Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

WARNING!!! Corrado RIP Thread - Killers at LARGE!!!

Aaarghhhhhhhh!

Just crashed my corrado in the snow. Slid down my street at 12:30 last night. It is v. steep and the thin layer of snow had frozen. As we were careering towards a car my girlfriend had time to issue some advice "Why don't you try the handbrake". Smacked into a parked M reg ZX and didn't stop for a fair way. Mounted the curb on the other side of the road but managed to avoid hitting anything else. Very nearly scraped the whole other side down a brick wall, phew. The annoying thing is we were going really slow. I don't like driving in the snow and was taking it easy.

Anyway, pics below:

IMAGE_0001.JPG

IMAGE_0002.JPG

IMAGE_0003.JPG

The bonnet looks really bent in the photo but it is only bent to about three inches from the corner. Does the bonnet look repairable? Also, I was already wanting to replace the front winganyway because of rust. Headlight glass is ok but the top clips and plastic surround have been snapped off. Bumper seems fine apart from cracked paint.

I am waiting for my third piece of bad luck (or incompetence) to strike. We returned from London on boxing day to find we had been burgled. A real cliched scene, every draw and cupboard turned out. I think they were a little dissappointed as we don't really go in for the latest gadgets.

They do seem to have taken the spare keys for my girlfriends polo though so I have hidden it. Not sure what to do about this. Any ideas how much a full set of new locks for a brand new polo would be?

Chris

Edit: Fixed the image tags for you, but it looks like the site you're linking to is down :( - dinkus

Aaarghhhhhhhh!

Just crashed my corrado in the snow. Slid down my street at 12:30 last night. It is v. steep and the thin layer of snow had frozen. As we were careering towards a car my girlfriend had time to issue some advice "Why don't you try the handbrake". Smacked into a parked M reg ZX and didn't stop for a fair way. Mounted the curb on the other side of the road but managed to avoid hitting anything else. Very nearly scraped the whole other side down a brick wall, phew. The annoying thing is we were going really slow. I don't like driving in the snow and was taking it easy.

Anyway, pics below:

http://www.physicsstuff.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_0001.JPG

http://www.physicsstuff.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_0002.JPG

http://www.physicsstuff.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_0003.JPG

The bonnet looks really bent in the photo but it is only bent to about three inches from the corner. Does the bonnet look repairable? Also, I was already wanting to replace the front winganyway because of rust. Headlight glass is ok but the top clips and plastic surround have been snapped off. Bumper seems fine apart from cracked paint.

I am waiting for my third piece of bad luck (or incompetence) to strike. We returned from London on boxing day to find we had been burgled. A real cliched scene, every draw and cupboard turned out. I think they were a little dissappointed as we don't really go in for the latest gadgets.

They do seem to have taken the spare keys for my girlfriends polo though so I have hidden it. Not sure what to do about this. Any ideas how much a full set of new locks for a brand new polo would be?

Chris

Man that sucks.... thought this was supposed to be the season of goodwill and all that crap..... :(

Sorry to hear about that chrisw,

I was gonna take the raddo out to a meet today....

....Think i'll take the golf instead!

chrisw, edit your post to display the pics mate, end tag should be:- [/url]

[img=http://www.physicsstuff.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_0001.JPG]

like that :)

Sorry about your bad luck, hope everything is repairable.

chrisw, that's terrible mate - what a sucky Christmas :(

I hope you can sort it all out and get everything back (woo - new stuff from the insurance) and your C gets repaired better than she was before :)

I'm supposed to be going out in Cambridge tonight, but if there's still snow about I'm staying put...

Bugger :-(

Had an incident in mine this morning too...... just aswell I have the Speedlines on at the moment !!

Slid toward a kerb, ABS not doing much to slow me down, steering doing nowt at all.....just before hitting the kerb I thought feck it and booted it. The Quaife did it's job and pulled me away from the kerb but because the steering was on full lock....the car suddenly found a tonne of grip on a wet patch and flew me at the opposite kerb :roll:

Managed to avoid hitting that one with some crazy arm and foot action.

I think Phat and BiggerBen have the right idea with 4x4 Corrados!!

i was gonna go to the shops in mine this mornin till i looked out of the window to see a car slidin all over the place,decided to walk for the 1st time in ages :lol:

Well damaged or not I am taking mine to the Cairngorms in two days! Bit nervous now though. My ABS really didn't help in this accident, it is bloody scary in the snow. I find it makes so much fuss you just can't tell what is going on at the wheels properly. Can I just take the fuse out in snowy conditions?

Chris

Bugger :-(

Had an incident in mine this morning too...... just aswell I have the Speedlines on at the moment !!

thought you had 312's on?????????

I was about to take mine out the garage and now xbones has wrapped his!!!!!

Think I'll leave it under lock and key a while longer...... :roll: ...the corrado grim reaper is still hovering around!!!!!

thought you had 312's on?????????

I'm not sure having big brakes will help - either the ABs saves you and you can steer, or you lock up and slide, and I'm not convinced the ABS on the C is that great. I've certainly avoided using it over the winter (ABS pump needs replacing as well), and I still managed a proper alloy folding / tyre ripping slide into the kerb!

1220.gif

Think he is refering to the Speedlines (15") i.e. how do they fit over the 312's :)

Think he is refering to the Speedlines (15") i.e. how do they fit over the 312's :)

i thangyou.......

DOH! :oops:

this is whats sitting on my drive at the moment,damage nothing to do with me luckily

storm003.jpg

i thought storms came with AC??

option.

don't suppose you paid much for that dazzy - theres not many panels to rescue!!!!!!

option.

don't suppose you paid much for that dazzy - theres not many panels to rescue!!!!!!

only bought it for the engine really,all interior has gone,but all the switches are still there