quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Who's that really good looking chap in the background on the first pic........:smug: (No not Rog!) :rolleyes: Car looked great, can't believe how light that Carbon bonnet is too. :thumbleft:

ha ha, yeah I saw you having a little test. I still cant get used to the difference. Its actually to be painted but haven't found anyone I trust enough to do a decent job with it.

Oh sorry! I did look round but weren't sure who you were to ask if it was ok, I was very gentle though! lol

Second attempt at driveshafts refurb underway as after finding out that the ones I started to refurb were the wrong damn ones!!. Got some shafts from Hasan (Fla off here) and stripped them down to metal, the shorter shaft has suffered quite badly from rot but I think it may be still strong enough. Coated them in anti rust and will paint in hammerite smooth spray tonight. Hopefully dry in time for the weekend assembly (with new OEM joints) and fitting to the car and out for a test drive to see if its hopefully sorted the weird rumbling/knocking noise, if not looks like maybe the front wheel bearings need looking at next.

Fitted the refurbed shafts and the rumble is notable in straight line. Havent been round a round about yet to see if the kicking has gone though. Next step are the bearings in the hubs.

Car did feel a little smoother to drive thought. I have a worry that the inner cv clips havent dropped into the shaft recess properly :pale:. Will be taking spare shafts and tools to MIVW I think this year lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79111[/ATTACH]

Car park repairs at MIVW again Sam....I promise not to take photos this time ;-)

Well, Ive said it before, its not a show unless a repair has to be carried out.......

Or a meet! :lol:

Well, Ive said it before, its not a show unless a repair has to be carried out. At least mines going :p

I'll give you that but at least I get to drive Jons Z4M ;-)

Wow, has it really been this long since I updated this thread! Lifes been so busy lately that I havent had much time for the car let alone the forum. However things are looking slightly calmer these days. Since the last update, not much has been done to the car, I have replaced the gearbox out put shaft seal in order to remedy the slipping clutch caused by contamination. I've atted a Trimsport carbon fibre tail light cover along with a Spoon Fed extended carbon fiber spoiler. Interior wise I have recently fitted a snap off boss because...well it was cheap and kinda cool. Now on air suspension with AirLift and V2 management. Relocated the battery to the boot which is now fully enclosed but needs carpeting.

Been to MIVW twice now with the Corrado, been to a couple of shows including a local event where I managed to break down in front of hundreds of people (faulty MAF sensor). That was embarrassing.

Next bits to sort are the dropped passenger window and more problematic is the poor running which is likely MAF and possibly ECU software or coolant sensors. Also have a integrated Might get the car to stealth and see if they can make sense of the running issue.

The AWD conversion hasn't really progressed but I now think I have all the parts needed.

On the look out for a new house (long story) so Im hopeful once Im in and settled, things with the AWD will pick up.

Recently ordered some more carbon fibre bits which were due over a month ago but the company are being very slow to produce the parts. I was told the bits are ready but its hard to get through to them. Fortunately I haven't paid any money for the bits.

My daily has had a rough time and was hit on two separate occasions. First took out drivers wing, door and part of the rear quarter but was all sorted. Recently been hit on the passengers side which took out the bumper and front wing. Caused it to be considered uneconomical for repair but am buying the car back and fixing it up myself. On the plus, both sides will have fresh paint.

Any way, enough waffle

Yes, it's got a kick up near the rear. I think I like it, still getting used to it. It's pretty obvious when the spoiler raises now.

Cheers for the comment.

That spoiler looks awesome! might have to stick it on the 'to do list'. Looking fantastic though, have you had the car mapped yet? something I've been wanting to do but I have a bit of a lump/bog down lower down the revs I wanted to try investigate before getting it mapped.

Brought the old gal out of storage today to do a job I put on hold for a while. Sadly the cf boot doesn't have a lock mechanism support so need to figure out how to do that. May just canabalise a metal one for the brackets etc and glue them on some how.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92650[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92644[/ATTACH]

Just a thought, have you considered wiring up a boot popper through your alarm and just not having the button? I think if I was in your position I'd want the button as well but its an option.

My mate has a bootlid but I'm a fair distance away!

Just a thought, have you considered wiring up a boot popper through your alarm and just not having the button? I think if I was in your position I'd want the button as well but its an option.

My mate has a bootlid but I'm a fair distance away!

Hi Mate

I have the solenoid ready for the de-locking of the rear panel but sadly its not the lock barrel part thats the issue. LWS didnt provide the part on the boot to fit the latch :censored: ie there is no way to close the boot and is only closed due to gravity, any bumps and the boot will open up. See in the attached image where the mouse is pointing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92704[/ATTACH]

Ordered a load of cf material to make my own though, failing that I will cut out the bracket from a metal version and bond it on some how

Cheers blue95!

Ok, so I initially thought about cutting off the part from a metal tailgate but I couldn't live with the fact of having a nice CF boot and a "short cut" solution so I tried making it out of CF instead.

Very first time working with CF (and Fibreglass too really) and the outcome wasnt terrible...

Mould making

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93049[/ATTACH]

Outcome (including M8 threaded inserts)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93055[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]93058[/ATTACH]

Needs a good polish but I'm happy with the outcome (especially when it wont be seen with all the boot trim).

If I were to do it again I would spend more time making sure the air bubbles are out, wouldn't make the hole on the back (not sure why VW needed this massive hole).

Hoping to bond this item to the boot tonight, just hope all the measurements are good and the latch works properly.

On a separate note, does anyone know where I can buy a chrome striker for the boot? Think I found a chrome boot mech just cant find the pin/striker.