Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

Dutch 24v - Spring clean

Hi ziderapple,

Thanks, glad it was of help.

I've just finished reading your thread(s) and it looks like you know a fair bit more than me when it comes to engines, so you shouldn't have any problems with the 24v :thumb right:

I've just replied in the main 24v thread about a coule of things btw, one of which you've figured out already I see. You move a LOT quicker than me :D

Dutch

Thanks for the reply, that aux air inlet jobby is the only thing I'm unsure about at the moment, such a relief to be handing it over to someone to sort the electrical side out for me. I could do it, bar the ecu stuff, but I'd take ages and would not do as good of a job as a pro. Dont know that much about engines really, just read the manuals, forum posts and ask people if unsure then get stuck in!! :lol:

Hope you get yours back from the body shop soon and get it runing sweet, I'm sure you'll get there soon enough, I know only too well how these projects can end up just dragging on without you really realising.

Thanks,

What colour you going for dude? You gonna do any colour coding under the bonnet? Coded intake mani and polished/chrome rocker coved would be cool ;)

lol, have you still got that polished 24v rocker cover then by any chance?? :)

Sounds like a nice idea mate, but I can't be arsed to remove the manifold again tbh :)

Going for Audi Diamond Black btw.

Dutch

looking good, get some more pics up as its getting sprayed, always good following a respray taking place :)

Quick update: She's finally been sprayed :)

I've been busy putting her back together during the evenings and I should have her back tomorrow if the parts I still need arrive before the weekend.

Some pics (on crap camera phone). Will get more tonight hopefully and some outdoor ones over the coming weekend.

She needs polishing though, but still looks and feels like black glass :D

Dutch

We're slowly getting there. All the windows are now back in now too :)

...shes in good company whilst she waits though 8)

Dutch

We're slowly getting there. All the windows are now back in now too :)

...shes in good company whilst she waits though 8)

Dutch

that pic sure makes it look like a new merc mate :p lol

looking really good mate, if you dont mind me asking how much has it cost you all in all to have the spray done?

Thanks guys.

How much has it cost? A LOT !! :)

I have receipts for over 2000 Euro just for all the new shiny parts to accompany the shiny paint work. The respray itself is going to cost another +/- 3000 Euro, and that's with us removing and replacing all the body work too.

There was a lot of prep work due to 4-5 minor dings I'd had over the years, plus the paint is quiet expensive and the laquer for it very expensive. All in all I reckon it's going to cost closer to 6000 Euro in total :shock:

Dutch

New ariel: :)

Looks sweeeet! Nice to see a respray done properly and replacing all the worn bits makes a real difference!

Just remeber when parking, park miles away from everyone else and buy a bonnet bra for motorway use!

Think you should bring it over here for us to see, stick Edition38 in your diary, last weekend in Aug. :D

Finally an aftermarket aerial that looks decent!

What wheels you going for dude? You painted your engine yet??? :lol:

You won't believe how long it took me to realise that was an ariel... (missed the bit where it now quite clearly written "new ariel") Doh!!

lol jay :) What did you think it was then?

The aerial is from a golf V gti I believe, but I've seen them on various new VAG cars since I've had it. A mate who works for VW has one on his Jetta and he ordered it for me. I can get a part number if needed?

Wheels are as in a previous post on this thread mate - BBS RKii's, 17 * 8 sporting p-zero's. Will stick up some more pics over the weekend as she's now back home. Needs a damn good clean though :)

Yeah I've been thinking about a bra for a while now ;) Any recommendations?

I'm not planning on using her for day-to-day trips like the supermarket etc. anymore as I don't want to come back and find a massive dent/scratch on her. I haven't replaced the side strips either which would just make matters worse. I'm thinking about an in-car motion detection cctv system though so if some tw*t did hit her I'd be able to trace them :)

Doubt Edition38 will be possible unfortunately, but I'm hopefully going to that 20th b'day thing in Germany though with some members of the Corrado Club Nederland.

Dutch

lol jay :) What did you think it was then?

Couldnt really make out what it was!

The reflection was what did it! guess it proves how good the new paint job is.

Looking good anyway mate!

6000 schmeuros on a respray!!! You are completely fekin chicken oriental my friend!! :) It is zee crazy cigarettes you 'dutch people' are smoking over there I think, yah? :)

Fair play though mate. If you're gonna do it, you might as well do it properly eh? It looks bleedin gorgeous.

How's life mate?

Will

lol, like you say though, if a jobs worth doing! :)

Life's good mate thanks. Busy with work still, but will hopefully have the C totally finished by the end of next month. New brakes, exhaust and a few other bits still to do.

How's the Alfa going? Do you still have the C btw?

Dutch

Good stuff mate - you've put a hell of a lot of work into your rado :) It's going to be a cracker :)

The Alfa is good thanks. I'm rapidly working my way through the Alfa Romeo parts catalogue though! :) :) :) I'm sticking to major mechanical items such as gearboxes, diffs, etc to keep things simple :)

Other than killing it a few times already, it still gets me every time I drive it mate. The sound, the acceleration, etc. I love it! :) I still need to sort the suspension out though - I fancy some KWs.

Coming over there in a few weeks if you need anything from the UK dude?

Will

Well, it's that time of year again so the C has had a spring clean ready to be driven again :clap:

I've raised the ride height by 1cm due to local speed bumps though, but thinking of dropping her back 5 mm? I really liked the look 1cm lower, but the front splitter's taking a bashing and I don't fancy a 50mm one.

R,

Dutch