jezzaG60

Jezza's G60..... 16vG60.....Turbo :-)

Ok..... well i've had my lovely G60 for nearly 3 years. I thought it was about time that i posted up a few pics of whats been done so far.

I've got a huge pile of other parts which hopefully i'll get round to fitting soon including new wheels, suspension, arbs, poly bushes, engine, gearbox (wow.... looks like i've been spending loads of money when i've actually been stock piling these bits over the last 3 years as and when they have come up!!)

This one is the car a few weeks after I got it. I had swapped the wheels and lights on to it from my old corrado. Other mods at this stage were the rubbing stips removed and a change to a late spec grill.

I think i had installed a load of sound deadening and made a custom boot build which i'll have to take a pic of at some point.

jezg60_resize.jpg

One out in the snow we had in Feb last year

csnow-1.jpg

Few other bits done in the pic below, mud flaps are on..... contraversial i know but i kinda like them and i think they make the back of the car look lower. Removed the rear towing eye and smoothed the bumper, painted number plate surround and de-locked and painted door handles.

jc.jpg

One below is a pretty rubbish shot of my engine bay.... i'm not much of a picture whore really and i don't have many good ones! I think some other people have better pictures of my car. The car is now wearing the very first of the full length scuttle covers. Its also got some aero wipers (ones from a passat that i got from the scrapper for £5 and modded to fit the 'rado)

P7300223.jpg

One more pic in the snow as it make the paint and the wheels look good!!!

ExeterCarMeet046.jpg

Right... thats enough for one post. I'll see if i can find some pics of the other mods!! :clap:

LOL..... I wondered how long it would be until you posted a constructive comment!

The car is still in having a bit of paint done at the mo...... and i have done my back in a bit hence why i have time to sit in front of the computer for a change!

Anyways.... while i'm writing a message i'd best add another pic or two.

I had a spare rear beam shot blasted and painted, new backing plates, bushes discs, bearings handbrake cables, all new bolts and some fabia vrs rear calipers.

Mmmmmmmmm new!!!

P2130033.jpg

And at the front, some wilwoods came up at a price i couldn't refuse.

Car is running in winter spec here with the satin black borbet c's

15082006059.jpg

Well.... its 1 month till E38 and i've realised my engine is no closer to being built than it was 2 years ago!

So, last week i finally finished porting my head and sent it back to the machine shop for the finishing touches. A few other bits are starting to come together now so i'm finally making progress!

P7220542.jpg

The engine as it stands..... one month to go, well actually less as i'd like it up and running before a local show over the bank holiday!

P7220541.jpg

For those who haven't guessed it yet i'm builiding a 16vG60

2l 16v G60,

Scat H beam Rods,

Fully ported head,

Cut down S2 manifold,

Emerald stand alone management,

Custom front mount I/C,

Standalone charger oil system,

...... and a few other bits n bobs!

Well, quick update for the few who may be interested.

Engine is coming together quite well, got the rods and pistons in, got the head built back up and bolted on. Pretty much finished the S2 manifold and had a quick trial fit of most of the parts to see how things will look!

Nice shiney scat steel rods

P7220544.jpg

Engine with a few bits trial fitted. Don't worry, most of it will get some paint before it goes together. WIll probably have it all apart again after E38 but i just want to get the thing running and get some kind of map sorted for the emerald

P7250545.jpg

Got a G60 auto throttle body from the states which gives me a throttle pot for the standalone management. It also has a pair of throttle switches which may come in handy for some added NOS at some point! :-D

P7250546.jpg

Only got 3 weeks to get it in and running...... soooooo much to do!

:shock: - It's starting to take shape at last! nice one 8) - can't wait for you to finish it so I can give the fecker a test run :lol:

Yeah, thats right, it is a 1.8t fuel rail...... This engine is starting to feel a bit like scrap heap challenge. I think there are bits on it from about 8 different engines from the VAG stable!

Hmmm, not sure if that sounds a bit sarcastic or not! The borbets serve a purpose. Just waiting for a different set of alloys to come back from being polished and then they will be on there for the rest of the "summer".

Right, time for a quick update.... been pretty busy on the car this week. Finally think i've got the belt routing and alternator mounting sorted. Engine is pretty much together and ready to go in. I've pulled the old engine out now.

Today i fitted a different front subframe which has all been powder coated along with new powder coated wishbones, R32 rear wishbone bushes and Powerflex front bushes. Dug out the big H&R box that i've had hiding for the last year and fitted the new front ARB as well...

Pics to follow!!

Hopefully the engine will be chucked in this week and i may even manage to fire it up...... Cornwall jamboree is less than 2 weeks away and i'm determined to drive it there!

Cant wait to see this up and running...........

Awsome looking C with an awsome engine to go with it 8)

need to start parking behind bushes again :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, sorry for the lack of updates.... but as you can imagine i've got my work cut out to get this finished..... or at least as close to finished as its going to be for the moment!

P8070561-1.jpg

Thats the engine pretty much together and ready to go in.

P8100566.jpg

Engine hung in the car for the first time. Happpy to see the alternator clears the front cross member ok.

P8100569.jpg

Quick pick of the fabrication for the intercooler. Had to make it twin pass really to be able to have a sensible pipe routing.

looks great chap, really making me jealous now, everybody is finishing their 16vG60s before me.... :( what sort of power you hoping to get from it ??

LOL, i wouldnt say mine is going to be finished.... i've just got to the point where i'm fed up with thinking about how i'm gonna make this work or make that work so i thought i'd get it all together and running. Then i can take it back out again and sort out the engine bay and get a few more bits powder coated.

Power wise i really don't know what to expect. Anything under 250 and i'll be a bit gutted. That said a guy on Vortex has built a similar spec to mine and made 244 at the wheels..... which would be getting close to the magic 300 :-D

Gonna have a dam good go at raggin 300 out of it when i'm happy with everything on it!

Will we see it in the flesh on sunday?

Hope so 8)

Ditto, hope to see it this weekend

(Answer your PM aswell :p )

The intercooler is a cheapy ebay jobbie that i've cut the end tanks off and fabricated new ones. Couldn't have got a much bigger one in there tbh!

I'm hoping it will be up and running this weekend..... but there is a lot to do. All those little jobs that you don't really think about are slowing me down a bit! You will have to excuse the mess its in as well, the engine bay wont be very tidy as i'm leaving the old loom in there and running the other one in as well. I just want to see it driving now!

I will reply to your P.M's later...... like i say work has gone very busy and i'm working all hours!

Man that looks awesome. A mate of mine had a G6016v in his Mk2 golf. It only ran on a SNS 8v G60 chip and was pushing the 8v injectors too 100% but it was pretty damn quick and very torquey... would say 300+bhp is easily possible with a good re-map :)

Ben

looks great chap, really making me jealous now, everybody is finishing their 16vG60s before me.... :( what sort of power you hoping to get from it ??

Dude you'll get it finished soon :) Don't rush it.. 8)

Ben

Well, it runs!.... but it didnt make it down to the cornwall jamboree. Its not looking like it will go to E38 either. I could possibly get the few little bits on the engine sorted by friday but there are many other bits that need looking at. I don't think i want to drive it out the workshop and straight into a 700 mile round trip to E38!!

Should have pulled my finger out a week earlier and then it may have been done!

On the up side i'm pretty pleased with how it all looks in there, will be even better once the 'bay has been re-painted and all the other little niggles sorted!

Pics to follow.