Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

And conversely, I've seen a MK5 R32 install they did in a MK2 recently and it was flawless. Started and ran as if it were in a MK5, awesome :D

The customer had already converted it to an OBD2 VR6 previously and the car was maintained to a very high standard. Ground work like that is going to stand you in much better stead when dropping your car off for a conversion. Otherwise do you think Vince can charge his customers for every single missing clip, screw, bracket, and minute of labour to make a factory install - on a £5K retrofit budget? No chance! You have to be realistic. Schitt in, Schitt out. Vince isn't going to spend half his life fixing bodges on customers cars, and 80% of the cars I see go in there, that's exactly what they are. Botched Sheds. And then Vince gets the blame and flamed on here when things don't work out according to plan.

I very recently saw a Mk2 R32 done by Stealth and to say the least It looked very untidy. At first I thought it was a DIY but when I found out Stealth had done it, I was shocked even more. I have heard and seen alot of good things about Stealth but there have been some bad ones too. I guess not everyone is perfect and a mistake will always be more talked about than good which is shame in some cases but I guess that's the way it is.

You don't fancy attempting it yourself? It's not that bad a job. Kip and Pete have done superb jobs on there's,

so mine was shite then :?

Hi can anyone help I have recently installed a mk5 R32 into my Rado but cant get any RPM up on my dash I have just tried pin38 on my ECU but that gave nothing it is a 2006 BUB engine, has anyone done anything different that I should try any help greatly received cheers.

Hi can anyone help I have recently installed a mk5 R32 into my Rado but cant get any RPM up on my dash I have just tried pin38 on my ECU but that gave nothing it is a 2006 BUB engine, has anyone done anything different that I should try any help greatly received cheers.

hey there pal - you're one of the unfortunate ones whom pin 38 doesn't work for - just the luck of the draw what software version etc you get on your ecu.

what you need is a can-bus converter to supply the signal for the tacho.

if you give Mark at South West In-Car Tech a ring and explain your situation he'll be able to supply & fit it for you.

check out their website - http://www.southwestincartech.co.uk/index.htm

it shouldn't be too expensive - i don't know an exact figure, but i would guess about £100-150 to supply and fit it. (think the units themselves cost him about £80, but not certain...)

This may sound a bit of a weird question but because i didn't get a wiring loom with my engine because the guy that sold me the engine is the biggest cockeral i have ever come accross, i have got hold of a mk4 golf r32 wiring loom to go with my audi tt 3.2 engine. now i bought an audi a3 3.2 lambda sensor for cheap but it doesn't fit in the plug so im guessing i would need R32 lambda's

can i use any mk4 golf r32 lambda's or would it be best trying to get the plugs converted to use audi TT lambda's. I can't really understand why different lambda's are used on what is essentially the same engine.

Also does anyone by any rare chance have an MAF lying around for a TT engine, also need dukting as well!

In regards to the TDI pedal, I got the part number for it which is 1K2 721 503 M and on Vagcat (online ETKA link) it just lists that part number as the accelerator pedal for Audi A3/S3/quattro 04-05 and Golf/Variant/4Motion 04-05 so I'm guessing they are all the same. Result then :clap:

How much do you lot suppose a 2.8 24v engine complete with pedal, plug and play loom, defeated ecu, modified engine mount, spal fan, maf, custom downpipe, etc etc - everything to do a 24v conversion over a weekend is worth??

How much do you lot suppose a 2.8 24v engine complete with pedal, plug and play loom, defeated ecu, modified engine mount, spal fan, maf, custom downpipe, etc etc - everything to do a 24v conversion over a weekend is worth??

why oh why did you post that for.

Around £1500 I'd say?

Was hoping it would be slightly more than that..

Its an idea I'm toying with at the moment as I've had feck all interest in my car, I'm moving overseas for work in July, I have no where to store the car.

It needs to be worth it if I'm going to break it though.... fecking credit crunch.

Around £1500 I'd say?

Was hoping it would be slightly more than that..

Its an idea I'm toying with at the moment as I've had feck all interest in my car, I'm moving overseas for work in July, I have no where to store the car.

It needs to be worth it if I'm going to break it though.... fecking credit crunch.

What price do you feel is about right?

My estimate wasn't meant as an insult, sorry!

I based it on the fact i paid £600 for a complete 2.8 24V will entire engine harness, ECU and all ancills, which seems to be around the going rate for the 2.8.

I just based the remaining £900 on the cost of the downpipes and other customisations you've done.

In all honesty and all due respect, I think achieving much over £1500 could prove tricky in this climate :?

I also thought you would be putting it back to standard Chris rather than breaking it? If you took out the conversion, put a 12v back in then maybe the sum of those two things sold might be a bit more than just selling the completed conversion on its own?

I very recently saw a Mk2 R32 done by Stealth and to say the least It looked very untidy. At first I thought it was a DIY but when I found out Stealth had done it, I was shocked even more. I have heard and seen alot of good things about Stealth but there have been some bad ones too. I guess not everyone is perfect and a mistake will always be more talked about than good which is shame in some cases but I guess that's the way it is.

Which car was that? Stealth have only done one MK2 R32 install and that was the Oak Green example I saw, which was far from untidy. The customer was very happy with it from what I gather. If you're comparing their work to the work Jay did on your car over many months, then it's an unfair and ludicrous comparison.

They've not done an R32 into a MK3 either, so I'm not sure where that came from.

I'm just concerned this misinformation can be damaging to their reputation.

My estimate wasn't meant as an insult, sorry!

I based it on the fact i paid £600 for a complete 2.8 24V will entire engine harness, ECU and all ancills, which seems to be around the going rate for the 2.8.

I just based the remaining £900 on the cost of the downpipes and other customisations you've done.

In all honesty and all due respect, I think achieving much over £1500 could prove tricky in this climate :?

Sorry if it came across I was being funny, I wasn't, I guess 1500 is about right but was kind of hoping the fact everything would be there to sort it one go would be an attraction, the amount of ball ache, sourcing info and gathering bits plus the waiting and depending on other people can all be done away with, as has been shown on this forum a number of times, engine conversions don't happen quickly or without grief unless you have the funds to outsource and even then people tend to end up waiting longer than initially planned.

dukest - I just dont have the time or energy to entertain putting it back to standard, so if I sell the engine etc, the only choice for me is breaking... :( Which to be honest, I really dont want to do, but I've got to be realistic, I need the car gone and I need some extra cash.

I'm going to start a 10 day auction on the bay middle of next week, with a reserve significantly lower than my asking price - when selling in the past I always got silly offers, but I'm not even attracting those..?

shame its coming to this Chris,

but baggsy first shout on the RX's i think those and CH's are the only BBS alloys i havent owned :lol:

No worries Chris, I didn't think you were being off. I suppose £2k would be a very reasonable sum for all the work you've put into it, but I just know everyone wants a bargain these days.

If you can find a way to keep it, all the merrier, if not I hope you get a price you're happy with.

What's with everyone giving up on the 24v installs or selling them soon after? Is it just people getting bored with Corrado's in general and fancying a change?

I can't wait to get going with my lowly 2.8 24v conversion but worried I'll end up getting rid of it.

Nothing lowly about the 2.8 at all mate :D I feel it's the pick of the 24V crop personally.

Nice thick cylinder walls (81mm bore), throw in an r32 crank, mod the pistons, slap on an R32 head and you have a high flowing, super strong 3.0 24V engine perfect for turboing :D Even in 2.8 form with a GT35R attached, it's devastating.

With the R32, if it needs a rebore, you can only go to 3.3 and that's it. The 2.8 can be bored out from 2.9 to 3.3, so loads of life span in it.

As for giving up, it seems that way doesn't it but I feel their pain. What should be a simple install can be a right pig if you don't get EVERYTHING from the donor car.

can anyone shed some light on this please, i have been informed that Ben at Qpeng is starting work on a plug "n" play system for the 24v engines just like he has done with many many good results on the 1.8t engine.

What's with everyone giving up on the 24v installs or selling them soon after? Is it just people getting bored with Corrado's in general and fancying a change?

I can't wait to get going with my lowly 2.8 24v conversion but worried I'll end up getting rid of it.

Have a spin in mine tommorow and you will stop worrying about selling it :D With a turbo on it will be epic!

Have a spin in mine tommorow and you will stop worrying about selling it :D With a turbo on it will be epic!

I can't wait to see your motor mate. I've never even been in a golf 24v so very interested to see how different it is.

Nothing lowly about the 2.8 at all mate :D I feel it's the pick of the 24V crop personally

Strange how so many people are going for the R32 engines, but I'm still really happy with my engine. I'm not going to mess with the internals on mine as it's only done about 50K, so i'll just go spacer route as I'm only planning to run about 10psi to start and maybe a full engine build later when I want a bit more power.

Other thing I've got on my side is the fact I've got everything - engine, ecu, looms, clocks, dbw pedal etc so I hope it'll all run smoothly. 8)

2 years in the making and still not 100% finished, but I'm still loving mine!

If the install goes well you'll be loving yours too so don't worry and get on with it :)

Mines been drving for a while now, but I can see where the frustration can come from. I did loose motivation a couple of times, but allways viewed it as a long term project so didn't worry about the set backs to much, took a small break and then got back into it. Well worth it in the end.

Dutch