Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

27 Litre Rover

Seen this one before, utter madness!!

I read that he didnt fit a Rolls Royce Merlin "coz I didnt think it would need the supercharger!" - Nutter!!

Yup. This one isn't going to be supercharged, which would mean the difference. It has been assembled previously, it did 120 @ 1,500 RPM.

I'm guessing he means 120MPH. At 1,500RPM.

Bloody superb. What an absolute masterpiece! I can't imagine what a 27 litre engine sounds like in a car! :)

Is that the same as this one owned by Practical Perf. Car?

Hi Neil, Yep I think it is. I'm on page 16 of 24 so far. Utter madness, but sooo right.

He's been building that car on & off for over 10 years. The engine is a Rolls Meteor engine, which is basically a predecessor to the Merlin engine.

Although it isn't Nick's car, if you want to hear what the engine sounds like try this : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8247949944477077608

The car is currently off the road, with the chassis being rebuilt (again) to fix some bump steer problems, and the fuel injection is being adjusted so it runs on Bio-ethanol IIRC

Yeah, I've seen this a few times before, but ye gods! :lol:

I really want to see this when it's done! :norty:

He's been building that car on & off for over 10 years. The engine is a Rolls Meteor engine, which is basically a predecessor to the Merlin engine.

the Meteor is actually based on the Merlin,as it was effectively a detuned and simplified Merlin for use in a Tank :wink:

This man is a genius. Been followin this for a year or two now, coz i read PPC (practical performance car). This is a top magazine and would recommend anyone to go out and get a copy

I love totally pointless and madcap projects like this - standard of workmanship looks absolutley top notch