Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

We've got some good metal racking and pigeon holes back at home on the farm, I was hoping to pick some more up but it's all bent and knackered. Probably ought to wait until the garage is sorted, and I move the 3 pallet loads of spares from the farm to the house.

Haven't put an update on here for while. Just been driving the VR6, and allowing the 16v to collect bird poo.

Recently had a remap from DG Autotech to improve the midrange, and part throttle a bit and to get a bit more from my cams. It seems better at the top end, and the improvements to the midrange mean that I can actually get a bit better fuel economy on gentle runs. Not had nearly enough opportunities to just drive the car and enjoy the changes recently. Also fitted some dubpower HT leads to replace the cracked magnecors, hoping to get rid of a bit of a misfire when cold, they look a lot better, and fit nicely. Finally fitted a newer steering wheel, courtesy of Fay, this week. It's far nicer than the old one.

Also, in an unusual move for me, I cleaned the interior a bit. Really brightened it up. keep thinking about a respray, but can't justify the money, the "first" mot is not far off, and I'll need 4 tyres soon enough.

I'm the skinny short fella. Never gets his balls out in public.

;)

Just washed the 16v as it's been raining all day and the bird crap on it was soft enough to remove.

Most panels have serious damage to the lacquer from the bird shit. :(

While it was all wet and the imperfections weren't noticable, I did stand back and realised how much I love that car... :luvlove:

The lacquer should sort itself out for the most part. Had a similar issue on our Golf, and you can't see where the mark was now

The lacquer should sort itself out for the most part. Had a similar issue on our Golf, and you can't see where the mark was now

It's lifted in a few places. :( Might try wet sanding a couple of spots, but one bit on the wing is back to primer!

:lol:

Touch up paint, some wet sanding, laquer etc should sort it. Bird poo is awful stuff :gag:

We're gonna be getting rid of the candy white breaker very soon- just wondering if you want any body bits for your VR? We've still got the bonnet, driver's door and tailgate in good nick + the bare shell. Just let me know :)

bum

there's a high potentiality that'll get misconstrued as an invite

My mistake, Its sometimes hard to type on these smartphones....

Bum?

Well, it's been a year since the VR went back on the road. Which surprised me, and I'd not booked it in for an MOT. Luckily they slotted me in early as they had a cancellation, and it passed without any advisories, which was nice.

Celebrated by reversing into the 16v tonight. :roll:

Well, it's been a year since the VR went back on the road. Which surprised me, and I'd not booked it in for an MOT. Luckily they slotted me in early as they had a cancellation, and it passed without any advisories, which was nice.

Yay!

Celebrated by reversing into the 16v tonight. :roll:

Doh!

Nothing to bad I hope?

Oh dear, well at least the VR passed ok...... and i hope that neither car is hurt from a little foreplay.....

good news on the MOT chap, always nice to get a ticket without having some nasties turn up,

bummer about reversing and bumping the valver, you can always bring it up here, getting a dab hand with the spray gun :)

I know the number plate was broken by the towball, hopefully if there is more damage, it'll be hidden by the new number plate.

It's lifted in a few places. :(

this has just happened to my (not that long repainted) bonnet now too, in the space of about 3 days. bum and balls..