jezzaG60

Jezza's G60..... 16vG60.....Turbo :-)

Yeah.... its a bit nervy reving it that high, I still haven't got round to swapping in an 8k tacho from a 16v so its a bit of guess work on how far off the clock i want to rev it! Its too hard to try and watch the rpm on the laptop as it climbs so fast! What I really need to do is install a shift light so i know when to stop lol.

I've got a soft cut limiter at 7400 and the hard cut is at 7600. I have nudged the soft cut a couple of times but it just give you a light misfire, hopefully not enough to damage the charger. I don't think it would appreciate hitting a hard cut limiter at those speeds!

Car is pretty good on the road, I've got to play with the suspension geometry a bit to see if i can make it feel a bit less skitish.... but i get the feeling that is jus how its going to feel trying to put that much power down. Its fine if you hang on REALLY tight to the wheel!

Awesome stuff there, 300bhp can drive brilliantly.

What set up you using on all the drivetrain?

What torque levels you got, from what i understand thats the only thing is hard to achieve over 300 too?

300 is possible from the g lader as you have proven, i take my hat off to you but just sadly very very hard if not impossible on an 8v

Most of the chassis/drive train mods are in my sig. Pretty much everything is new, brakes, suspension bushes etc. I'm running ball joint extenders on the front to drop the wishbone so it sits more level with the lowered ride height. I've also got rose joint track rod ends which are positioned on the underside of the hub so the track rods and wishbones are more level.

The only problem i have found in this set up is that the castor is lower than is should be which makes it feel a bit more twitchy than it should. I have got some camber/castor top mounts but they wont work with my strut brace so at some point i will fabricate something of my own.

Gearbox is a brand new VW mk4 gti box with a tdi 5th from a mk3 and a peloquin. Gives a great set of ratios.

Torque is around 260lbft. I don't think you can get a lot more than that from the G.

Sounds awesome mate, i need more info on the gearbox mate, i have been looking for a good answer for ages and awesome sounds good enough for me?

I was lucky enough to aquire a brand new Mk4 gti gearbox at a sensible price. I'm pretty sure the ratios are the same as a Mk3 16v box. 1st and 2nd are like the vr 1st and 2nd so 60 in second is easily achievable. 3rd follows on nicely from there. 4th is quite close to 3rd but i find it makes it a great fast B road/Aroad gear. 5th drops the revs nicely for cruising. Cant remember what rpm it puts me at at 80mph but its pretty sensible, around 3k on 16's i think.

On top of that is the peloquin, great bit of kit which is pretty well tried and tested. Puts the power down really well to be honest. Does give you a bit of torque steer mind!

The setup may be for sale in the not so different future if i come across the syncro/haldex parts i'm after.

I know some body who might have a rallye set up for sale mate but no haldex, let me know what you want for the box, is it a straight swap?

Congrats on cracking the 300bhp barrier!

:clap:

As you have mentioned it is unlikely you will see many more big gains in power output and the expenditure starts to get very large for little HP gain. Be worth running the revs a little higher but you will probably need to trade off the pulley for a larger item to do that safely so it all comes down to where you want the powerband really.

Just read this thread, what a fantastic build you have done, I take my hat off to you sir! :D With regards to your exhaust pipe doing smaller as it gets towards the back, that is often done to keep the exhaust gasses speed up, because as it cools it takes up less volume.

300 is possible from the g lader as you have proven, i take my hat off to you but just sadly very very hard if not impossible on an 8v

Wasn't Jeroen Dik's Mk1 an 8V to start with at 310hp, later to become 16V and 350hp? His company is featured in this months copy of PVW for all its sins. His Mk1 was inspiration for many I think...and my favourite all time modified car

I know he is the man though i cant get enough of his projects.

I think he actually advised Jabba on my car too.

Found your thread in the end mate, one of the most interesting/informative build threads i've read in a while. And if what we were talkin about the other days goes ahead (coz i know what u boys are like for changin ya minds) its gonna be one hell of a beast and i can't wait to see it done! Oh and get some pics up of it, was looking sweet when i popped in the other day!

P.s The ride height on mine hadn't really bothered me until u mentioned it the other day and know its bugging the shit out of me, :bad-words: :brickwall: :lol:

I have gone a touch further with this. Excuse the "work in progress pics" Poor car has been pushed in and out the workshop for the last 9 months and is looking seriously unloved!

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Had it running today for the first time in tooooo long. Little play on the dyno and things are looking quite promising ;)

Nice.

I had been thinking about doing that at some point, should be mental amounts of torque at the higher end of the rev range.

Saw this today, :cuckoo: :lol: Awesome work jezza, gonna be so nuts when u've had another play with it. figures are already crazy! Was gonna ask to hear it but could see u were busy, maybe next time, take it easy bud

Have you changed injectors? Even with 4 bar FP, the 385 injectors must be maxed out to hit 300 hp. What kind of AFR are you seeing?