Sign in to follow this  
tricky

the new corrado

it will have smaller wheels and it wont be as low and it will be called the scirocco not the corrado

And I have a £500 deposit on one, lots of artists impressions floating around. I have heard its pencilled in for a Feb 2008 launch, launch engines will be a 170 BHP 1.4 and a 230 BHP 2.0 turbo, both FWD with a 4WD 3.6 to follow. Likely to be built in Portugal alongside the Eosand priced about £2lk above the equivalent Golf

all i've heard through are dealer is that there IS a new scirocco lined up.

VW have gone back with a few names that did well sales wise ie the new Jetta and the Scirocco was a much better seller and known name than the Corrado so one of the reasons they bought it back.

its like when people call your rado a scirocco its cause they obv know the rocco brand and not the rado.

Dosent bother me would rather they never ever re-incarnate the Rado leave it have its own piece of history.

Well if you look in this week's autocar you'll see the new scirocco. And I'm afraid its a bit more 'conservative' than that pic! Engine line-up as Andy665 said above. 3.6 would be nice :)

Kinda like a Mk5 Golf with a roof-chop though. Yawn :(

No, just a "sporty" coupe - the deposit I paid is totally refundable if it does not get built but it guarantees me the first one at that dealer

Have you seen the pics in autocar mate?

I wasn't being that fair. Its ok. Nothing like a C but not bad. The 3.6 will go like sh*t off a shovel! :)

Its rumoured a concept will be shown before the end of the year, seen so many different artists impressions that I'll think I'll leave it until I see the real thing

I was under the impression that the pics in autocar were pics not artists impressions? Could be wrong but I don't recall any mention of it not being the real thing.

Just gonna see if I can find it.

Nope - I'm spouting poo again! :)

Its just another artist's impression. That's a good thing - it looks pretty dull really.

hope they do a better job on it than the EOS,

at the end of the day an EOS is a MK2 Corrado, Golf upfront, Passat in the rear, yet it could pass for a 3 door jetta with the roof down and has none of the uniqueness and presence of a Corrado.

The Eos is a lot better looking in the metal than in photos, not a stunner but the best looking of the current crop of coupe convertibles

I saw one yesterday in Salzburg airport - looks good up to the end of the door in my opinion - bit funky at the back but then all the CCs are like that - stupid name though!

I think VW are losing it slowly.. look at some of the pics for 2008's VW lineup...

http://www.germancarblog.com/2005/10/vw ... oming.html

Scirocco: so so...

Ragster: er...

Golf: Meet the new boss.. same as the old boss

Phaeton: Who you gonna call...

Polo Eco: Does what it says on the tin..

Sharan: Guess you can only do so much with the MPV.. looks ok tho!

Marrakesh: Great.. another SUV

CrossFox: Doubt it'll be better than the Fiat Panda 4x4.. and bet it will cost more!

['H3R4POR]photochop imo' date=' tbh, bbq[/quote']

Thats what they look like to me aswell.

And what does bbq stand for? :oops: