking in my passenger side door pocket at the weekend and put my hand is some old melted chocolate eclairs (the sweet not the cake) Nice!

My silver VR never gets all that dirty, but my blue one got rather mucky... then I scraped the bumper on a low wall :cry:

man i can wash my car here and the next day it'll rain and my car is coverd in red dust the rain here's got saharan dust in it!!

i have to wsh it every 2 or 3 days to keep it looking nice , which gets me wandering can you over wash a car??

will the paint suffer for it???

i am carefull but it must wear it down a bit

heh, all this is making me think about not getting mine repaired, sticking some rusty steelies on, coating one wing with some lovely red primer and never washing it again. theres something appealing about a ratty looking car that knocks spots off most other cars on the road :lol:

I also have no idea how I managed to get that splitter so close to the ground - it was on standard suspension!