rado-steve

My 1.8T Rado......End of the adventure.......Gutted!

Congrats on getting married fella!! Nice progress on the rado too... you going to look into a LSD now that you'll be running close enough to 300hp?

Congratulations!!!

I have been trying to pursuade my boyfriend that we should do this but he says no, but now youhave just backed up what a great idea it is!! Love those cans!!!

Great looking car!

Looking good. That coilovers picture always scares me and why I'll stick with standard style set up. just imagine the amount of cars out there with them like that and most with cheap nasty versions.

Well I think you did quite well getting 8 winters out of those coilovers really, and that's assuming they were cleaned and regreased periodically. Cheaper coilovers may not last as long due to lesser quality materials being used in their construction, but if they are looked after well enough should still last a fiar while.

Good progress there mate and congrats as well.

Hello,

What spacer size did you fit behind the LM, to let enough clearance for the Brembo's ?

thanks

It's bloody Tight I can tell you!!! think its 15mm up front and 30mm on the rear.....

I'll have to check

how you finding the car now with the new blower on matey?

How Do Fella,

It's punchy as hell, pull about 23psi of boost from about 2K!!!

Looks like the ECU i got has neen mapped, it's crap map though as it gives all that boost then tails off at the top end to like 5psi!!!! Either that or summat is up with my wastegate :(

Awesome nugget man. Might be giving you a shout in a few months on info for the 20v turbo conversion. Would like to do it to mine but need to sort a few other things first after only just buying it.

Good job on the car anyways bud :clap:

Well its with great sadness that I announce my Corrado adventure came to a fiery end last night:

th_IMG_1314a_zps8d879b26.mp4

I'm truly gutted, don't really think its hit home yet........literally inconsolable right now :(

No way thats horrible mate gutted for you mate. Will always remember me the gf, you and chris driving down to stanford hall together. The yellow beastie always having the edge over chris lol. Fond memories

No way fella proper gutted for ya! An yeah took a while for it to set in when mine was killed off think it was when the missus started blubbin set me off to !

Neil

oh my dear lord! i feel sick to the core after watching that steve, i cant imagine how you must feel :(

i dont know if asking how or why would be pertinent at this time. truly savage

Oh my god :( That's absolutely terrible to watch :(

I'm so sorry to see that mate.

Mortified too that it's a Nugget Yellow too - there really aren't that many of them left :(

Gutted for you mate cant think of a worse thing to happen id be speachless if it happend to me !! Hope insurance isnt a pain for you and you atleast get something back ! Always liked this car aswell

I just saw this on Edition.. thats an awful thing to happen..

Im genuinely gutted for you Steve..

Thanks Mike!

No way thats horrible mate gutted for you mate. Will always remember me the gf, you and chris driving down to stanford hall together. The yellow beastie always having the edge over chris lol. Fond memories

Yeah that was a great run out, was a good day that day :)

WTF! No way Steve! Absolutely gutted, one of my all time fave Corrado's. :(

Thanks Mic, its not fully sank in yet!

Mortified too that it's a Nugget Yellow too - there really aren't that many of them left :(

Maybe one less now, just have to see what the old insurance say!

Gutting mate. Something I'm sure we all dread happening. On the plus side, at least you got out all alright. Any idea of the cause?

sorry to see that and hope you are ok. How did this happen? Electrical fault or just mechanical failure?

Hope to hear some good news regarding the insurance.

Not that it helps, but your car was really stunning, so any replacemnet will undoubtedly be brought up to that level

That's terrible news, absolutely gutted for you. You could see the blood, sweat and tears gone into the car as it was always so clean and tidy. Saw it on my first year of big fat tour, a timeless classic!