EllieB

Model corrado

Yeah i noticed them :D i will have to add some chrome heater rings though :lol:

Tonight i completely stripped it down to the bear shell (minus the rear window as its pop rivetted on so just masking taped it) and primered it ready for the blackberry to be sprayed on tomorrow night 8)

Took a pic for y'all :)

Done a bit more to mine tonight. Added its 2nd coat of blackberry and its really starting to look nice now :D and i also painted the seats black and i used satin black to make them look leather (even though i dont have it :oops:). Going to lacquer it tomorrow so it should shine then hopefully! And on friday and over the weekend i will make a debadged grill for the front, paint the tail lights all red, and make some numberplates :D then its just wheels!

Yeah too much work really :lol: my uncle has done it before but then the majority of cars he does are old american cars so they dont really have much dash to convert!

Im going to take the plunge and get some wheels for it now :D

Cool - looking good! Glad I chose an Aqua Blue Corrado now - this has been much easier!

Weird - I have 2 Corrados and they're the only two available model colours!

Yeah that is weird! Maybe they made them for you without you knowing :wink:

Just went to buy the wheels but then stopped as i would of been arse raped - 27 euros for some model wheels!! Thats mainly the delivery as they are from France! I cant find anywhere else that sells them! :mad:

Just get a compass and mark out the size you want - cut it with a modelling knife then get a strip of straight plastic for the wheel surround then stick some modelling putty round the outside - you could mark the wheel tread with a modelling knife - then paint it black. I'm sure you could have a bash and save yourself money - you're doing great already! :thumbleft:

Ooh im liking that :D can you do me a favour mate and measure those wheels diameter? They look like they might be 30mm ones.

awesome plans mate :D cant wait to see the badgeless grille !!!

im back with the diameter later if you still need it.

Yeah cheers mate, i am looking for wheels and they come in different sizes, the ones i was looking at are 30mm which im told work out to look like 20" rims on the car :lol:

i thought they have to be 33mm for 18" rims .... :?:

(incl. tires - excl. tires 28mm)

but finding 1/18 scale 17 inch rims would be very hard ....

im still searching for BBS RK´s but did find them yet!

Yeah i meant 30mm without tyres is about 19-20" rim i think. Either way they are still pretty big! I dont mind them looking larger than 16" but just dont want them to look stupid. Plus i need the car quite low like mine and with massive rims it wont sit very low!

The only site i can find that sells wheels is the one i was looking at that my uncle told me about which is http://www.tuning18.com. Its a wicked site, they do body parts/kits and loads of other stuff and there is a gallery of some already modified models BUT its in France and worked out too expensive to just get a set of wheels with delivery!!